Volkswagen Sharan..

VellfireS

Bro so we pm you our numbers okay?

Hi bro, pm me!

Saw one new black SLL at my place carpark this morning. The 1st Sharan at my place.

↡ Advertisement

Think it was bro Wheel360

Yup it was me having scratches on the infotainment system and solar film bubbles on driver side window. Finally VW got the new HU and asked me to go down to get both the issues resolved on 18 Apr. Appointment was booked at 8.20am. Was on time for the appointment at VW Alexandra at 8.20am and was told its a half a day job for both item. In the end they told me its 3.30-5pm. As I needed the car around 4pm I requested them to hurry with the installation and finally they say 3.30pm will be done. At the time of collection, it was raining heavily so I just took for granted that all is done and well. Another part of the reason is  the carpark is full and other cars is waiting for me to vacant the lots. When driving off, realized the phone cannot connect to the HU automatically.. in my mind I was thinking as it was a new unit, need to pair again.

I was so wrong. After having the time to try pairing later the day, realized phone cannot detect the HU. So call SE and they are all thinking I do not know how to pair the HU with phone. After explaining that I went thru the user manual 3 times and done the steps but still not successful SE then call me and ask me to do the steps with them via phone. Failed .. they are surprise and ask me to take a picture of the msg from the HU. Suddenly they realized they gave me a NEW units but forgot to gave me the access to ALL the function that Sharan car suppose to get. How to know it. Press the App connect and the screen show a message " Please request your dealer for the code to activate the function".

Then SA & SE start to apologies for the mistake for wasting my time and taxi fare for the day. Today I went down again and they fix it.This time round, I sit in the car and check through all the function of the HU.

Personally I am not happy with the service. I feel the quality check is not in place. Certain request spoken to SA which SA say ok, at the point where I collect the car, the counter is not awared, therefore not done.

Please take note VW will request owner to sign a declaration if any modification is done to the car before servicing your car. And please check through your car before leaving.

Sorry for such a long winded msg..

BTW, how do you bros feel about the braking or Brakes of Sharan ? Confident even in event of E-brake?

Edited by wheel360

Thanks bro for the response.

For the door still, i'm interested (can't read Chinese to save my life so haven't looked at taobao

i bought some transparent seat cover to protect the back of the front seats from Autobacs but it renders the tray unusable which i don't use anwyay. Will share pics later for anyone who's interested.

Btw,somehow your corn silk biege interior looks lighter than mine

photo of the transparent seat cover i got from Autobacs

post-184441-0-06770700-1492658960_thumb.jpg

Do add me in the WhatsApp group too.... Can really see a lot more Sharan on the road even since the F/L model came out....

Just a question.... Can the interior cabin lights be changed to LED instead?

i change my T10 halogen bulbs to LEDs already so the reading/cabin lights should be compatible with LEDs.

Do you foresee any problem with changing to LEDs or any specific query?

i change my T10 halogen bulbs to LEDs already so the reading/cabin lights should be compatible with LEDs.

Do you foresee any problem with changing to LEDs or any specific query?

Any place I can do the change of bulbs to LED? The current lights are quite warm when on for some time...

Any place I can do the change of bulbs to LED? The current lights are quite warm when on for some time...

Do the bros who have done it, change the bulbs themselves or by the shop? Is it as simple and screwing and unscrewing a light bulb?

Do add me in the WhatsApp group too.... Can really see a lot more Sharan on the road even since the F/L model came out....

Just a question.... Can the interior cabin lights be changed to LED instead?

PM your number to @yokechye

Edited by synthez

Do the bros who have done it, change the bulbs themselves or by the shop? Is it as simple and screwing and unscrewing a light bulb?

PM your number to @yokechye

I found a shifu in youtube...and just follow his vids.

https://youtu.be/n_QM9ZdGD4c

easy peasy!!! using a credit card in place of the plastic panel removal tool.

But i would adviced to purchase the bulbs and removal tool first.

I took loads of pics but no time to tidy and edit with words or paint yet.

Btw how do you multi-quote?

easy peasy!!! using a credit card in place of the plastic panel removal tool.

I took loads of pics but no time to tidy and edit with words or paint yet.

Thanks bro... great video... will start the diy project once I do my pps.... could I check the exact type of LED to buy?? Or is it standard one?? Paiseh ah I'm a noob at car diy
  • Praise 1

https://youtu.be/n_QM9ZdGD4c

easy peasy!!! using a credit card in place of the plastic panel removal tool.

I took loads of pics but no time to tidy and edit with words or paint yet.

You quote the next guy after replying one and it automatically multi-quotes as long as you do it within a short time frame.

Thanks bro... great video... will start the diy project once I do my pps.... could I check the exact type of LED to buy?? Or is it standard one?? Paiseh ah I'm a noob at car diy

The bulbs i knew so far are:

reading lamps, first row: T10*2

reading lamps, 2nd row: festoon 38mm*2

reading lamps, 3rd row:​ festoon 38mm*2

Rear luggage trunk: festoon 42mm*2

Doors, first row: T10*2

Footwell lights: T10*4 (have room for longer bulbs)

Try to get those Cob Leds coz its the most updated design, then the smd leds. i normally shopped from ebay.

You quote the next guy after replying one and it automatically multi-quotes as long as you do it within a short time frame.

test test. with thanks.

post-187736-0-79263900-1492938599_thumb.jpg

• Praise 1

Got this from the BMW 216 GT forum.

