UK Car Rental: Audi A3 or Ford Mondeo?

Chpeck

I will be going on a Business + Leisure trip to UK next week. The stay would be more than a month and need to hire a car for visiting places such as the Scottish highlands as well as some English National parks.

The car is to carry only two passengers, me and wify. My budget would be good for an Audi A3 1.4TFSI or Ford Mondeo tdi.

Having to choose between the two is kind of tough for me now. My wife prefers the Mondeo as she likes big and steady car for long distance but I would love to handle the Audi Hatch on the country winding roads which I have never done before.

Which of the two would you choose?

↡ Advertisement

hi,

the Mondeo is the more sensible choice. I did a 2 weeks biz trip in UK last year in a Mondeo changing hotel almost every weekday. The boot is large enough for me not to pack the luggage nicely all the time and the car is very stable on the motorways. It handles very well on B-roads which are very common once you have crossed into Scotland. Have a great trip!

Edited by Vet

mondeo is a diesel? if yes then would be easier on the pocket since it should give you better mileage.

Both are economical about 51mpg. Same rental and running cost.

Neutral Newbie

mondeo seems value with extra space but a3 sounded like safer to me~ aiya, also lost la~ are these the only models available in this package~?

↡ Advertisement