(edited)

wow... 4 months 18k km

i think by the end of your car's first year, mileage surpassed mine liao

you really fully utilise your sharan

Edited by Carbon82
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 15

Hypersonic

if auto fold wing mirrors upon locking door is essential to you... i have seen an youtube advertisement from a 3rd party vendor that showed they were able to do it for the vw golf. just reprogramming only.

you may want to check if it works for the sharan too.

i am ok with manual folding so not interested in it

• Praise 1

My 3 year old Sharan is able to have the wing mirrors folder upon locking. Cannot remember if there is a setting but it has been like that since day 1 : ). I find this feature important as many a times previously, I will come back to a knocked wing mirror that is out of position.

• Praise 2

if auto fold wing mirrors upon locking door is essential to you... i have seen an youtube advertisement from a 3rd party vendor that showed they were able to do it for the vw golf. just reprogramming only.

you may want to check if it works for the sharan too.

i am ok with manual folding so not interested in it

Yes this is the same with the BMW 216GT. Once I've collected my car, will see if I can link up with that person who is an expert reprogrammer. Maybe can group buy reprogramming? Haha!

(edited)

Looks like between bro carbon82 and me, our mileage is seemingly at the extreme ends of the real world FC spectrum for the FL Sharan. He, the ultra fuel saver (or misery), daily long distance traveler getting 17km/l whereas I am the wasteful fuel guzzler, frequent short trips (10-12km 4-5 times daily) getting only 6-7km/l. YMMV, but anything in-between chow chow on average should get 10-12km/l assuming 40-60% split between highway and city (either way) and 2-3 daily trips of maybe 20km on average.

Just my hypothesis and don't flame me if you disagree. Hope it's useful information to anyone considering the FL Sharan as the stated FC is not very accurate based on Singapore driving conditions.

p.s. hope i didnt get a lemon

Edited by Kaai

(edited)

Just passed 10,000km earlier this month, around the 5 month mark.

With my "typical" 20-30km, twice a day peak hour driving, and the occasional enthusiastic cross island journeys on the weekends... I am getting around 8.5km/L... Which is remarkably similar to my old Passat. And I actually drive faster and harder with the Sharan.

Edited by Presea

Just passed 10,000km earlier this month, around the 5 month mark.

With my "typical" 20-30km, twice a day peak hour driving, and the occasional enthusiastic cross island journeys on the weekends... I am getting around 8.5km/L... Which is remarkably similar to my old Passat. And I actually drive faster and harder with the Sharan.

Bro, you're probably the other extreme, i.e. the fast and furious type haha

Noob question - do all DSG cars produce a fart/burp sound or only cars with GTI engines? Anyone knows?

Neutral Newbie

Hello guys, I just collected my Sharan!

Will like to know how to join the whatsapp group and any recommendations for PPS coating? 

Thanks in advance.

Hypersonic
(edited)

Noob question - do all DSG cars produce a fart/burp sound or only cars with GTI engines? Anyone knows?

only turbo cars

i think you r referring to the ssssss sound

stock car not very discernible

could hear the wastegate clearer when i was on a piggyback

Edited by Enye

Turbocharged
(edited)

only turbo cars

i think you r referring to the ssssss sound

stock car not very discernible

could hear the wastegate clearer when i was on a piggyback

He is referring to the DSG fart ; both turbo and non turbo will have.

Here is a DSG fart from a 3.6L non turbo . Fast forward to the 40 sec mark.

Edited by F355

Will like to know how to join the whatsapp group and any recommendations for PPS coating?

Thanks in advance.

Congrats! Welcome to the club of those who need a MPV but still has a racing boy heart within. What color is your ride?

For PPS, I used Blacknano....not associated with them, but there are a lot of discussion on PPS so boils down to budget and whose claim you believe more.

Enjoy your ride...zoom zoom

Thanks in advance.

Congrats! I did ceramic coating from CSII. Not too bad but mine ride's color is reflex silver so the shine is not that obvious.

Thanks in advance.

Congrats! I did ceramic coating from CSII. Not too bad but my ride's color is reflex silver so the shine is not that obvious.

Neutral Newbie

Congrats! Welcome to the club of those who need a MPV but still has a racing boy heart within. What color is your ride?

For PPS, I used Blacknano....not associated with them, but there are a lot of discussion on PPS so boils down to budget and whose claim you believe more.

Enjoy your ride...zoom zoom

Its a silver sharan. 

Congrats! I did ceramic coating from CSII. Not too bad but mine ride's color is reflex silver so the shine is not that obvious.

Congrats! I did ceramic coating from CSII. Not too bad but my ride's color is reflex silver so the shine is not that obvious.

Mine is also a silver. I do share the same thoughts as you.

He is referring to the DSG fart ; both turbo and non turbo will have.

Here is a DSG fart from a 3.6L non turbo . Fast forward to the 40 sec mark.

Don't think Sharan has the fart (or at least i can't hear it) which is a pity coz the sound is quite addictive hehe

Thanks in advance.

Congrats! PM your number and I'll add you.

Turbocharged

Don't think Sharan has the fart (or at least i can't hear it) which is a pity coz the sound is quite addictive hehe

Well , the Sharan shares the same engine and turbocharger with the GTi , maybe if you change the exhaust system you can achieve the same effect ??

Here are some of the GTi farts .

Hypersonic

it's not a sports car

i'd rather it be the smooth and silent sleeper mpv it was meant to be

↡ Advertisement