Volkswagen Sharan..

VellfireS

Congrats to bros who have gotten their COE this month for Sharan.

I must say after 3000km, the car impressed me most is the fuel efficiency - manage to hit 10-11 km/l quite easily. Now I pump 95 to save some money but even so the power is more than enough to give me the kick when the mood come for some speed.

As I am driving into Malaysia in June, does anyone has any suggestion who to call for any incident along NSH especially for Volkswagen car? Or just call AA will do? Thanks

↡ Advertisement

Congrats to bros who have gotten their COE this month for Sharan.

I must say after 3000km, the car impressed me most is the fuel efficiency - manage to hit 10-11 km/l quite easily. Now I pump 95 to save some money but even so the power is more than enough to give me the kick when the mood come for some speed.

As I am driving into Malaysia in June, does anyone has any suggestion who to call for any incident along NSH especially for Volkswagen car? Or just call AA will do? Thanks

Bro, very good FC. How much city/highway if I may ask? Mine is quite miserable about 6km/l 100% city.

Was at VW last week and the SA said to stick with 98 although recommended is 95 as it's better for the long term. Not sure what he said is true.

(edited)

Bro, very good FC. How much city/highway if I may ask? Mine is quite miserable about 6km/l 100% city.

Was at VW last week and the SA said to stick with 98 although recommended is 95 as it's better for the long term. Not sure what he said is true.

Bro Kaai

My journey is usually 30/70 city/highway. If city 100%, think will fall to 8km/l. Find the coasting function likely to be the one that helps to save fuel. I always switch off auto engine cut off.

Thanks for info on using 98, I think the saving is significant to switch to 95 and I am usually light footer so hopefully no effect on the life of engine in the long term.

Do you have problem with switching off rear aircon using the front panel? i don't seem to be able to turn it off from the front i.e. Have to manually switch if off from the rear knob.

Edited by Lemonteh

Bro Kaai

My journey is usually 30/70 city/highway. If city 100%, think will fall to 8km/l. Find the coasting function likely to be the one that helps to save fuel. I always switch off auto engine cut off.

Thanks for info on using 98, I think the saving is significant to switch to 95 and I am usually light footer so hopefully no effect on the life of engine in the long term.

Do you have problem with switching off rear aircon using the front panel? i don't seem to be able to turn it off from the front i.e. Have to manually switch if off from the rear knob.

Did you press the button which indicates rear and then turn the knob until it's off?

I felt that the claim of 98 is all marketing gimmick. In the US, there's almost no performance difference between the 95&98 equivalent during their technical test

Did you press the button which indicates rear and then turn the knob until it's off?

Ha ha thanks, miss the rear button as only saw Auto function at the top part of knob. It works now. This car has too many functions over my Estima.

I felt that the claim of 98 is all marketing gimmick. In the US, there's almost no performance difference between the 95&98 equivalent during their technical test

Some bros may disagree based on butt i mean gut feel

Thanks Bro Carbon82. A bit cumbersome but will give it a try next time i have to park next to a kerb.

Imho, wing mirror should auto fold upon locking the door like my previous ride. Not sure why VW did not program it that way. Mayb to prevent faster wear and tear?

• Praise 1

Bro Carbon82,

You are the champion in saving fuel. Thanks for the tips on opening and closing windows with the remote. Good for hot days to open all windows before entry.

• Praise 2

Hypersonic

Set the wing mirror adjustment knob to "L" position, BEFORE you engage the reverse gear, and once you are in reverse gear, the left mirror will lower automatically. You can adjust the level / position of the mirror, when in the lowering mode, and it will be in that position you set the next time you use it. Very useful feature. BTW, I normal leave the knob at "L" position for that purpose.

Another thing I guess not many owners knew is that we can use the remote to open or close the windows, sunroof (and the blind). Press and hold the lock button (even when the engine is switched off) and all windows and sunroof will closed (the same goes for the roof blind). Press and hold the unlock button when you want to wind down the window and tilt the roof. This feature is very good as during a hot day, you can wind down the windows (from far) to let the hot air out, before you reach the car.

Too bad that unlike Skoda, the remote CANNOT be used to fold the wing mirror... [:|]

I am getting an average of 12.7Km/L (actual figure instead of from the onboard meter) so far, for the past 4 months / 18K+ Km, with ~60% highway travelling, but also once a week jam on the causeway.

I uses both the auto start/stop (sans during jam on causeway as I felt that constant start/stop might harm the engine), and coasting function, and I think it does help in the FC (especially the latter).

Once during a very cool morning, drove with the sunroof fully opened and achieved this record trip FC. What can I complain about? [;)]

xllbgn.jpg

o7oq68.jpg

BTW, remembered someone mentioning a "fault", whereby we need to start the engine manually after the auto start/stop kicked in, confirmed that is a Safety Feature!! Yes, I am not kidding you. What happen is that when the car sensed that the driver seat belt was taken off during the time engine was turned off (by the auto start/stop function), the engine CANNOT be started with a tap on the gas pedal. The reasons given by the SA that serviced me is that in event some driver get off the car to do whatever thing (say open the gate, take item from the boot), the car will not move when the gas pedal was pressed "accidentally". Think of it this way, someone will not be able to drive off your car (or cause it to move, say by your kid / pet) in this situation, which may also save lives in the extreme situation... [nod]

wow... 4 months 18k km

i think by the end of your car's first year, mileage surpassed mine liao

you really fully utilise your sharan

Thanks Bro Carbon82. A bit cumbersome but will give it a try next time i have to park next to a kerb.

Imho, wing mirror should auto fold upon locking the door like my previous ride. Not sure why VW did not program it that way. Mayb to prevent faster wear and tear?

My Touran wing mirrors autofold during locking leh. Sharan doesn't?

I spent quite awhile to set my tilt down mirror during reverse after reading the manual countless times too. Haa

• Praise 2

My Touran wing mirrors autofold during locking leh. Sharan doesn't?

I spent quite awhile to set my tilt down mirror during reverse after reading the manual countless times too. Haa

Unfortunately no, have to manually turn the knob. Probably your touran is the new version/platform whereas the sharan is just a FL so doesn't have the latest features.
  • Praise 1

Unfortunately no, have to manually turn the knob. Probably your touran is the new version/platform whereas the sharan is just a FL so doesn't have the latest features.

I wonder if it's something we can reprogram ...?

• Praise 1

I wonder if it's something we can reprogram ...?

May be possible but couldn't google anything conclusive

Neutral Newbie

@Carbon82 Bro, how do you achieve the 17.7km/l on highway? Coasting or use Cruise Control? If Cruise Control is on, Coasting won't work

↡ Advertisement