Parking Idiot / Parking Fail / Anyhow Park...

Vit4wd

Is This a Parking Idiot?  

130 members have voted

1. 1.

• Definitely Yes!
    • No!

Twincharged

But seriously no joke to lift a vehicle even if it is a small car.

Pushing a stalled one already took so much effort, let alone lifting one...

Yep. But no choice cuz make announcement for quite awhile already and no one came. But overheard the security guard saying that normally when they park like this they don't apply handbrake so that if someone needs to get out they can just push the car.

↡ Advertisement

Yep. But no choice cuz make announcement for quite awhile already and no one came. But overheard the security guard saying that normally when they park like this they don't apply handbrake so that if someone needs to get out they can just push the car.

Err if the car is auto, and the handbrake is not applied, the car won't move if it's in park mode.

Twincharged

Err if the car is auto, and the handbrake is not applied, the car won't move if it's in park mode.

Leave in N. I think they do this in Thailand also.

Leave in N. I think they do this in Thailand also.

Kinda moronic if you ask me. There's absolutely nothing to prevent the vehicle from moving which can mean that the car may roll forward on its own and hit another car. Oh even better, stealing the car becomes easier. LOL! If you have to park the car and choose to leave it in N, you should have the handbrake up. If you don't to have the handbrake up then shift to P.

• Praise 1

Twincharged

Kinda moronic if you ask me. There's absolutely nothing to prevent the vehicle from moving which can mean that the car may roll forward on its own and hit another car. Oh even better, stealing the car becomes easier. LOL! If you have to park the car and choose to leave it in N, you should have the handbrake up. If you don't to have the handbrake up then shift to P.

Yup. But they do it cuz its more convenient. No need to wait for lots. lol. Just anyhow park but people can push your car if needed.

Yup. But they do it cuz its more convenient. No need to wait for lots. lol. Just anyhow park but people can push your car if needed.

Haha their cars must be really worthless if that's the case. Imagine doing that on a luxury car.....

Haha their cars must be really worthless if that's the case. Imagine doing that on a luxury car.....

It is the driving culture in Thailand as they practice double parking because lots are scarce. Some shopping centers hire parking attendants to help push the cars around so people can get in or out. All that stands between a car thief and your car are these guys along with the security guard.

This is regardless of whether you drive a luxury car or a thaiyota. If you want to park there, you play by their rules. If not, then find another place to park; usually by the roadside.

In some of the newer shopping centers with wider lots, the practice is to park 3 cars within the space allocated for 2 lots. If you park nicely in middle of one lot, your car will almost certainly be vandalised as you have deprived someone of a parking spot! When I first drove there, I was driving around searching for lots. I observed lots of cars parked "badly" but didn't realise the purpose until i came across the row nearest to the escalator. Between every two pillars, there were 3 cars squeezed into 2 lots. Including some Fortuner SUVs and Hilux trucks! Then I saw a SLK parked swee swee in the middle of the lot. Either it belongs to a big shot or the locals havent bothered cos lots are plenty on a weekday. [laugh]

Edited by TandemAssassin

It is the driving culture in Thailand as they practice double parking because lots are scarce. Some shopping centers hire parking attendants to help push the cars around so people can get in or out. All that stands between a car thief and your car are these guys along with the security guard.

This is regardless of whether you drive a luxury car or a thaiyota. If you want to park there, you play by their rules. If not, then find another place to park; usually by the roadside.

In some of the newer shopping centers with wider lots, the practice is to park 3 cars within the space allocated for 2 lots. If you park nicely in middle of one lot, your car will almost certainly be vandalised as you have deprived someone of a parking spot! When I first drove there, I was driving around searching for lots. I observed lots of cars parked "badly" but didn't realise the purpose until i came across the row nearest to the escalator. Between every two pillars, there were 3 cars squeezed into 2 lots. Including some Fortuner SUVs and Hilux trucks! Then I saw a SLK parked swee swee in the middle of the lot. Either it belongs to a big shot or the locals havent bothered cos lots are plenty on a weekday. [laugh]

That is super weird! So you can't park one car in one lot?

Twincharged

That is super weird! So you can't park one car in one lot?

You can say they are trying to be considerate in a way. lol. So that there will be enough space for everyone to park. [laugh]

the other kind of ccb is regardless of where i park...sure got one mudderfarker come park next to me.......ALWAYS

I tend to park at corner lots and to bias my car close to the kerb/side.....guarantee got ppl park closer to me sometimes crossing my line...

i have a stack of papers in my boot

'PLEASE LEARN TO PARK PROPERLY' AND double sided tape used to stick it on windscreen.....a-----es

But they Chinese educated, don't understand English, you paste notice also no use [laugh]

too many to post... i stop here... anyway if u got new car,,, u will also like to park 2 lot...

1st week with my new mini... i do that too...

I think it is quite "Normal" for new or luxury cars to park that way to prevent others from parking besides them,

but to park a cheap and old car like that is not normal lah, hahaha... [laugh]

Maybe parking warden should issue warning to those who's parking failed. If caught 3 times, TP automatically ask the car owner to go for a recourse. If fail, license suspended.