Tony Tan's sons refute online allegations on NS record

Johorat

20110825.084758_tony.jpg

AsiaOne

Thursday, Aug 25, 2011

SINGAPORE - Dr Tony Tan's sons have described allegations concerning their National Service (NS) as "lies", reported The Straits Times.

Dr Tan's three sons - Peter, Patrick and Philip - made a joint statement saying, "We fulfilled all obligations in accordance with the rules, regulations, and deployment policies of Mindef (the Ministry of Defence)."

They also said: "Like all other Singaporeans, we are proud to have served Singapore during our National Service."

SEE ALSO:

Tony Tan refutes allegations about special treatment towards son

Aged 45, 42 and 35, Dr Tan's sons have been subject to criticism, suggesting that they were given preferential treatment during NS even though they were combat-fit.

Dr Tan was defence minister between 1995 and 2003.

These claims were also alluded to by speakers at the rallies of Mr Tan Jee Say and Mr Tan Kin Lian on Tuesday and Wednesday night respectively, according to the same report.

Last month, Dr Tony Tan described the allegations that he helped his son Patrick avoid NS by arranging for him to do medical research work as "false rumours" and added that he was "deeply disappointed" by the online talk.

He said then that all three of his sons had served their NS fully - received an NSman's salary and fulfilled all requirements of NS such as IPPT and in-camp training - and he never intervened in their postings.

↡ Advertisement

AsiaOne

Thursday, Aug 25, 2011

SINGAPORE - Dr Tony Tan's sons have described allegations concerning their National Service (NS) as "lies", reported The Straits Times.

work.7600654.1.sticker,220x200-pad,220x200,f8f8f8.i-lied-blueberry-face-meme-v1.pngwork.7600654.1.sticker,220x200-pad,220x200,f8f8f8.i-lied-blueberry-face-meme-v1.png

Edited by Mockngbrd

AsiaOne

Thursday, Aug 25, 2011

Dr Tan's three sons - Peter, Patrick and Philip - made a joint statement saying, "We fulfilled all obligations in accordance with the rules, regulations, and deployment policies of Mindef (the Ministry of Defence)."

They also said: "Like all other Singaporeans, we are proud to have served Singapore during our National Service."

SEE ALSO:

Tony Tan refutes allegations about special treatment towards son

Aged 45, 42 and 35, Dr Tan's sons have been subject to criticism, suggesting that they were given preferential treatment during NS even though they were combat-fit.

Dr Tan was defence minister between 1995 and 2003.

These claims were also alluded to by speakers at the rallies of Mr Tan Jee Say and Mr Tan Kin Lian on Tuesday and Wednesday night respectively, according to the same report.

Last month, Dr Tony Tan described the allegations that he helped his son Patrick avoid NS by arranging for him to do medical research work as "false rumours" and added that he was "deeply disappointed" by the online talk.

He said then that all three of his sons had served their NS fully - received an NSman's salary and fulfilled all requirements of NS such as IPPT and in-camp training - and he never intervened in their postings.

Well, I think the headlines are wrong. The statement barely refutes anything, it is probably better to just change it to "Tony Tan's sons comment on online allegations on NS record"

Everytime their dirt gets dragged out, this statement is brought out, dusted and put on the shelf for all to see.

"We fulfilled all obligations in accordance with the rules, regulations, and deployment policies of the ministry of...."

Yan eh...that time who was the defence minister ah?

Oh......right......Tony.....

It is plain comment....I don't see any refute......Show proof and not talk...talk is cheap..In years to come, I will write to MINDEF and ask whether my son can be deferred for 12 years and put into a lab as medical research personnel....

You think LTK & gang have no skeleton in their closets? We will know in the days to come.

I know LTK's dirty secret.

He stole some sweets from the neighbourhood grocery store when he was in Primary One. Counted or not?

This letter is an insult to the intelligence of Singaporeans!

I am concerned if this will set the way official explanations are given if they get away with this non-explanation.

Already we are getting non-apologies.

Turbocharged

they can refute point by point arnot?

I may not be voting for TJS but at least he gave a clear point by point response.

If they are able to debunk and demolish (as some old man always like to say), you'd think that by now all the details of TT's sons NS timeline will be on 154th's front page headlines with all the details.

Just like why statistics now concerning jobs and wages are always reported with SG and PRs lumped together...if the "SG only" data is good, they would have trumpeted it to high heaven.

Edited by Sabian
↡ Advertisement