Pirelli Cinturato P7

Jupiterman

Michelin suppose to be but if PS3 is any form of indication, than i am afraid not. I am also looking for comfort tyre now. my GS internal is so quiet, need a comfort tyre to compliment it :) still researching. the Primacy 3 ST looks like it. The P7 i read is made in China although it has good user feedback, i am not sure if i am ready to try a china made tyre.

if you are driving a GS , can try the P7 cintrato , nice comfort tyre ( I think they have ang Mo and China factory produced)

Primacy 3st is a good choice of latest product.

the original I think is Dunlop SP20xx is short life (average 25K botak)

BUt still subjective for noise level for diff car and driver expectation

↡ Advertisement

Bought the Cinturato P7, size 215/55/R17 94W....for ES300h.

Hope wise choice for comfort tyres without compromising much grip.

Hope wise choice for comfort tyres without compromising much grip.

Good choice

remember to take care of them every half yearly to turn the 4 tires around and re balance all 4 wheels

check air every 2 weeks once

I am quite sure this tires should last you happily at least 2 years / 45,000 km

• Praise 3

Good choice

remember to take care of them every half yearly to turn the 4 tires around and re balance all 4 wheels

check air every 2 weeks once

I am quite sure this tires should last you happily at least 2 years / 45,000 km

Thanks

Update - good grip in both dry and wet roads. (note: HDB multistorey carpark surface still slightly slippery when v wet)

Not as noisy as expected (almost as quiet as dB - tested even with windows down to cancel the soundproofing of the stock car).

Cruising at 110km/hr (NS Highway Gelang Patah area only) - silent, smooth, no vibration, well balanced.

Overall happy!

CONS:

However, the tyre side wall design seems to splutter the tyre polish coat badly - both car body and tyre undercarriage. It literally painted my white car with multiple black spots (Using Meguiars purple high performance).

• Praise 1

Thanks

Update - good grip in both dry and wet roads. (note: HDB multistorey carpark surface still slightly slippery when v wet)

Not as noisy as expected (almost as quiet as dB - tested even with windows down to cancel the soundproofing of the stock car).

Cruising at 110km/hr (NS Highway Gelang Patah area only) - silent, smooth, no vibration, well balanced.

Overall happy!

CONS:

However, the tyre side wall design seems to splutter the tyre polish coat badly - both car body and tyre undercarriage. It literally painted my white car with multiple black spots (Using Meguiars purple high performance).

You need to a) use very little and b) to let your tyre dressing really dry. If not confirm you will get chicken pox. [laugh]
  • Praise 2

(edited)

Hope wise choice for comfort tyres without compromising much grip.

Its comfort and quiet tyre. Don't worry u make a right choice

BUT i have driven both P7 run flat and normal tyre. Run flat tyre is 2 world difference. Currently on 245/50/18 P7 runflat noisy as hell. But my prev ride on P7 normal tyre 225/50/17 very quiet. Next tyre will change to non runflat

Edited by Thaiyotakamli
  • Praise 1

My P7 rft is not that noisy but rather hard like stone. Typical of rft.

Make no mistake, non rft for my next change.

Yeah its hard as well. For noise it happens if road surface abit rough. Those smooth smooth one good no road noise

But my prev car on same p7 non runflat, even on rough surface less noise. By the way its same route everyday i use haha

Yeah its hard as well. For noise it happens if road surface abit rough. Those smooth smooth one good no road noise

But my prev car on same p7 non runflat, even on rough surface less noise. By the way its same route everyday i use haha

very soon my next change would be a Primacy ST....hooooooooo

• Praise 1

(edited)

I got my Michelin primacy 3 ST for my ES250. Been enjoying it since I change it 3 weeks ago. Compare to the OEM Yokohama given by Lexus the Michelin is more quiet, more grip and more cushion ride feel

Edited by D3badge

Thanks

Overall happy!

CONS:

Does it serve any purpose to use the Tyre polish? Previously i use these kind of products extensively. No doubt it looks nice. But after a while spending money on these, i've been thinking what purpose does it serve other than being nice looking & shiny?

It's not like car paint jobs which we need to take care as it's suppose to last a thru out the car life. But Tyres are what i consider consumables. Does it warrant so much care when we know it's going to be replaced after 2yrs?

I've not been using it after i replaced my tyre with Pirelli Cinturato P7. And i'm been thinking should i continue with these regime. 

• Praise 2

Its comfort and quiet tyre. Don't worry u make a right choice

BUT i have driven both P7 run flat and normal tyre. Run flat tyre is 2 world difference. Currently on 245/50/18 P7 runflat noisy as hell. But my prev ride on P7 normal tyre 225/50/17 very quiet. Next tyre will change to non runflat

No offence for sharing my little knowledge about tires

base on the 2 tire sizes you probably on diff car ?

we must first understand Why runflat tire developed ?

1st for the Safety which some wants his car to be safe in the event of sudden lost of Air(puncture) which may cause  lost of control especially at very high speed or negotiating cornering.

2nd is convenient for the Driver(or breakdown service) need not have to carry out the work along roadside / highway which is quiet dangerous .

runflat tires is little noisy and harder ride that is Why is best only be used on Car that is equipped with it originally. 

I am not sure why some owner said runflat tire noisy like hell ? it could due to lack of tire maintenance which is strongly recommended by all tire manufacturers 

Everything has a reasons and price

just my POV

thanks

• Praise 1

Does it serve any purpose to use the Tyre polish? Previously i use these kind of products extensively. No doubt it looks nice. But after a while spending money on these, i've been thinking what purpose does it serve other than being nice looking & shiny?

It's not like car paint jobs which we need to take care as it's suppose to last a thru out the car life. But Tyres are what i consider consumables. Does it warrant so much care when we know it's going to be replaced after 2yrs?

I've not been using it after i replaced my tyre with Pirelli Cinturato P7. And i'm been thinking should i continue with these regime. 

In one word, preference. 

Some don't like their tyres looking faded;  some like glossy tyre dressing, some like matt.  Some don't like.

• Praise 1

I've not been using it after i replaced my tyre with Pirelli Cinturato P7. And i'm been thinking should i continue with these regime.

Yah just to make it nice. So no need spend much on tyre polish, buy magic 101 for $10 will do can last 6-8months easily.

No offence for sharing my little knowledge about tires

base on the 2 tire sizes you probably on diff car ?

we must first understand Why runflat tire developed ?

1st for the Safety which some wants his car to be safe in the event of sudden lost of Air(puncture) which may cause lost of control especially at very high speed or negotiating cornering.

2nd is convenient for the Driver(or breakdown service) need not have to carry out the work along roadside / highway which is quiet dangerous .

runflat tires is little noisy and harder ride that is Why is best only be used on Car that is equipped with it originally.

I am not sure why some owner said runflat tire noisy like hell ? it could due to lack of tire maintenance which is strongly recommended by all tire manufacturers

Everything has a reasons and price

just my POV

thanks

Run flat tyre due to hard sidewall which results in noisy ride. First 1-2 years its still relatively quiet but after that rubber harden and become noisy. However previously have used goodyear RFT, forgot the model but ride more quiet than P7
  • Praise 1

Anybody has tried all the below and has some input? Cinturato P7, Michelin Primacy ST and Michelin XM2. My required tyre profile has very little choices, with these 3 amongst my choices.

Any input is appreciated. Thanks!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1