Built in baking Oven

Yusld

Neutral Newbie

Decided on either one. Bosch or Ariston? Expert, Please give some advice.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

bro, you may want to check out the price at mega discount store. I bought my stove, cooking hood, fridge and TV from there (united square outlet) and was given quite good price...

Limited kitchen space, so I bought a sharp 4 in 1 oven.

-Super heated steam oven

-Convention oven

-Microwave oven

-Steam oven

Not a built in but it is stainless steel.

how good are those non built-in Tefal/Cornell convection ovens/grill compared to these built in ones ?

how good are those non built-in Tefal/Cornell convection ovens/grill compared to these built in ones ?

Better power consumption

Easier to clean

Either reduce cooking temp by about 10 degrees celsuis or reduce cooking time by 10 minutes using conventional oven timings and temps.

Neutral Newbie

Thanks, me and hubby went there too. Indeed their quotations is one of the better one....but I have a place much better quote for electronics.

bro, you may want to check out the price at mega discount store. I bought my stove, cooking hood, fridge and TV from there (united square outlet) and was given quite good price...

Thanks, me and hubby went there too. Indeed their quotations is one of the better one....but I have a place much better quote for electronics.

Buy miele lah [laugh] confirm no problem

Better power consumption and easy clean for those non-built in one right ?

reduced cooking time will be for built-in ?

how about the quality of the food say grilled meat or roast chicken ? assuming same piece of meat, which type will produce better results in food quality ?

Better power consumption

Easier to clean

Either reduce cooking temp by about 10 degrees celsuis or reduce cooking time by 10 minutes using conventional oven timings and temps.

Better power consumption and easy clean for those non-built in one right ?

reduced cooking time will be for built-in ?

how about the quality of the food say grilled meat or roast chicken ? assuming same piece of meat, which type will produce better results in food quality ?

i mentioned all those perks are for convection ovens.

tk5000.jpg

Why this cooker can cook faster and achieve even cooking still is because it utilise convection air currents on top of the usual conduction and heat radiation. Basically there is a blower/fan element that channels the hot air current around which cooks the food mroe quickly. In contrast, conventional ovens cook primarily by heat radiation and conduction only.

Oh one more reason to buy a convection oven. No need to preheat. :D

Whether the quality of the roast differs or not really is up to the skill and judgement of the individual. If you bear in mind the fact that the top part of the article being cooked is exposed to the direct draught of the convection current more and do adjustments such as rotating the food, then even roasting is very easy. In my experience, i did not have to resort to adjust the orientation of the food because cooking time is 1/2 hr or less. That is, since the residence time is so short, this factor becomes less of a consideration.

Edited by Happily1986

Supercharged

Mine is E&F brand. Made in Italy, for 500 - 600 $. It's within your budget.

The things about oven is u must buy one that gives you the most functions. There are 4, 6 or 8 functions. The more the better. The 8 function one can grill, fan assisted, roast top and bottom, and some comes with the turning rod for chicken.

The cheapo ones dont give you top and bottom roast. So you got take note of the functions.

Some have self cleaning functions, which means the sides of the oven won't be greasy after u roast something. But no use, according to sales people.

Mine is the 8 function, but no turning rod.

Bought from mega discount store at united square.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

I went there the sales recommend me the black mirror EF too. It look so sleek, but later I found out, indeed this is Italy brand BUT Made in China, that is why they gave 2 or 3 years warranty.

At first I ask her, where this brand from and where the product Made in. She said, Brand is from Italy but manufactured in China. No offense , but I got no confidence in China made. I had a few example, buy and throw!

Mine is E&F brand. Made in Italy, for 500 - 600 $. It's within your budget.

The things about oven is u must buy one that gives you the most functions. There are 4, 6 or 8 functions. The more the better. The 8 function one can grill, fan assisted, roast top and bottom, and some comes with the turning rod for chicken.

The cheapo ones dont give you top and bottom roast. So you got take note of the functions.

Some have self cleaning functions, which means the sides of the oven won't be greasy after u roast something. But no use, according to sales people.

Mine is the 8 function, but no turning rod.

Bought from mega discount store at united square.

Edited by Yusld

Supercharged

Sure it's made in china??? I'm quite sure it's made in Italy because I saw the packaging when I open my oven after delivery.

U can call the service centre in siNgspore and clarify

Anyway, for built in ovens, my view is that should get those that are more reliable coz it'll be troublesome if you need to replace the oven in future. when i was searching for one some years ago, brandt and electrolux are the 2 that many recommended me.

I think some other forums have also discussed this topic quite a bit (e.g. renotalk).

i mentioned all those perks are for convection ovens.

Why this cooker can cook faster and achieve even cooking still is because it utilise convection air currents on top of the usual conduction and heat radiation. Basically there is a blower/fan element that channels the hot air current around which cooks the food mroe quickly. In contrast, conventional ovens cook primarily by heat radiation and conduction only.

Oh one more reason to buy a convection oven. No need to preheat. :D

Whether the quality of the roast differs or not really is up to the skill and judgement of the individual. If you bear in mind the fact that the top part of the article being cooked is exposed to the direct draught of the convection current more and do adjustments such as rotating the food, then even roasting is very easy. In my experience, i did not have to resort to adjust the orientation of the food because cooking time is 1/2 hr or less. That is, since the residence time is so short, this factor becomes less of a consideration.

Yes, this oven is good, I have one and have been using it for 15yrs, bolay tahan until so long also, damn power.

Cakes, still use regular oven, anything else, grilling, roasting, this one best.

Yes, this oven is good, I have one and have been using it for 15yrs, bolay tahan until so long also, damn power.

Cakes, still use regular oven, anything else, grilling, roasting, this one best.

Mine i think the brand mati already haha Elysee :D

Mine i think the brand mati already haha Elysee :D

The one I use still got, only I forgot what brand name. Use to roast Macadamia nuts damn power. :D

↡ Advertisement