Would be really interesting to code the Sharan. One of the little niggling thing that irked me is a Q3 for a premium marque, every time one parks, have to manually fold in the mirror by turning the knob. Should be auto, no?

Need coding but no need 3rd party (too costly to engage 3rd party), we can do it ourselves and have fun doing it. Just purchase the OBD connector and hook up to your laptop and download the BMW coding program from Website. Actually we have a Singapore BMW 2 series coding Watsapp group created by Master Chee Ming, I learnt a lot through him : D. He has a blog that teaches how and where to install program and code from scratch. I have done the followings:

1) Disable default ASS (Auto Start Stop) when engine starts  --this is the best change to do

2) Air con in "M" whenever engine start (car remember last setting)

3) Air con setting change to ROW climate (basically for countries like Singapore)

4) Enable Digital Speed indicator

5) Door light On when reversing car

6) Disable welcome 3 gong sound (irritating to me...)

7) No need to hold lock door button for 3s to fold mirror after park car. Mirror fold instantly.

8) 5 times signaling instead of current 3x, some of our cars can do this while some cannot depend on batches of production. Mine wasn't able to do as the BDC does not have the selection..

• Praise 2

Yup it was me having scratches on the infotainment system and solar film bubbles on driver side window. Finally VW got the new HU and asked me to go down to get both the issues resolved on 18 Apr. Appointment was booked at 8.20am. Was on time for the appointment at VW Alexandra at 8.20am and was told its a half a day job for both item. In the end they told me its 3.30-5pm. As I needed the car around 4pm I requested them to hurry with the installation and finally they say 3.30pm will be done. At the time of collection, it was raining heavily so I just took for granted that all is done and well. Another part of the reason is  the carpark is full and other cars is waiting for me to vacant the lots. When driving off, realized the phone cannot connect to the HU automatically.. in my mind I was thinking as it was a new unit, need to pair again.

I was so wrong. After having the time to try pairing later the day, realized phone cannot detect the HU. So call SE and they are all thinking I do not know how to pair the HU with phone. After explaining that I went thru the user manual 3 times and done the steps but still not successful SE then call me and ask me to do the steps with them via phone. Failed .. they are surprise and ask me to take a picture of the msg from the HU. Suddenly they realized they gave me a NEW units but forgot to gave me the access to ALL the function that Sharan car suppose to get. How to know it. Press the App connect and the screen show a message " Please request your dealer for the code to activate the function".

Then SA & SE start to apologies for the mistake for wasting my time and taxi fare for the day. Today I went down again and they fix it.This time round, I sit in the car and check through all the function of the HU.

Personally I am not happy with the service. I feel the quality check is not in place. Certain request spoken to SA which SA say ok, at the point where I collect the car, the counter is not awared, therefore not done.

Please take note VW will request owner to sign a declaration if any modification is done to the car before servicing your car. And please check through your car before leaving.

Sorry for such a long winded msg..

BTW, how do you bros feel about the braking or Brakes of Sharan ? Confident even in event of E-brake?

Thanks for sharing your story. Yes our time is precious. It's good that they were apologetic.

Do you feel your brakes are soft? I thought it was quite solid during my test drive.

Driven several SUV's in my driving history so far. They tend to be heavier than sedans. Fully loaded with passengers and luggage, gotta give more leeway esp on highway driving to bring all that mass to a stop. 

The bulbs i knew so far are:

reading lamps, first row: T10*2

reading lamps, 2nd row: festoon 38mm*2

reading lamps, 3rd row:​ festoon 38mm*2

Rear luggage trunk: festoon 42mm*2

Doors, first row: T10*2

Footwell lights: T10*4 (have room for longer bulbs)

Try to get those Cob Leds coz its the most updated design, then the smd leds. i normally shopped from ebay.

test test. with thanks.

Correction to my own post.

Festoon 38mm should be 36mm instead.

38mm still can installed, just abit tight.

anyone installed LEDs for the turn signals?

i changed the rear turn signals to LEDs (as i only have 2 on hand), non canbus and they works without error light on the meter. Not sure if i replace the front ones to non-canbus LEDs will the error fault appears. Or should i just go for canbus LEDs...

• Praise 1

Correction to my own post.

Festoon 38mm should be 36mm instead.

38mm still can installed, just abit tight.

anyone installed LEDs for the turn signals?

i changed the rear turn signals to LEDs (as i only have 2 on hand), non canbus and they works without error light on the meter. Not sure if i replace the front ones to non-canbus LEDs will the error fault appears. Or should i just go for canbus LEDs...

Must come see your ride one day to see what's the difference. And learn how you change it. Haha! 

I know this isn't the right thread but I'm all excited waiting for delivery so I can go make my Sharan chio like this.

post-185316-0-46698500-1494034814_thumb.jpg

Happy mid-week break bros!

PM @yokechye or myself if you would like to join our Touran/Sharan whatsapp gp

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

wonder if vcs could tune the pre fl sharan to the fl sharan spec....

if can then no need to go for 3rd party tune

Yes, 245/40 R19 8.5width ET40 on Dunlop SP SportMaxx GT.

attachicon.gifIMG_1726.jpg

Bro, did a check on tyre calculator website : http://www.kouki.co.uk/utilities/visual-tyre-size-calculator

245/40 R19 size with have 3.3% different on speedometer, ie when speedo is reading 30km/h actual is 31km/h

Advise by shop is 245/35 R19 for a different of 0.4%. and this size is widely available and price is lower compare to 40.

Do you face this problem when changing tyres ?

Just another question. For ET40, does it flush with the wheel arch ?

Thanks.

↡ Advertisement