Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
25 replies to this topic | 25 praises

Posted 02 September 2011 - 01:52 PM

Ahtong
  • Ahtong
    Supercharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hard to believe that time flies so fast.

The one good news is they finally nailed Osama.

But who "won" and who "lost" is still hard to say.

Posted 02 September 2011 - 01:53 PM

Beehive3783
  • Premium member
    Beehive3783
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Alamak.. I thought you were talking about the Porsche.... sleep.gif
Cheers
Ben

Posted 02 September 2011 - 01:56 PM

Celicar
  • Celicar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Brings back a lot of memories for me, not all good. mellow.gif

Posted 02 September 2011 - 01:58 PM

Maroon5
  • Maroon5
    Supercharged
    Author Image

i was in my first job. it was a US co. and then 911, they headcount freeze n had to cut costs and i was asked to go bigcry.gif
Paul Scholes. He scores goals.

Posted 02 September 2011 - 02:02 PM

Darryn
  • Premium member
    Darryn
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Me too - but I was like..

What has this guy been smoking? The 911 is more than 40 years old...
Behold the tortoise! He only makes progress when he sticks his neck out.
All that's required for evil to triumph is that good men do nothing

Posted 02 September 2011 - 03:12 PM

Mockngbrd
  • Mockngbrd
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

i was in army (posted camp), but i was at home. watched it unfold on tv. Next day book in see all the SOC come out.
Garage36.com

Posted 02 September 2011 - 03:21 PM

Jamstart
  • Jamstart
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Thought just happend 2 years ago, damn. Me old liao. wacko.gif
Life is short, Play hard!!
Practise makes perfect. If nobody is perfect, why practise?

Posted 02 September 2011 - 04:04 PM

Rollagt
  • Premium member
    Rollagt
    6th Gear
    Author Image

After it happen, I was merely 2 mths away from ORD..Division called to inform me to get my medical store ready for activation.

I prep all ready then heng the situation din escalate further.

Posted 02 September 2011 - 09:16 PM

Cheepo
  • Cheepo
    5th Gear
    Author Image

I , for one, do not know that for sure. laugh.gif

Posted 02 September 2011 - 09:32 PM

Relagsingh
  • Premium member
    Relagsingh
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

yah man nnb laugh.gif

its already more than 40 yrs old...
.:.:.:.:.::: Shoot the driver... Not the car :::.:.:.:.:.

Posted 02 September 2011 - 09:46 PM

Porker
  • Porker
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

yah man nnb laugh.gif

its already more than 40 yrs old...

Ai pick up soap mai Ah Ter biggrin.gif

Posted 02 September 2011 - 11:53 PM

Bystander50
  • Bystander50
    6th Gear
    Author Image

After it happen, I was merely 2 mths away from ORD..Division called to inform me to get my medical store ready for activation.

I prep all ready then heng the situation din escalate further.

Same here, my unit still have to deploy backup guards just in case the guard room got attacked and wiped out.
Cars can no longer park near the building, all parked at parade square for fear of bombs being planted. First time the RSM allowed civilian cars into parade square. Gates all closed. Damm jam as cars are 100% checked for going into mindef.

Those were the days.

And all thanks to those JI people, camera phones are banned.

Posted 02 September 2011 - 11:58 PM

Bystander50
  • Bystander50
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Hard to believe that time flies so fast.

But who "won" and who "lost" is still hard to say.

There is no clear winner. The US is attacking a terrorist group and not a nation where like in Iraq they just walk in, get Saddam and put in a new government.

The terrorist cells are still around, Osama down, next comes up. There's no ending to their succession.
If the objective is to nab Osama, then the US won. But if it's to wipe out all the terrorist cells down to 0 man, then it's still a long way more to go. They may not even be able to achieve it.

Posted 03 September 2011 - 01:38 AM

I-LOVE-CARS
  • I-LOVE-CARS
    6th Gear
    Author Image

There is no clear winner. The US is attacking a terrorist group and not a nation where like in Iraq they just walk in, get Saddam and put in a new government.

The terrorist cells are still around, Osama down, next comes up. There's no ending to their succession.
If the objective is to nab Osama, then the US won. But if it's to wipe out all the terrorist cells down to 0 man, then it's still a long way more to go. They may not even be able to achieve it.

I felt that US is going in the wrong direction, by killing Osama, they are only like waking up a sleeping tiger and making the terrorist group more fed up with the US..

Posted 03 September 2011 - 01:48 AM

Bavarian
Its all about real estate.
I think, therefore I am.
I think so, therefore I erm...

Posted 03 September 2011 - 02:17 AM

Vid
  • Premium member
    Vid
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Still remember the incident and the very next day need to take long dist plane to UK. Damn scared then. unsure.gif How time flies...

Posted 03 September 2011 - 10:26 AM

Ahtong
  • Ahtong
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Same here, my unit still have to deploy backup guards just in case the guard room got attacked and wiped out.
Cars can no longer park near the building, all parked at parade square for fear of bombs being planted. First time the RSM allowed civilian cars into parade square. Gates all closed. Damm jam as cars are 100% checked for going into mindef.

Those were the days.

And all thanks to those JI people, camera phones are banned.

HP are banned so no one can take pics of NSF and especially NSmen doing "tactical" stuff laugh.gif

Posted 03 September 2011 - 11:11 AM

Focus111
  • Premium member
    Focus111
    Clutched
    Author Image

I was at a hotel in Bangkok & every channel kept showing the footage. Thought it was a movie as it was broadcast in Jap & Thai. Only knew the event the following day thru Yahoo News.

Posted 03 September 2011 - 11:19 AM

Vhtfhwlego
  • Premium member
    Vhtfhwlego
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

During then, i was in camp talking to Ex-GF...
She was crying her heart out and while I was looking at the TV...

24th Aug 2006, we lost a planet!

Posted 03 September 2011 - 12:08 PM

Tom_kkh
  • Tom_kkh
    6th Gear
    Author Image

i was driving back to office on CTE entering the orchard tunnel when i heard it on 93.8FM.

immediately up the volume as i thought i heard wrong

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users