What is happening to our society - funny or just wicked

Funner

Neutral Newbie

PRC woman forces marriage on Sec 3 boy

Lianhe Wanbao

5 September 2011

A Chinese national woman had reportedly forced her boyfriend, a local secondary three boy to marry her.

The woman is 26, holds a student pass and is in Singapore to study, while the sec three boy comes from a comfortable background and is an introvert.

The two were introduced to each other at a friend's birthday party and had exchanged phone numbers. Because she sported youthful looks and a babyface, the boy did not suspect that she was in fact 11 years older than him.

Soon after their first meeting, the woman courted the boy aggressively with messages and online chats. The two soon progressed to become a couple.

Three to four months later, the woman initiated sex with the boy. After the two became intimate, she began to pressure him to marry her.

The boy did not know what to do and in the end asked his parents for help.

This case was cited by a counsellor as an example of another tactic used by Chinese national women to snag Singaporean husbands. Besides matchmaking and introductions through friends and relatives, some Chinese national women use student passes to look for husbands in Singapore.

These women, sometimes girls as young as 17, may get pregnant with a Singaporean boyfriend and insist on marriage.

According to the counsellor, some of these women marry to acquire Singaporean citizenship, then using this as a stepping board to go to US or Australia.

↡ Advertisement

This is old news, already hotly debated in A1 forum, anyway so what's new, my prc lover told me she needs 50K remnibi to get her pass here.....so should I TT the money to her?

This is old news, already hotly debated in A1 forum, anyway so what's new, my prc lover told me she needs 50K remnibi to get her pass here.....so should I TT the money to her?

I thought the norm should be typhoo; house ruin. Dad, Mum, GrandMa, Grandpa sick. [:p]

Such good Kang Tao. <_< This boy likely to be, or will be, member of SBF soon. [laugh]

Good on you boy. [:p] How come when i was in sec sch no gals come tackle me! Instead i am the one doing all the tackling.

Edited by Kopites

Such good Kang Tao. <_< This boy likely to be, or will be, member of SBF soon. [laugh]

Good on you boy. [:p] How come when i was in sec sch no gals come tackle me! Instead i am the one doing all the tackling.

Cos you don't come from rich background.. [laugh] [laugh]

↡ Advertisement