• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
33 replies to this topic | 10 praises

Posted 24 August 2011 - 09:04 PM

Eviltrap
  • Premium member
    Eviltrap
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

their headlights continuously along Brickland Road towards KJE around 6.30pm.

Sensing somethong wrong, I didn't speed down that stretch as I would normally do.

If not for all the flashings, would have fallen prey to the TPs who had stopped a female motorist! Poor lady.

Appreciate your gesture and if fate allows, I will repay you guys next time! wave.gif

Edited by Eviltrap, 24 August 2011 - 09:05 PM.

Posted 25 August 2011 - 12:13 AM

Mllcg
  • Premium member
    Mllcg
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Sensing somethong wrong, I didn't speed down that stretch as I would normally do.

If not for all the flashings, would have fallen prey to the TPs who had stopped a female motorist! Poor lady.

Appreciate your gesture and if fate allows, I will repay you guys next time! wave.gif

whats the speed limit there? 60 right?

Posted 25 August 2011 - 12:20 AM

Mecontle
  • Mecontle
    Banned

Bring it forward as inthe movie pay it forward

Posted 25 August 2011 - 12:31 AM

GemLeo
  • GemLeo
    4th Gear
    Author Image

it's usually the same for travelling on NSH...

Posted 25 August 2011 - 01:14 AM

Fri13th
  • Fri13th
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Actually i appreciate the TP doing his job more as i can't imagine if no one is doing speed checks and everyone just speed as they like and cause accident and normally its not the ppl who die or injured suffer the most its their family.....a child without a father/mother for support during growing up years is how tough u think? Even both spouse working in a average family already barely making ends meet....imagine 1 just left or bedridden and cannot provide for the family and become a burden?
Think B4 YOU speed! Drive safe everyone drivingcar.gif
Behind every big fortune there is a big crime...

Posted 25 August 2011 - 01:39 AM

Viceroymenthol
  • Viceroymenthol
    Supercharged
    Author Image

and on the US interstates too

Edited by Viceroymenthol, 25 August 2011 - 01:39 AM.

Posted 25 August 2011 - 05:35 AM

Track
  • Premium member
    Track
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

The stretch is conducive for speeding.
Try to limit myself to 70km/hr (speed limit is 60km/h).

See alot of cars just zoom away.
Increasingly, seeing more TPs there.

Wont be surprise to see a speed camera in the future.
Drive safely.

Posted 25 August 2011 - 05:37 AM

Track
  • Premium member
    Track
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

The stretch is conducive for speeding.
Try to limit myself to 70km/hr (speed limit is 60km/h).

See alot of cars just zoom away.
Increasingly, seeing more TPs there.

Wont be surprise to see a speed camera in the future.
Drive safely.

Posted 25 August 2011 - 06:50 AM

Good-Carbuyer

Irony that I read literature years ago, global police records showed most traffic accidents are within respective speed limits. That means getting booked for driving safer above speed limits? tongue.gif

Posted 25 August 2011 - 07:35 AM

Eviilusion
  • Premium member
    Eviilusion
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

everyday i pass that stretch to and fro work and if i go back later then 4.30 i will try to stick to the speed limit cos there will be a speed trap at the slight bend! there will be a guy sitting on the bench under the mrt track and for sure there will be a road block at the jucntion near the temple. sweatdrop.gif sweatdrop.gif The speed limit was 70 when that stretch was opened but later reduce to 60 maybe due to a number of accident along that stretch.
Together We stand Alone

Posted 25 August 2011 - 04:37 PM

Mllcg
  • Premium member
    Mllcg
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

everyday i pass that stretch to and fro work and if i go back later then 4.30 i will try to stick to the speed limit cos there will be a speed trap at the slight bend! there will be a guy sitting on the bench under the mrt track and for sure there will be a road block at the jucntion near the temple. sweatdrop.gif sweatdrop.gif The speed limit was 70 when that stretch was opened but later reduce to 60 maybe due to a number of accident along that stretch.

how does one get into accidents on such a straight road.

and 60kmh on that kind of road is snoozefest. sleeping.gif

Posted 25 August 2011 - 04:54 PM

Samueltan76
  • Premium member
    Samueltan76
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

how does one get into accidents on such a straight road.

and 60kmh on that kind of road is snoozefest. sleeping.gif

Agreed. But any roads that pedestrians have access to cannot have the speed limit set too high, this is to safeguard the safety of the pedestrians.

Posted 25 August 2011 - 04:57 PM

Mllcg
  • Premium member
    Mllcg
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Agreed. But any roads that pedestrians have access to cannot have the speed limit set too high, this is to safeguard the safety of the pedestrians.

put barriers + overhead bridges lor. no more jaywalkers le.

Posted 25 August 2011 - 05:01 PM

Samueltan76
  • Premium member
    Samueltan76
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

put barriers + overhead bridges lor. no more jaywalkers le.

Have you never seen pedestrians climbing over barriers to jaywalk? Putting barriers + overhead bridges cost $$$, while setting a lower speed limit + implementing speed traps earns revenue. Which option would the authority choose? smile.gif

Posted 25 August 2011 - 05:11 PM

Mllcg
  • Premium member
    Mllcg
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Have you never seen pedestrians climbing over barriers to jaywalk? Putting barriers + overhead bridges cost $$$, while setting a lower speed limit + implementing speed traps earns revenue. Which option would the authority choose? smile.gif

climb barriers? try using higher ones.

Posted 25 August 2011 - 05:11 PM

Civic6228
  • Premium member
    Civic6228
    Supercharged
    Author Image

I keep to the speed limit as well but many times I get impatient drivers "tail gating" me and flashing me from the back. I do hope that these drivers will get their "due" when they are speeding off. This is a very popular spot for TP especially towards KJE.

For those "AR_E HOLE"..... frankly there is obviously a very good and valid reason why I am keeping within the speed limit. I am actually "saving" you.

Posted 25 August 2011 - 05:13 PM

Jerrimie
  • Jerrimie
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

brickland road that stretch seldom have pedestrians also. Dunno why set limit 60 nia zzz

Posted 25 August 2011 - 05:14 PM

Mllcg
  • Premium member
    Mllcg
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I keep to the speed limit as well but many times I get impatient drivers "tail gating" me and flashing me from the back. I do hope that these drivers will get their "due" when they are speeding off. This is a very popular spot for TP especially towards KJE.

For those "AR_E HOLE"..... frankly there is obviously a very good and valid reason why I am keeping within the speed limit. I am actually "saving" you.

remember to keep to the left if u are doing that.

Posted 25 August 2011 - 05:18 PM

Civic6228
  • Premium member
    Civic6228
    Supercharged
    Author Image

remember to keep to the left if u are doing that.

Sure, I usually keep in the centre lane when driving within the speed limit, clearing lane 1 for others to overtake.

Edited by Civic6228, 25 August 2011 - 05:19 PM.

Posted 25 August 2011 - 05:24 PM

Jman888
  • Jman888

dun mistaken, some only trying to flash the car in front to give way laugh.gif
骑白马的不一定是王子,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users