Fuel Consumption of Toyota Camry 2.4l

Somebody

My experience is, there is no 1 figure for all driving conditions.

I'm driving a 3-yr-old Camry 2.0 mostly in urban and getting on average 8.5km/L.

While 50/50 urban/highway would clock around 10-11km/L.

On the ocassional drive to M'sia NSH, I could get 14-15km/L if I stick to the legal speed limit, less if I speed.

↡ Advertisement

U driving cl7a correct? Mine is the r but my fc is 50% better than urs .

Something is not quite right to be honest if ur fc is that bad .

For your reference

I am driving 2.0 Accord. Aveagely I only get 7-8km/L. when I drive 80% city and heavy foot.

With heavy foot if I drive with 50% city, 50% highway then can get about 9km/L only.

I feel its the road condition and your right foot.

if u r born with silver spoon u reckon so, but not in my case

not my case too. :)

i don't born with a given spoon and nothing to look upon for even a tea spoon from others.

all along, i had been earning my own wooden tea spoon and now, maybe a stainless steel dining spoon, far from a golden or silver spoon. :)

driving a car, it's not about small cc, best FC and that will be the best car. need space means buy vans and not MPVs.

else we will not see so many porsches in Shanghai and so many BMWs in Singapore. :)

i hope you can understand where i am coming from, perhaps different POVs. :)

If you get a tyre with stiff sidewall, using the pressure indicated on the drivers door will suffice, which normally should be ard 32-34. I'm using 17 inch and is using 33/32 psi for a 1.4ton kerb weight car.

Check your tires pressure,the 16 inches need 42psi for good mlieage,use 98 petrol if possible,use 95 petrol less mileage,do a full service if possible,esp the air filter,7-8 km/h is unacceptable for a 2.4 N/A in line 4,worse than my 3.7V6.!

Assuming your tyres are not underinflated, your best bet is to plug in a obd reader and record your af ratio, ignition timing, throttled used, air intake temp etc and see if there is anything abnormal.

Hi there,

i'm having terrible fuel consumption with my toyota camry. even when i drive "conservatively", it is doing about 7-8km/litre. completely horrible.

what are your experiences?

Hi guys,i am driving 2006 camry,tyre is 215/60/16 pressure is 32psi..

i got feel of like knocking on stone whenever the road is uneven(especially when PUB like to dig hole on the road then cover it back anyhow)..

tyre uncle advise if i wan comfort drive then i pump 30psi but with this(will feel the push knock when i step acceler to move off when the car is moving slowly to a stop,<just a one time small knock then when in 2nd gear it is ok>)

but with 32psi(the knock is very small)..

is it something to do with the tyre pressure or what would the bros advise me on??

as for FC,if i pump 32psi,it help beter,can get 11-12km/L(mostly highway)

My experience is, there is no 1 figure for all driving conditions.

I'm driving a 3-yr-old Camry 2.0 mostly in urban and getting on average 8.5km/L.

While 50/50 urban/highway would clock around 10-11km/L.

On the ocassional drive to M'sia NSH, I could get 14-15km/L if I stick to the legal speed limit, less if I speed.

I believe if we find ourself driving within 70km/h most of the time, it is Urban Mode fuel consumption we can expect (my recent observation). Only when we drive above that speed, we can hope for better fuel consumption. Even for Myvi, it is 13.4km/h against 16km/l.

i saw a camry owner topping up a 5 litre bottle after topping his fuel tank in JB yesterday....wondering y he wanted to do that and this thread has all the answers! [laugh][laugh]

huh why le?

Hi guys,i am driving 2006 camry,tyre is 215/60/16 pressure is 32psi..

i got feel of like knocking on stone whenever the road is uneven(especially when PUB like to dig hole on the road then cover it back anyhow)..

tyre uncle advise if i wan comfort drive then i pump 30psi but with this(will feel the push knock when i step acceler to move off when the car is moving slowly to a stop,<just a one time small knock then when in 2nd gear it is ok>)

but with 32psi(the knock is very small)..

is it something to do with the tyre pressure or what would the bros advise me on??

as for FC,if i pump 32psi,it help beter,can get 11-12km/L(mostly highway)

Knocking sound.?Maybe suspension's rubber stopper worn out,common if your car clocked 80,000km.

driving 08 camry 2.4, pre facelift...

average ard 10-11km/l

worst ard 9-10km/l

i m light footed most of the time and uses the cruise control in wee hours

hope it helps...

wow! my average is 9.4 km/l, hardly hit above 10 km/l, my wife always around 10 km/l, so driving habit play an important part [rolleyes]

driving habit play an important part definitely... maybe being under utilised plays a part too due to less wear n tear

my mileage ard 37000km now...

Edited by Nonetheless

Knocking sound.?Maybe suspension's rubber stopper worn out,common if your car clocked 80,000km.

Ya my mileage is 90k now..will ask mechanic to check the suspensions rubber..

Will also feel the knock When moving speed of 70 then (let go acceler & push acceler again)

Bro is this also link to the suspension rubber too..

Thank q bro for valued advise..

driving habit play an important part definitely... maybe being under utilised plays a part too due to less wear n tear

my mileage ard 37000km now...

that is half of my mileage [bigcry] , mine is Mar 08, going for 80K major servicing in 2 weeks time [knife]

I believe if we find ourself driving within 70km/h most of the time, it is Urban Mode fuel consumption we can expect (my recent observation). Only when we drive above that speed, we can hope for better fuel consumption. Even for Myvi, it is 13.4km/h against 16km/l.

That is true. Best FC for most car should be cruising around 90-120km/h.

↡ Advertisement