• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
86 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 24 August 2011 - 12:22 AM

Somebody
  • Somebody
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi there,

i'm having terrible fuel consumption with my toyota camry. even when i drive "conservatively", it is doing about 7-8km/litre. completely horrible.

what are your experiences?

Posted 24 August 2011 - 12:24 AM

VellfireS
  • Premium member
    VellfireS
    Turbocharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi there,

i'm having terrible fuel consumption with my toyota camry. even when i drive "conservatively", it is doing about 7-8km/litre. completely horrible.

The best I got was 11.6km/l..

Average 8-9..
The Great Melon TIKO Ranger since 2011

Posted 24 August 2011 - 12:50 AM

Nonetheless
  • Premium member
    Nonetheless
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

driving 08 camry 2.4, pre facelift...

average ard 10-11km/l

worst ard 9-10km/l

i m light footed most of the time and uses the cruise control in wee hours

hope it helps...

Edited by Nonetheless, 24 August 2011 - 12:51 AM.

Posted 24 August 2011 - 07:21 AM

Yaloryalor
  • Premium member
    Yaloryalor
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Hi there,

For your reference

I am driving 2.0 Accord. Aveagely I only get 7-8km/L. when I drive 80% city and heavy foot.

With heavy foot if I drive with 50% city, 50% highway then can get about 9km/L only.

I feel its the road condition and your right foot.

人恶人怕天不怕,人善人欺天不欺;善恶到头终有报,只争来早与来迟。

Posted 24 August 2011 - 07:23 AM

ER-3682
  • Premium member
    ER-3682
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Hi there,

Check your tires pressure,the 16 inches need 42psi for good mlieage,use 98 petrol if possible,use 95 petrol less mileage,do a full service if possible,esp the air filter,7-8 km/h is unacceptable for a 2.4 N/A in line 4,worse than my 3.7V6.!

Fairlady.

Posted 24 August 2011 - 08:02 AM

Kmchew
  • Kmchew
    Clutched
    Author Image

42psi? that is way higher that the recommended pressure.......

Posted 24 August 2011 - 08:55 AM

Observer
  • Premium member
    Observer
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

For your reference.

My 4.0l v8 is doing slightly worse than you only

Posted 24 August 2011 - 11:50 AM

Somebody
  • Somebody
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

why some of you with higher capacity engines have only slightly worse consumption? =( makes me wonder if there is something really wrong with my car.

well.. the results of the bro with accord would be in line with the performance of my car though... haha

Posted 24 August 2011 - 11:55 AM

Schell31
  • Schell31
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Even my 2.5 V6 Teana is around 10-11KM/L...

Posted 24 August 2011 - 01:39 PM

Invigorated
  • Invigorated
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Even my 2.5 V6 Teana is around 10-11KM/L...

Maybe cos the teana is running on cvt. But frankly 11 is unrealistic unless it's mostly highway. Care to share ur driving patterns?

Posted 24 August 2011 - 01:58 PM

Rosschang
  • Rosschang
    4th Gear
    Author Image

IS250 2.5 V6 doing about 12 +/- a few decimal points... 70% HW aggressive driving, 50% Heavy foot loot type...

Posted 24 August 2011 - 02:04 PM

Happily1986
  • Premium member
    Happily1986
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

For your reference.

My 4.0l v8 is doing slightly worse than you only

ouch
1923 - 2015. You will be missed.

Posted 24 August 2011 - 02:06 PM

Tohto
  • Premium member
    Tohto
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Sometimes overly light foot can caused a higher FC. Becasue you will take forever for your car to reach cruising speed and your car will always stay in lower gear which will consume more fuel.
Try changing your driving habit, accelerate briskly when traffic is clear, so you can reach cruising speed faster and then you moderate control your right foot.

Posted 24 August 2011 - 02:09 PM

Rosschang
  • Rosschang
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Sometimes overly light foot can caused a higher FC. Becasue you will take forever for your car to reach cruising speed and your car will always stay in lower gear which will consume more fuel.
Try changing your driving habit, accelerate briskly when traffic is clear, so you can reach cruising speed faster and then you moderate control your right foot.

Somehow, I do agree wit what you said. biggrin.gif

Posted 24 August 2011 - 03:23 PM

Somebody
  • Somebody
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

what?!?!?

how come a 2.5l v6 can be more efficient than me?!?!? =( possible that there is something really wrong with my car that is causing the inefficiency?

Posted 24 August 2011 - 03:33 PM

Mightymito
  • Mightymito
    5th Gear
    Author Image

What are you complaining about?

I drive a 1.4L and get about 6km/l. rolleyes.gif

Posted 24 August 2011 - 03:36 PM

Invigorated
  • Invigorated
    5th Gear
    Author Image

IS250 2.5 V6 doing about 12 +/- a few decimal points... 70% HW aggressive driving, 50% Heavy foot loot type...

U sure it's not 12l/100km?

Posted 24 August 2011 - 07:26 PM

ER-3682
  • Premium member
    ER-3682
    Supercharged
    Author Image

What are you complaining about?

I drive a 1.4L and get about 6km/l. rolleyes.gif

What car is that.????

Fairlady.

Posted 24 August 2011 - 07:32 PM

Leeke1
  • Leeke1
    4th Gear
    Author Image

U sure it's not 12l/100km?

nowaday direct injection technology can run on lean fuel....save fuel

Posted 24 August 2011 - 07:44 PM

Edge_sg
  • Edge_sg
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

IS250 is using Direct Injection engine which is very economical when light foot or cruising,plus it got a 6-speed transmission which helps too.

Back to Japanese Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users