2012 Toyota Camry (Asia version) unveiled!!

Caddilac

Neutral Newbie

The steering wheel sure is ugly. But there's the 3-spoke Sports version to make up for it.

The interior definitely looks a class up from the current model.

That said, we really have to see it in the flesh before our criticism of it be justified.

I hope the 2.5V6 makes it to the Thai made version, as a replacement of the 2.4VVT-i unit.

The 2.0L unit will probably be replaced by a 2.0DVVT-i 158bhp unit.....

The 2.5 is not a V6... coded 2AR-FE...

Darn.

Oh right. The 2.5V6 Mark X produces 215bhp. 178bhp seems a little outdated.

My apologies.

And to add, I hope the rear design doesn't make the Camry look narrow, like the current models. =(

personally, i'm disappointed at the front. looks alike to current one, like no progress. the US model looks better, like HS250h.

but seeing the response of forumers, it's no wonder they design ASEAN model like this. they do know market taste.

Think put black or dark coloured sport rims should look beri fierce. Think Toyota built and design a car is meant to look like just a car which some people are just looking for. No point making their cars so sporty and fierce but cannot run. Some people just don't go for sporty/fierce design unless it is really a sport car.

Dashboard is nicer and smoother than the bulging corners of the US version. Overall design, I still preferred current model as it strike the balance between curvy and angular, especially around the door frames. The replacement model makes it look much angular and also very uncle.

↡ Advertisement