Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
39 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 23 August 2011 - 12:19 AM

Toovo1985
  • Toovo1985
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

One more teaser for the new Porsche 911...everyone is waiting for it. Just a few more days so that everyone finally gets to see the new generation of the iconic car.

Here's the official teaser video

Check the video

Posted 23 August 2011 - 01:35 AM

CarManga
  • CarManga
    Banned

I WANT MORE!!! Can't they unveil the car once and for all???

Posted 23 August 2011 - 07:03 PM

Toovo1985
  • Toovo1985
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hey, the car has finally been unveiled! You can check here for official images

Posted 23 August 2011 - 08:07 PM

Viceroymenthol
  • Viceroymenthol
    Supercharged
    Author Image

It looks like a 911 no doubt. laugh.gif laugh.gif After all, why fix something that ain't broke, right. I guess it is what's underneath the sheetmetal that matters!

The new carrera S can do 0-60 in 4.3s... Impeessive. Wonder what the new 911 turbo can do!

Edited by Viceroymenthol, 23 August 2011 - 08:08 PM.

Posted 24 August 2011 - 05:04 PM

Toovo1985
  • Toovo1985
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Totally agree with you!!! 911 is a success so many changes might destroy this iconic car! I'm glad Porsche always keeps it safe when upgrading the 911

Posted 26 August 2011 - 02:13 PM

JaydenSTI
  • Premium member
    JaydenSTI
    5th Gear
    Author Image

no offense to porsche fans.... im a big fan of porsche, but it sure look like a flatten VW bettle from the front view......... btw, how to work around with 7 manual cogs?????

Edited by JaydenSTI, 26 August 2011 - 02:14 PM.

We are all full, but so yet to be filled.

Posted 26 August 2011 - 02:19 PM

Turboflat4
  • Premium member
    Turboflat4
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

no offense to porsche fans.... im a big fan of porsche, but it sure look like a flatten VW bettle from the front view......... btw, how to work around with 7 manual cogs?????

Should I be offended? laugh.gif

Oh well, looks are subjective. And there are many more people who have problems with Subaru's designs than Porsche's. I've actually owned 2 gens of the WRX before - bugeye and cockeye, but I would never go for a hatch (which reminds me of a Starlet or old Civic hatch or something). Again, no offence, yah? biggrin.gif

And a 7MT sounds like a whole lot of fun to learn. wub.gif
We live in a primitive time, don't we, Will? Neither savage nor wise. Half measures are the curse of it; any rational society would either kill me or put me to some use.

Posted 26 August 2011 - 02:23 PM

JaydenSTI
  • Premium member
    JaydenSTI
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Oh well, looks are subjective. And there are many more people who have problems with Subaru's designs than Porsche's. I've actually owned 2 gens of the WRX before - bugeye and cockeye, but I would never go for a hatch (which reminds me of a Starlet or old Civic hatch or something). Again, no offence, yah? biggrin.gif

no offense either, subie was nvr a first brand in my choice, but only the power its offer. and somehow im a hatch lover tongue.gif

just wondering where and how to engage the 7th cog.....

Posted 26 August 2011 - 02:29 PM

Turboflat4
  • Premium member
    Turboflat4
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

no offense either, subie was nvr a first brand in my choice, but only the power its offer. and somehow im a hatch lover tongue.gif

just wondering where and how to engage the 7th cog.....

I suppose it might look like this: porsche_7spd_layout.jpg

If the 7th gear is a dog-leg meant for autobahn/NSH fuel-saving only, it should be fine.
We live in a primitive time, don't we, Will? Neither savage nor wise. Half measures are the curse of it; any rational society would either kill me or put me to some use.

Posted 26 August 2011 - 02:34 PM

JaydenSTI
  • Premium member
    JaydenSTI
    5th Gear
    Author Image

I suppose it might look like this:

If the 7th gear is a dog-leg meant for autobahn/NSH fuel-saving only, it should be fine.

what a long transverse direction the box have............. a miss shift from 4th to 7th in the making????

Posted 26 August 2011 - 02:36 PM

RadX
  • Premium member
    RadX

no wonder you cockanathan laugh.gif laugh.gif
damn...looks good the new 991 thumbsup.gif

RESPECT is only for the DEAD!

