Kia GT rear-wheel drive concept details released

Blackseal

Oh yes...this car will give contis and japs a good run for their $$$$ !

Well, Kia and Hyundai are already there, and are more than able to compete with the Continentals, especially BMW and Mercedes-Benz I say!!

It's strange why Hyundai Korea don't want to export their Grandeur 5G yet. So far, it's still strictly a Korean Domestic Model.

They should start exporting this model, probably as the Azera, to USA and the world. This car will prove that the Koreans have landed!!!!

Well, Kia and Hyundai are already there, and are more than able to compete with the Continentals, especially BMW and Mercedes-Benz I say!!

It's strange why Hyundai Korea don't want to export their Grandeur 5G yet. So far, it's still strictly a Korean Domestic Model.

They should start exporting this model, probably as the Azera, to USA and the world. This car will prove that the Koreans have landed!!!!

The reason why they are not exporting, is due to the fact that they are aware they still can't take on the big boys ( europeans like Merc, Bimmer and Audi ) yet.....to be specific....handling dynamics and interior quality....even the design may not appeal to european / western buyers.... theonly oriental brand that can appeal to them is Lexus....The Koreans...more specific Hyundai, wants to be in that league before they launch their top of the range models to western buyers...no point being trounced by the europeans the moment they launched there...

The reason why they are not exporting, is due to the fact that they are aware they still can't take on the big boys ( europeans like Merc, Bimmer and Audi ) yet.....to be specific....handling dynamics and interior quality....even the design may not appeal to european / western buyers.... theonly oriental brand that can appeal to them is Lexus....The Koreans...more specific Hyundai, wants to be in that league before they launch their top of the range models to western buyers...no point being trounced by the europeans the moment they launched there...

They have a quality product in the Grandeur 5G. The design looks great, and is much more exciting to look at compared to the dull looking Genesis and towkay Equus.

When Hyundai launched the Genesis in USA a few yrs ago, it was well received at first, until the Germans came out with the F10 5-Series and W212 E-Class. That was where people rather paid more for nicer looking cars =) The Genesis just didn't have the exterior and interior looks to impress.

But with the Grandeur 5G, I'm pretty sure it'll be a huge seller there, as with the previous Azera [the one that's used as Taxis here].

They have a quality product in the Grandeur 5G. The design looks great, and is much more exciting to look at compared to the dull looking Genesis and towkay Equus.

When Hyundai launched the Genesis in USA a few yrs ago, it was well received at first, until the Germans came out with the F10 5-Series and W212 E-Class. That was where people rather paid more for nicer looking cars =) The Genesis just didn't have the exterior and interior looks to impress.

But with the Grandeur 5G, I'm pretty sure it'll be a huge seller there, as with the previous Azera [the one that's used as Taxis here].

Talking about F10 5 series...it's a large car on the outside...but the interior sucks....in terms of interior space....I wonder where all those 2968mm wheelbase gone to ????

Talking about F10 5 series...it's a large car on the outside...but the interior sucks....in terms of interior space....I wonder where all those 2968mm wheelbase gone to ????

Yeap. Was very disappointed with the interior space. It felt like the 3-Series inside.

Having seen the F10 and E60/E61 5-series next to each other, the additional length of the F10 5-Series really went to the bonnet, rather than interior cabin space.

The thick front and rear seats also didn't help in the legroom front.

Same for the W212 E-Class as well. The interior of even the W124 ain't much smaller despite the much smaller exterior size would suggest. All thanks to the seats, and longer bonnet.

actually, huyndai have the Equus in the range of Lexus, and they are in the American market. Just that it never gets as popular as the toyota.

I would say the Equus is nicely build with very quiet cabin.

But somehow, it just lack that bit of attraction for the up market buyers, who are more into luxury sedan.....I dont mind buying one though....USD70K in Korea for a S Class equivalent.

actually, huyndai have the Equus in the range of Lexus, and they are in the American market. Just that it never gets as popular as the toyota.

I would say the Equus is nicely build with very quiet cabin.

But somehow, it just lack that bit of attraction for the up market buyers, who are more into luxury sedan.....I dont mind buying one though....USD70K in Korea for a S Class equivalent.

Well, Hyundai has to change the design of the Equus' dashboard.

Or else, the Equus really does feel like a cut price Lexus LS460L....

Yeap. Was very disappointed with the interior space. It felt like the 3-Series inside.

Having seen the F10 and E60/E61 5-series next to each other, the additional length of the F10 5-Series really went to the bonnet, rather than interior cabin space.

The thick front and rear seats also didn't help in the legroom front.

Same for the W212 E-Class as well. The interior of even the W124 ain't much smaller despite the much smaller exterior size would suggest. All thanks to the seats, and longer bonnet.

That shows BMW packaging sucks ! [shakehead]

That shows BMW packaging sucks ! [shakehead]

Not exactly actually.

Park an F10 5-Series next to a Honda Civic, and notice the passenger compartment length [window length]. It's practically almost the same!

It's just that the exterior design fools you into thinking the F10 5-Series is a much larger car than it actually is!