Amsoil VS Redline

Aaronlkl

YOu have to try both and find out for yourself. I prefer the AMO because it gives better protection. However, its a little on the thick side.

I am using amsoil 5w30. When the mechanic pour in the oil he told me the oil appear thicker than other 5w30. I agreed.

anybody else got the same experience? Did not notice any fuel improvement.

for 10k km OCI, go for Amsoil.

for 5k km interval, go for redline.

Tried both before.

During the first 5k km, Redline gives a much smoother feeling but after that i felt the oil became too thick; still smooth but no power.

for 10k km OCI, go for Amsoil.

for 5k km interval, go for redline.

Tried both before.

During the first 5k km, Redline gives a much smoother feeling but after that i felt the oil became too thick; still smooth but no power.

bro u using 5w30 or 5w40?

i feel amsoil 5w40 abit thick but give engine more protection.

I am using amsoil 5w30. When the mechanic pour in the oil he told me the oil appear thicker than other 5w30. I agreed.

anybody else got the same experience? Did not notice any fuel improvement.

Yes, Amsoil is know to be on the thicker side compared to other brands.

Hmmm.... I felt the opposite.

I only used the Amsoil 10W-40 and that was some 7 years ago. Engine ran rather rough & loud from 6K kms onwards.

Drained at 10K kms and saw that the oil was rather watery.

Have not tried other Amsoil grades..... as I felt it is not worth the premium since it is not better than other brands. but just more expensive (Went on to use Cxxlxxbe 5W-40 at $29.90 back then, but with viscosity modifiers to keep it thick)

Redline is not bad... am using the gear oils for front & back differentials (red bottle for front & blue for back). 40K kms and they came out with some viscosity compared to other brand's 70W-90. Engine oil 15W-50 also not bad.

I only used the Amsoil 10W-40 and that was some 7 years ago. Engine ran rather rough & loud from 6K kms onwards.

Have not tried other Amsoil grades..... as I felt it is not worth the premium since it is not better than other brands. but just more expensive (Went on to use Cxxlxxbe 5W-40 at $29.90 back then, but with viscosity modifiers to keep it thick)

Redline is not bad... am using the gear oils for front & back differentials (red bottle for front & blue for back). 40K kms and they came out with some viscosity compared to other brand's 70W-90. Engine oil 15W-50 also not bad.

If thats the case, you may be having some engine problems. Could be due to fuel dilution.

My last oil change to amsoil 5w30 is at 38600.. now 49400 engine still rnning ok.. too lazy change oil maybe when end next month at abt 53000 then change. Do not ha e any change in fc until now

My last oil change to amsoil 5w30 is at 38600.. now 49400 engine still rnning ok.. too lazy change oil maybe when end next month at abt 53000 then change. Do not ha e any change in fc until now

u wanto to convert yr engine to volks engine? LOL

yr 5w30 seems not bad.

10w40 for both. :)

Tried RL 15W50. My oil temp went skyrocket on NSH. About 120 degree celcius at cruising speed between 160 to 190 km/hr.

With 40wt, the temp is only about 100 to 105 at the same cruising speed.

Edited by C-K

10w40 for both. :)

Tried RL 15W50. My oil temp went skyrocket on NSH. About 120 degree celcius at cruising speed between 160 to 190 km/hr.

With 40wt, the temp is only about 100 to 105 at the same cruising speed.

oic. tks alot.

u wanto to convert yr engine to volks engine? LOL

yr 5w30 seems not bad.

What's volks engine?

Anyway i think i will wack this oil until maybe 15k km and pay $30 do oil analysis... if ok then next time 20k km then change oil

Pls note that Amsoil offers two 10w40 oil.

Amsoil XLO 10w40: http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/xlo.aspx

Amsoil AMO 10w40: http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/amo.aspx

I'm pretty sure u must hv bought the XLO instead. I've used AMO before and find the oil a bit on thick side. Haven't tried Redline 10w40 b4 thats why i started a thread here to find out which is better.

↡ Advertisement