Posted 26 August 2011 - 02:51 PM

Turboflat4
  • Premium member
    Turboflat4
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Dey pundeh, 911 lah! dry.gif

What 991? Your own secret society, issit? laugh.gif

Posted 26 August 2011 - 03:08 PM

JaydenSTI
  • Premium member
    JaydenSTI
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Dey pundeh, 911 lah! dry.gif

What 991? Your own secret society, issit? laugh.gif

bradder, nothing wrong to say it is 991.......... its the successor of 997................

Posted 26 August 2011 - 03:21 PM

Turboflat4
  • Premium member
    Turboflat4
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

bradder, nothing wrong to say it is 991.......... its the successor of 997................

Now, don't I feel like the ignorant a------e. blush.gif

Thought it was a mistype on RadX's part - sorry lah annah/thambi (depending on your age). laugh.gif

But 991 < 997? Weird to go 993, 996, 997, then 991, right? Unless you meant 987 - but that's a Boxster, not a 911. unsure.gif

Edited by Turboflat4, 26 August 2011 - 03:22 PM.

Posted 26 August 2011 - 03:26 PM

KARTer
  • KARTer
    Banned

If its a close ratio 7-clogger, maybe the driver has to decide which gear to 'skip' for normal leisurely driving.... if it has overdrive for say top two gears, prob'ly he can go 1-2-4-6 (or7) if he's not in a hurry? it depends on the 'gate-pattern' also i guess, unless its and '+', '-' thingy smile.gif
我地呢班打工仔, 通街走直头系坏肠胃, 温个些少到月底点够驶(吃个鬼), 咪话无乜所谓, 最弊波士郁的发威(癫过鸡), 一咪系处系唔系就乱黎吠, 哎亲加薪块面拿起恶睇(扭下计)...我地呢班打工仔 一生一世为钱币做奴隶, 个种辛苦折堕讲出吓鬼(死比你睇),半斤八两 就算有福都无你享...

Posted 26 August 2011 - 03:28 PM

Turboflat4
  • Premium member
    Turboflat4
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

unless its and '+', '-' thingy smile.gif

Fairly sure you have to "row" through the gears - hence the excitement over the 7 speeds.

Edited by Turboflat4, 26 August 2011 - 03:28 PM.

Posted 26 August 2011 - 03:28 PM

KARTer
  • KARTer
    Banned

tongue.gif

bro, you personalised the model designation to 991??
我地呢班打工仔, 通街走直头系坏肠胃, 温个些少到月底点够驶(吃个鬼), 咪话无乜所谓, 最弊波士郁的发威(癫过鸡), 一咪系处系唔系就乱黎吠, 哎亲加薪块面拿起恶睇(扭下计)...我地呢班打工仔 一生一世为钱币做奴隶, 个种辛苦折堕讲出吓鬼(死比你睇),半斤八两 就算有福都无你享...

Posted 26 August 2011 - 03:30 PM

KARTer
  • KARTer
    Banned

smile.gif

Fairly sure you have to "row" through the gears - hence the excitement over the 7 speeds.

actually i havent seen the shift pattern of modern day manual porsches, they still have the 'traditional' pattern??

Posted 26 August 2011 - 03:34 PM

KARTer
  • KARTer
    Banned

I suppose it might look like this:

The pattern shown seems suitable for tracks (or winding, fast roads) as 3,4,5, maybe 6 which are the freq use gears, grouped in user-friendly shift path for the hand.... no?
2nd is seldom use except for real 'tricky' turns, 6,7 need real long straights to reach... my guess only smile.gif

Posted 26 August 2011 - 04:51 PM

RadX
  • Premium member
    RadX

Now, don't I feel like the ignorant a------e. blush.gif

Thought it was a mistype on RadX's part - sorry lah annah/thambi (depending on your age). laugh.gif

But 991 < 997? Weird to go 993, 996, 997, then 991, right? Unless you meant 987 - but that's a Boxster, not a 911. unsure.gif

laugh.gif i forgive you...you still nb....er noob in Porkers..
well thin they dunno watever codes to go for 911.1?? tongue.gif

RESPECT is only for the DEAD!

Back to Conti Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users