Chevrolet Orlando New MPV

Patricklyb

Is there a count on the number of 1.4T Orlando owners here?

Join us on Team OrlandoSG on FB. Everyone is welcome whether you are an Orlando driver or not. =)

↡ Advertisement

Anyone has any thoughts on whether the Orlando can be reasonably reliable for 10 years? Provided the turbocharger is well taken of.

Anyone has any thoughts on whether the Orlando can be reasonably reliable for 10 years? Provided the turbocharger is well taken of.

I may not be an owner of the Orlando but as an owner of the Chevy Cruze, I can give you my two cents worth.

If you drive the car normally, it will serve you problem free (at least mechanically) for the first 3 years. Why do I say mechanically? Well cars nowadays use a lot of electronics, so its really a hit or miss on reliability. My previous 2013 Cruze had a series of electronic faults (eg. faulty driver's power window, code 89 error due to a temperature sensor and faulty rain sensing wiper) and although they may be irritating at times, its not a big deal since Alpine Motors will attend to them immediately.

If you travel a lot, then you might want to consider cars with better economy. My previous Cruze 1.6l had a rated economy of 7.4l/100km, but I averaged about 11l/100km in real world use. My usage pattern is considered extreme, as I travel less than 30km per day and each trip is no more than 30 minutes of 100% normal roads. So realistically speaking, if I drove the Orlando, it would likely give me about the same figures.

Of course, if you can, try not to keep a car for too long. Any make of car will require extensive replacement of parts after some time. So work your sums and see if it is worth it. It seem to work out for me, so that's why I went back for the 2016 1.4T Cruze after much deliberation.

Got free 1 year servicing, and solar film. If you want, I can PM you my SE. May be able to get you some discounts. 

When I got my Cruze in March, the SE offered me 3 years of free servicing and a further $4k off the list price. Also came with the standard solar film and complimentary umbrella upon collection of the car. Its useful if you check the profit margin for the car so that you know how much discount you can realistically ask for (via ------ website). If they are keen enough to clinch your business, they will likely give in.

• Praise 1

That sounds like a generous offer from your SE, similar to the sharing of your experience with the Cruze. Many thanks. :D

I may not be an owner of the Orlando but as an owner of the Chevy Cruze, I can give you my two cents worth.

If you drive the car normally, it will serve you problem free (at least mechanically) for the first 3 years. Why do I say mechanically? Well cars nowadays use a lot of electronics, so its really a hit or miss on reliability. My previous 2013 Cruze had a series of electronic faults (eg. faulty driver's power window, code 89 error due to a temperature sensor and faulty rain sensing wiper) and although they may be irritating at times, its not a big deal since Alpine Motors will attend to them immediately.

If you travel a lot, then you might want to consider cars with better economy. My previous Cruze 1.6l had a rated economy of 7.4l/100km, but I averaged about 11l/100km in real world use. My usage pattern is considered extreme, as I travel less than 30km per day and each trip is no more than 30 minutes of 100% normal roads. So realistically speaking, if I drove the Orlando, it would likely give me about the same figures.

Of course, if you can, try not to keep a car for too long. Any make of car will require extensive replacement of parts after some time. So work your sums and see if it is worth it. It seem to work out for me, so that's why I went back for the 2016 1.4T Cruze after much deliberation.

When I got my Cruze in March, the SE offered me 3 years of free servicing and a further $4k off the list price. Also came with the standard solar film and complimentary umbrella upon collection of the car. Its useful if you check the profit margin for the car so that you know how much discount you can realistically ask for (via ------ website). If they are keen enough to clinch your business, they will likely give in.

Neutral Newbie

Think everyone got at different prices. Got mine at 116k. OMV is around 20k I think.

Bean, you bought it at 116k with coe 70k? So car cost is 46k... for simple calculation.

Current offer at 99k with 47k coe, car price is 52k.

So current buyers will be paying 5-6k more for the same car. That doesn't seems like a good deal now.

