Volkswagen Sharan..

VellfireS

Welcome! PM me if you want to join the Touran/Sharan WhatsApp grp chat

Bro yokechye, pls advise me how to PM and join in the what's app group for Sharan..?? Thanks In Advance

Which brand petrol do you guys use for ur sharan? Does it matter in terms of power n fc?

98 delivers better power than 95 by my butt feel....but no significant differences between petrol brands

think you would get more replies if you join the whatsapp group

this thread is deserted 

except for me

:D

This current model debuted in 2011.  Although has been facelifted recently, but guess a replacement model is coming out soon.

Feels like a good blend of power and comfort.

Dear all. Have had my FL Sharan for the past 6 months. Enjoying the ride but the vehicle seem to have this issue with coolant. Within a few months, the check coolant have lit up a few times. I have topped up the coolant in August (at VW) but the light came up again this month. Any other bros out there having this issue??

Dear all. Have had my FL Sharan for the past 6 months. Enjoying the ride but the vehicle seem to have this issue with coolant. Within a few months, the check coolant have lit up a few times. I have topped up the coolant in August (at VW) but the light came up again this month. Any other bros out there having this issue??

I also experienced the coolant indicator popping up after about 6 months of drive. But after one free top up of the coolant at VW Leng Kee, so far so good. Suggest you drive down to VW Dialogue Reception at Leng Kee for a quick check, no need to make any appointment. I was told by the mechanic to standby the coolant to top up whenever needed. 

I also experienced the coolant indicator popping up after about 6 months of drive. But after one free top up of the coolant at VW Leng Kee, so far so good. Suggest you drive down to VW Dialogue Reception at Leng Kee for a quick check, no need to make any appointment. I was told by the mechanic to standby the coolant to top up whenever needed. 

Standby coolant and topup when necessary? What rubbish. 

Water pump leaking already. Go and claim warranty.

Standby coolant and topup when necessary? What rubbish.

Water pump leaking already. Go and claim warranty.

hope that they won't say it's normal for vw cars to consume some coolant.

hope that they can troubleshoot properly, find and conclude the root cause within a day.

hope that they have the replacement part in stock.

hope that they will not say the root cause is not wear and tear item under their policy and make you pay for the replacement part and labour

a lot of hope needed and don't expect to get a replacement car if the car goes in for an extended period

good luck guys!

Edited by Enye

The warning came up a few times probably cos your coolant level is borderline (i.e. below minimum but enough to cool the car but not enough if you drive too long) 

Try to top up yourself before you start the car in the morning. It is likely VW did not top up to the correct level as the car was hot when they did this. 

If don't work, then go bang table and claim warranty.  :yuush:

Thanks for all the feedback guys. I’ve booked a service appointment on Monday just to check to make sure. One of the light switch in the interior is spoilt as well so just nice go fix. Since it’s not even 10k yet, I seriously hope it’s nothing too major. My experience with my previous VW wasn’t too good already so if this one also keep giving me problems then I’m sure my CO at home will start making lots of noise. Ha ha.....

Guys please pm Yokechye or myself and join our group. No obligation even if you are still in the decision stage. Some of us have met SE's that can give more freebies. Suffice to say, those who didn't know were a little unhappy after signing on the dotted line.

42k km nia... my car both sides outer cv joints chui

no warranty ...considered wear and tear

vcs recommended to replace both entire drive shafts and both wheel bearings ...they think i carrot head

My Sharan's coolant indicator also popped up yesterday. As wife was driving, told her to drive to Leng Kee to top up and they also topped up the engine oil.

Btw,what's the average oil temperature you guys have seen in your car? Mine is usually 107 c.