2012 Toyota Camry (Asia version) unveiled!!

Caddilac

But in Malaysia and Thailand, they will still sell like hot cake.

Pro-conti I think is only in singapore

Its the COE making the jap cars so expensive. Then ppl think more than $100K should be buying conti liao but now jap cars also easily more than $100K!

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Potential buyers for the F10 or the W212 will never consider the K7 or Grandeur. It is not just about size but the prestige of owning the German brands. If they just looking at size ..... they will look at the 7 series or S class...

But the fact is that K7 and 5G will never cost the same as F10 and W212... Both K7 and 5G should be cheaper than E90 and W204...

Potential buyers for the F10 or the W212 will never consider the K7 or Grandeur. It is not just about size but the prestige of owning the German brands. If they just looking at size ..... they will look at the 7 series or S class...

Please lorh. I'm not comparing the cars as in brand.

I'm comparing purely on the size.

Who doesn't know a Kia is a Kia and isn't a BMW???

Same for Hyundai, for it isn't a Mercedes-Benz.

=)

But it's a pity that Hyundai and Kia can only have soft-touch plastics in their 'high-end' cars such as the K7 and Grandeur. The Elantra and even i45 don't get much, if any of it.

What a pity.

Then again, the Camry is pretty much hard-plastic affair too. I just can't help but wonder is soft-touch plastic really that much more expensive to fabricate and manufacture???

But the fact is that K7 and 5G will never cost the same as F10 and W212... Both K7 and 5G should be cheaper than E90 and W204...

We're looking more like half price =)

See the K5 2.0SX going for $139,999.

K7 2.4GDi probably will go for $15k more at $154,999 =)

Hyundai i45 2.4 PSR non-guaranteed: S$144,999 - $8k = $136,999.

Grandeur/ Azera 2.4GDi probably will go for $20k more at $156,999?

IMO, it's still an honest pricing, that easily undercuts the Mercedes C180K BE W204 =)

looks kinda boring to me.....Apologies to potential buyers in advance.

I absolutely agree with you.

I actually find the current Camry a more interesting and exciting car to look at than this new model.

That said, if Toyota thinks its customers want something that isn't shouty like the Hyundai i45/ Kia K5, and just an upscale Corolla [which the Camry has been], then it will continue to sell as well as the past 14yrs.

But sources has shown that sales of the K5 and i45 [in USA at least] has picked up so well, that most Japanese rivals have been left trailing and badly beaten up in their run with the competition.

=)

Like they say, looks are subjective. new camry is definitely mature-looking and prob looks good to the older age band? Those comparing it to i45 and k5 r prob looking for a sporty drive but that's really not the target audience of the camry right? I'm sure this car will still sell well when it's here.

I absolutely agree with you.

I actually find the current Camry a more interesting and exciting car to look at than this new model.

That said, if Toyota thinks its customers want something that isn't shouty like the Hyundai i45/ Kia K5, and just an upscale Corolla [which the Camry has been], then it will continue to sell as well as the past 14yrs.

But sources has shown that sales of the K5 and i45 [in USA at least] has picked up so well, that most Japanese rivals have been left trailing and badly beaten up in their run with the competition.

=)

The exterior look of the current camry is nice but definitely not interesting or exciting to me. Esp the interior look boring with big buttons at the audio/ aircon panel. Fake looking wood trimming with beige leather seats. <_<<_<

2.0L is only 4 speed auto and 2.4 is 5 speed auto. [thumbsdown]

Sorry to any camry driver. Jus my personal view.

Please lorh. I'm not comparing the cars as in brand.

I'm comparing purely on the size.

Who doesn't know a Kia is a Kia and isn't a BMW???

Same for Hyundai, for it isn't a Mercedes-Benz.

=)

But it's a pity that Hyundai and Kia can only have soft-touch plastics in their 'high-end' cars such as the K7 and Grandeur. The Elantra and even i45 don't get much, if any of it.

What a pity.

Then again, the Camry is pretty much hard-plastic affair too. I just can't help but wonder is soft-touch plastic really that much more expensive to fabricate and manufacture???

That is precisely my point.... potential buyers for the 5 series and E Class will never consider the Koreans. If they want a "bigger" car, they would likely upgrade to a 7 series or S class.

Koreans will be Koreans and German will be German. But I have to admit the Korea are getting closer to the Jap.

As for the Jap potential buyers, due to the strong yen, a potential Camry buyer may go for a C Class (1.6 Kompressor) as their prices are quite close that is provided that he/she does not need the size of a Camry.

And finally, there will be these "hardcore" Camry fans whom will buy becos it is a Camry .... whether it is big/small, ugly/beautiful etc.

That is precisely my point.... potential buyers for the 5 series and E Class will never consider the Koreans. If they want a "bigger" car, they would likely upgrade to a 7 series or S class.

Koreans will be Koreans and German will be German. But I have to admit the Korea are getting closer to the Jap.

As for the Jap potential buyers, due to the strong yen, a potential Camry buyer may go for a C Class (1.6 Kompressor) as their prices are quite close that is provided that he/she does not need the size of a Camry.

And finally, there will be these "hardcore" Camry fans whom will buy becos it is a Camry .... whether it is big/small, ugly/beautiful etc.

The Camry name has established itself over the years, to be a no-nonsense mode of transport for people who need more space than the Corolla. =)

Well, I guess you're right. There're tonnes of C-Class on the roads. Part of them probably moved on from the Camry.

Then again, there's also plenty of E-Class on the road.

And there's also plenty of S-Class on the road.

=)

The race upwards never ends lah. Should be seeing more RR on the roads soon!

Happy for new Camry car buyer but sad for LS460 drivers! [laugh][laugh]

This Asia version looks more executive! [thumbsup]

Well , its the hard truth... [laugh] [laugh]

Yes , even the current one also.. JDM one not so nice..

The exterior look of the current camry is nice but definitely not interesting or exciting to me. Esp the interior look boring with big buttons at the audio/ aircon panel. Fake looking wood trimming with beige leather seats. <_<<_<

2.0L is only 4 speed auto and 2.4 is 5 speed auto. [thumbsdown]

Sorry to any camry driver. Jus my personal view.

HAHA.. I got to agree with the interior.. Wish there was something called black interior.. for the Camry..

hi bros,

is it just me or is the backside trying very hard to look like the E-class?

the entire outlook is not too bad, although the front looks like there was barely any changes.

however, with the koreans and even the VW - Passat CC in particular wowing us with their form factors, I think Toyota is doing a pretty bad job. Probably its only saving grace is

their engine!

Just my 2 cents