Bean, you bought it at 116k with coe 70k? So car cost is 46k... for simple calculation.

Current offer at 99k with 47k coe, car price is 52k.

So current buyers will be paying 5-6k more for the same car. That doesn't seems like a good deal now.

It depends on how you see it. Paper value wise, yes. But in terms of absolute amount, no. I have still paid almost 20k more than the current buyers. Still no regrets getting the Orlando though. Should new Orlando prices ever drop below 80k... I probably will scrap the current car and get a new Orlando lol.

Neutral Newbie

It depends on how you see it. Paper value wise, yes. But in terms of absolute amount, no. I have still paid almost 20k more than the current buyers. Still no regrets getting the Orlando though. Should new Orlando prices ever drop below 80k... I probably will scrap the current car and get a new Orlando lol.

I'm looking at AD's pricing strategy. Someting  like a plate of char quay tiew 6 months ago compared to now should be similiar unless there is a drastic increase in the price of flour.

COE to me is fixed cost. Be it 90k or just 200 because the $$ goes straight to gov and it has nothing to do with arf, parf or omv. So how is AD pricing the car according to the market...

I'm looking at AD's pricing strategy. Someting like a plate of char quay tiew 6 months ago compared to now should be similiar unless there is a drastic increase in the price of flour.

COE to me is fixed cost. Be it 90k or just 200 because the $$ goes straight to gov and it has nothing to do with arf, parf or omv. So how is AD pricing the car according to the market...

I understand. By right the car prices should drop in correlation with the drop in COE prices. At the end of the day, profit margin is still an important factor. It's not unique to Orlando. Was looking at Mobilo around the same time last year and Was quoted 122k for the basic model. Not very sure about its current price, but I believe that it is 105k currently.

Yeah same sentiments! I am waiting to see if prices will drop below $80k. Hopefully by then, the new Cruze will be out and I will be able to change without forking out extra $$$. I switched to my new 2016 Cruze from my 2013 Cruze without forking out extra cash due to the high paper value.

Yeah same sentiments! I am waiting to see if prices will drop below $80k. Hopefully by then, the new Cruze will be out and I will be able to change without forking out extra $$$. I switched to my new 2016 Cruze from my 2013 Cruze without forking out extra cash due to the high paper value.

Just curious, how much did you manage to trade in your 2013 Cruze for? What was the original price you paid for it? Did you trade in to Alpine? 

Dear all, need urgent help on this.

I'm using my Orlando this Saturday to transport very longish items from a factory. Thus need to fold down even the front passenger seat, not just the middle row of seats.

But as I was trying to do it just now, I couldn't. I know there is a lever to the left of the seat. But no matter how I turned the seat frontwards and downwards, the furthest it could go was only about 45 degrees. And this will block the view of my left mirror.

Am I doing it the right way?

Dear all, need urgent help on this.

I'm using my Orlando this Saturday to transport very longish items from a factory. Thus need to fold down even the front passenger seat, not just the middle row of seats.

But as I was trying to do it just now, I couldn't. I know there is a lever to the left of the seat. But no matter how I turned the seat frontwards and downwards, the furthest it could go was only about 45 degrees. And this will block the view of my left mirror.

Am I doing it the right way?

If I'm not wrong only the middle and third rows can be collapsed. Front passenger can't.

The catalogue provided by AD is a little misleading.

Hi, gonna check out this car. Any SE to recommend?

What's the standard freebies or discounts you guys bargained for?

Thanks.

Try going there with a wishlist and bargain....and don't commit immediately if you are not satisfied with package. They will most likely to call you again and ask u "what you want". :) Edited by Walse

Neutral Newbie

Hi Seniors, may I know if the interest rate they gave is standard?2.7*?

yes 2.78%. there's a discount @ 2.38% thru Maybank but only valid for this weekend

Neutral Newbie

Orlando selling @ $105,999 at car expo. 2 years free road tax and 2 years free servicing.

Good deal?

↡ Advertisement