Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
63 replies to this topic | 15 praises

Posted 07 September 2011 - 06:52 PM

Varoom
  • Varoom
    1st Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Was wondering if anyone know where to get these. I saw a few threads but all of them damn old already...2006.

I wanna try DIY, anyone knows the rough cost to buy? Or any other similar sound proofing material also can.

Thanks in advance! =)

Posted 11 November 2012 - 01:41 AM

Desmonkyl
  • Desmonkyl
    Neutral Newbie
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

that thin layer of Dynamat Extreme makes miracle

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:50 PM

Redspring
  • Redspring
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Was wondering if anyone know where to get these. I saw a few threads but all of them damn old already...2006.

I wanna try DIY, anyone knows the rough cost to buy? Or any other similar sound proofing material also can.

Thanks in advance! =)

Interested on this sound proofing ,material sms me at 93384875

Thanks

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:02 AM

AceFyno
  • AceFyno
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

sound proofing, imho dynamat is just "bluetac" sprayed black with a cooking aluminium covering thats basically it...

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:51 AM

Genes
  • Genes
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

sound proofing, imho dynamat is just "bluetac" sprayed black with a cooking aluminium covering thats basically it...

Try it then talk la... Besides, try buying that big a piece of bluetac, see how much it will cost u. SP will be cheaper. Free aluminum foil somemore! rolleyes.gif
iPhone or iMia?

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:09 PM

Picanto

that thin layer of Dynamat Extreme makes miracle

dun make wrong statements

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:02 PM

AceFyno
  • AceFyno
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

tried it and lab tested it. might wanna go for high end grade sound proofing materials

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:06 PM

Wesleyoh
  • Premium member
    Wesleyoh
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Tried those 3rd party bitunen sheets and was a total disater.... Melted and flow down my previous ride.... Change car and used dynamat extrene... No issues with it after 2 years... so far so good

DIY is the way to go for sound proofing... You do the way you like abd do it well

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:20 PM

Pisces69
  • Premium member
    Pisces69
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Tried those 3rd party bitunen sheets and was a total disater.... Melted and flow down my previous ride.... Change car and used dynamat extrene... No issues with it after 2 years... so far so good

DIY is the way to go for sound proofing... You do the way you like abd do it well

Where u got e dynamat n how much it cost?

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:50 PM

Itsec
  • Itsec
    5th Gear
    Author Image

use dynamat extreme on fender and door (1 layer) park under the sun when in the office... 3.5 yrs till dated...so far so good... wink.gif
I'm a nobody, but try to convey my message across uniquely :)

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:33 AM

NoiseBlock
  • NoiseBlock
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

NIce seeing you guys are really doing DIY sound proofing. IF ever you guys need sound proofing materials for your rides pls pm. our company manufacture high end quality sound proofing materials for vehicles. You could come down to our office and actually view the product.

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:05 AM

Sutoh80
  • Premium member
    Sutoh80
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

NIce seeing you guys are really doing DIY sound proofing. IF ever you guys need sound proofing materials for your rides pls pm. our company manufacture high end quality sound proofing materials for vehicles. You could come down to our office and actually view the product.

Hi Can PM me the price to sound proof Honda Freed? And what does the sound proof include?

Thank You.

Posted 31 May 2013 - 04:48 PM

Dennis
  • Premium member
    Dennis
    1st Gear
    Author Image

I'm currently looking at sound proofing my car as well. Please let me know the details. Cheers

Posted 01 June 2013 - 04:06 PM

Anthony_1974
  • Premium member
    Anthony_1974
    Clutched
    Author Image

Im looking to soundproof the carpet beneath, what do you recommend? Where is your office? biggrin.gif

Posted 01 June 2013 - 05:28 PM

Wesleyoh
  • Premium member
    Wesleyoh
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

i still have the popular dynamat extreme left over. about 8 to 10 pieces. selling it at $30 per piece. do msg me if anyone is interested.

Posted 01 June 2013 - 06:18 PM

TL173
  • Premium member
    TL173
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

i still have the popular dynamat extreme left over. about 8 to 10 pieces. selling it at $30 per piece. do msg me if anyone is interested.

Have message you.

Edited by TL173, 01 June 2013 - 06:22 PM.

Posted 01 June 2013 - 06:39 PM

Amazon777
  • Amazon777
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Hi Can PM me the price to sound proof Honda Freed? And what does the sound proof include?

Thank You.

I called them up after seeing the auto blog, as I was looking at sound proofing my SUV, their product seem superior as compare to dynamat sheets, I was told their products were installed in boats and planes cabin

If you guys do decide to go down to do the sound proofing, pls do give some feedback as I'm still considering

http://www.mycarforu...g-your-vehicle/

Edited by Amazon777, 01 June 2013 - 07:08 PM.

Posted 01 June 2013 - 08:39 PM

Wesleyoh
  • Premium member
    Wesleyoh
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

I called them up after seeing the auto blog, as I was looking at sound proofing my SUV, their product seem superior as compare to dynamat sheets, I was told their products were installed in boats and planes cabin

If you guys do decide to go down to do the sound proofing, pls do give some feedback as I'm still considering

http://www.mycarforu...g-your-vehicle/

Bro, Im not too sure about this brand but coming from my personal experiece when doing SP for my car, I only trust the branded stuff. (eg Dynamat Extreme, Secondskin and STP). just my 2 cents worth :P

My 1st car, i used a brandless bitumen sheets and the outcome was horrible. Bitumen melted inside the door panel and window were stained with those bitumen. Sold my car 2 weeks later. Basically there is 2 ways to successfully SP you car.

Those material like that sticks to your metal door panel are to stop the metal from resonating and help create less vibration. 2nd is to have an open cell foam as a 2nd barrier to prevent the sound from entering the car.

Would like to share with you my DIY last time :)

https://picasaweb.go...CIC7hsOks82MMw#

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:57 PM

Anthony_1974
  • Premium member
    Anthony_1974
    Clutched
    Author Image

Just did my ride with Dynamat Extreme at JB. The results were great, reduction of about 35 to 40%, in my own opinion...very nice and satisfied biggrin.gif

Also read that if you were to use Dynamat and Liner together, would be better.
Any bros here tried?

Posted 06 June 2013 - 11:03 PM

Anthony_1974
  • Premium member
    Anthony_1974
    Clutched
    Author Image

Great job bro! thumbsup.gif
if only i could diy... bigcry.gif

Back to In-Car-Entertainment  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

StandartPlast AK Sound Proof Mat

StandartPlast AK Sound Proof Mat  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Put8pit0  |  Clutched

Noticeable Noise Reduction

I prefer quiet drives hence certain noise frequencies irritate me especially when I drive on gravels. From what I know, mass helps with soundproofing however it compromises my car's fuel efficiency and performance. After installing StandartPl... » Read More

Audio Work BWEP-2072

Audio Work BWEP-2072  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Amirul73  |  Neutral Newbie

Fabulous piece of invention!

I absolutely do not regret getting these sound dampers. They had provided me with an extra umph for my stereo system. Without using these dampers, bass boosts and vibrations are really messy! My whole car just feels like a club with loud musi... » Read More

Related Product Guide search on sgCarMart.com : Dynamat Xtreme, Sound Proofing

Quick Reply

Tags: dynamat, extreme, other, sound and 2 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users