2012 Toyota Camry (Asia version) unveiled!!

Caddilac

hi bros,

is it just me or is the backside trying very hard to look like the E-class?

the entire outlook is not too bad, although the front looks like there was barely any changes.

however, with the koreans and even the VW - Passat CC in particular wowing us with their form factors, I think Toyota is doing a pretty bad job. Probably its only saving grace is

their engine!

Just my 2 cents

Toyota hasn't built itself around image and style. Rather they're largely known for providing reliable point A to point B transport, throughout their range of cars, including in times' past, Lexus.

As usual, many people will still buy into the Camry name, because of firstly, the popular name, and secondly, it's still the sort of car people will want to be seen in: Discreet, non-flashy/ shouty, luxurious, etc.

Something which the much more stylish Hyundai i45 Sonata and Kia K5 Optima doesn't provide. Those 2 korean cars are competiting more with the Junior Executive class such as the Euro Accord, Mark X, even VW CC, with which the i45's sleek roofline suggests..... those sort of design and style.

So what if each Camry actually looks just like an enlarged Corolla? The crux is if that's what people truly wants from a luxury, mass market car, then Toyota is wise to design it according to their preferences =)

↡ Advertisement

The new camry should be 2.5L.

It should also be retaining the 2.0L model, but most likely to have DVVT-i technology with 158bhp =)

A 2.5L only model for Singapore's market will hurt sales. Most Camry sold by BM are 2.0L models.

Edited by Proton_neutron

HAHA.. I got to agree with the interior.. Wish there was something called black interior.. for the Camry..

I will buy camry for the following reasons:

1. Reliability engine and cheaper parts compare to conti cars

2. Spacious interior

3. If new card is about 100K (inclusive of COE)

4. Comes with black interior and if got sunroof then best!

It should also be retaining the 2.0L model, but most likely to have DVVT-i technology with 158bhp =)

A 2.5L only model for Singapore's market will hurt sales. Most Camry sold by BM are 2.0L models.

Yes, there will be 2.0L as well. Wat I meant is instead of 2.4L, it will be 2.5L for the new engine.

2. Spacious interior

Highly unlikely lah. The current COE is at $65k, and the Camry 2.4L is priced at $148k.

To bring the Camry back to $100k means a COE of around $25k plus?? Not in the foreseeable future, and most definitely not when the new XV50 Camry is launched!

And the Camry ain't exactly spacious for me. Perhaps because I'm quite big in size.

Edited by Proton_neutron

Yes, there will be 2.0L as well. Wat I meant is instead of 2.4L, it will be 2.5L for the new engine.

But that's really my guess lah for the 2.0L for it's not mentioned anywhere with regards to the new Camry launch.

But Toyota should now put the new DVVT-i 158bhp engine [up from 147bhp].

It's time!

Toyota hasn't built itself around image and style. Rather they're largely known for providing reliable point A to point B transport, throughout their range of cars, including in times' past, Lexus.

As usual, many people will still buy into the Camry name, because of firstly, the popular name, and secondly, it's still the sort of car people will want to be seen in: Discreet, non-flashy/ shouty, luxurious, etc.

Something which the much more stylish Hyundai i45 Sonata and Kia K5 Optima doesn't provide. Those 2 korean cars are competiting more with the Junior Executive class such as the Euro Accord, Mark X, even VW CC, with which the i45's sleek roofline suggests..... those sort of design and style.

So what if each Camry actually looks just like an enlarged Corolla? The crux is if that's what people truly wants from a luxury, mass market car, then Toyota is wise to design it according to their preferences =)

I do not think the Mark X is the same beast with the K5 or I45. The Camry should be the one just like the rest namely Accord, Cefiro, Mazda 6 etc. Have this feeling this new Camry will be big, as big as the current Thailand made Accord.

Mark X is a very different beast in terms of engine and pricing. People who cannot afford the Lexus IS250, the competing model for BMW 3 series will opt for the waterdown version Mark X. [:/]

Edited by Renegade777

Highly unlikely lah. The current COE is at $65k, and the Camry 2.4L is priced at $148k.

To bring the Camry back to $100k means a COE of around $25k plus?? Not in the foreseeable future, and most definitely not when the new XV50 Camry is launched!

And the Camry ain't exactly spacious for me. Perhaps because I'm quite big in size.

Camry already consider big for sedan car. Wat are you driving now?

Am driving a hatchback now.

Perhaps I'm just not used to the seating position of a sedan [more like squatting to me than seating actually].

I'm driving a Renault Scenic 1.6 now. =)

I like all these mini-MPV's because of the high seats and high driving position. I can easily see out into the traffic!

2. Spacious interior

I wont mind also but it seems in the current context , for part 4 , we have to do by ourself..

And I am dreaming for part 1 and 3..

Part 2 - Now is already quite spacious what..

I find camry looks big outside, inside not say very spacious lo.

Edited by 13177

I wont mind also but it seems in the current context , for part 4 , we have to do by ourself..

And I am dreaming for part 1 and 3..

Part 2 - Now is already quite spacious what..

Yes, I mean I will buy it cos its spacious.

Am driving a hatchback now.

Perhaps I'm just not used to the seating position of a sedan [more like squatting to me than seating actually].

I'm driving a Renault Scenic 1.6 now. =)

I like all these mini-MPV's because of the high seats and high driving position. I can easily see out into the traffic!

The higher seat, better view car I ever drove was Toyota Fortuner. Haha.. Very high!