2012 Toyota Camry (Asia version) unveiled!!

Caddilac

They better bring in this Camry as soon as it comes out of the Thai factory. Nowadays the BM showrom is is like a dead town. the handful SEs either group together to chit chat or read newspaper. The glory days are gone.

The only thing good about BM showroom now is that you park for free and it is a short walk over to VW showroom :wub:

There should be some fanfare when its launch, but I predict it will die out soon, unless there is a big swing in comparison car prices.

↡ Advertisement

There should be some fanfare when its launch, but I predict it will die out soon, unless there is a big swing in comparison car prices.

Should be around $150k for basic model and $165k for hybrid. Then the discounts kick in ...

- new launch promo discount $10K

- loyaly discount $2K

- loan $3K

- insurance $0.5K

So the final price will be cheaper than all the same size/segment conti. But more expensive than the Koreans.

The Camry will still continue to be the top seller? Haha.

err, most probably yes.......

In the states where there is no COE, where price difference between Camry, Accord, Sonata, Legacy is a few hundreds dollars, Camry is the best seller........and its not the cheapest vs Hyundai nor its the most expensive vs the Honda.

So there must be a reason or value no matter what we think. And we are not talking about a small market like in mycarforum.

Just dont know why mazda is selling at sky high price compare to most of other car brand... Maybe just becos the sporty look...

Imagine a mazda 3 selling 15k or more than the rest... how to sell ah ?

They struggle lorh. Haha.

New Camry still has the elegant looks that I guess people in this segment are looking for.

Less of Hyundai's i45 sporty, coupe sleek design, more of family, comfort, upright roof =)

Just dont know why mazda is selling at sky high price compare to most of other car brand... Maybe just becos the sporty look...

Imagine a mazda 3 selling 15k or more than the rest... how to sell ah ?

The next generation mazda 6 very swee n sporty look but doubt will low price..

For their price is really hard for their SE

They struggle lorh. Haha.

New Camry still has the elegant looks that I guess people in this segment are looking for.

Less of Hyundai's i45 sporty, coupe sleek design, more of family, comfort, upright roof =)

The key selling point of Camry are always its size (boot, seating space) and smooth engine. Also Camry tends to be loaded up with a lot of features handed down from Lexus.

The key selling point of Camry are always its size (boot, seating space) and smooth engine. Also Camry tends to be loaded up with a lot of features handed down from Lexus.

Well, yeah.

Lexus is losing it's market share in the US market where they have been dominant for the past 11 years.

Now it's time they make a Toyota feel like a Lexus, which they've sorta done with the previous Camry. This new Camry should change things! There's option for a leather-stitched dashboard top as well -> A first in this price class.

I think nowaday is no longer link with parf only... the resale price is so different... all resale cars price are extremely higher than it paper value.

↡ Advertisement