Chevrolet Orlando New MPV

Patricklyb

Neutral Newbie

The service person did not help me do any programming. Told me is due to camera cable! And that no stick to replace then. So few days back they called saying the stock is in. I will have to call them to fix the new cable and it shld resolved. I will keep u updated once they done the M&R.

Also another highlight... Check the tyres. My tyres' make is 2013..!! Rubber will harden in anyways even if is on the shelf!! Alpine didint want to change or justify that the tyres r not expired.

↡ Advertisement

I have the cheapo china cam with cables unhidden, i could unlock from probably 20m away.

Also, tyres should not be dates so far back...who is the SE that handle your car?

Neutral Newbie

I don't know where to insert photo to show u where I found the DOM. Is written outside. Not inside. Written on my tyre were these numbers:"0213.." Which means week 2 of 2013. Alpine didn't want to be responsible for this. I am writing in to request for the certificate of the tyre or something like such to prove that the tyres are not expired.

On the display it shows "DVD". I supposed means got picture n sound!

U r lucky that the V9 didn't give u issues. Sometimes even w one step away the door just couldn't be remoted! Highlighting here is to let readers checked after collecting car before leaving their premise.

small issues to u cos didn't happen to u. Alpine can help. But time is the essence. When u go down service car, thinking everything can settle within the day, end up need to find another time to fix the bugs. That's my frustration.

I have V9 as well. The remote effective distance is less than 20 meters. My old altis can response even at different storey. I will try disconnecting the V9 and see whether any difference.

That's a good oneð now that I recalled, my last honda... I used to remote open at 12th flr and ask my helper to help me bring things from the car...

Tested and confirm the v9 will interfere the car remote. The effective distance is much longer after disconnecting the v9. Any solution?

Neutral Newbie

After I fix the "cable" which the service person claims to be the root source... I will update here my results. Shld be within this week. Stay tune.

By the way, anyone has an issue w the build in GPS installed? The route often suggested seems very long way... Could be i font know how to use...

I have V9 as well. The remote effective distance is less than 20 meters. My old altis can response even at different storey. I will try disconnecting the V9 and see whether any difference.

Have the same car cam. How can a car cam affect a car alarm? makes no sense.

Having owned 3 chervolets in the family i can assure u that the stock remote alarm of a chevrolet is normally not that far.

I would expect that u need to physically "see it" to be able to trigger it. Use the remote to look for car? U can forget it. 

The service person did not help me do any programming. Told me is due to camera cable! And that no stick to replace then. So few days back they called saying the stock is in. I will have to call them to fix the new cable and it shld resolved. I will keep u updated once they done the M&R.

Also another highlight... Check the tyres. My tyres' make is 2013..!! Rubber will harden in anyways even if is on the shelf!! Alpine didint want to change or justify that the tyres r not expired.

I got my tyres changed on the 2nd day after I collect car. - Reason being i found an embedded nail. Initially service side say want to patch, saying this is their SOP, but i kpkb to my SE until they changed to another new tyre. Maybe you should speak to your SE.

Alpine normally push all the multimedia and gps topics to the outsource local company who implemented the system. If u got issues with the gps media player etc let me know i pm u the manager number (hes not on site in alpine)

Do join us in the fb group. you may get more answers there.

Tested and confirm the v9 will interfere the car remote. The effective distance is much longer after disconnecting the v9. Any solution?

Learnt something new today. Thanks and good luck.

But is it possible for such a low current from a cable to affect the alarm remote control's frequency? I find it not possible.

Another possibility may be the power source where the camera taps power from which affected the alarm's power as well. Did anyone tested the camera which is powered from a power bank instead?

But is it possible for such a low current from a cable to affect the alarm remote control's frequency? I find it not possible.

Another possibility may be the power source where the camera taps power from which affected the alarm's power as well. Did anyone tested the camera which is powered from a power bank instead?

I think it is due to the WiFi antena which interferes the remote.

I think it is due to the WiFi antena which interferes the remote.

You mean their frequency is similar. Must it be a v9, no other option?

You mean their frequency is similar. Must it be a v9, no other option?

Maybe similar frequency. The iRoad V9 was purchased by myself somewhere else.

I have same issue , it just happen to me at the 14k plus mark. Guys keep a look out. Got a scare yesterday when the issue comes up.

Not sure if this is common problem, but for the benefit of new or existing Orlando owners...

Yesterday I was driving on the highway... suddenly a "Code 82" appeared on my trip monitor...

(Something like this... pictures taken from google image; but is akin to actual situation...)

attachicon.gifCode82.jpgattachicon.gifcode82(b).jpg

I

So I parked my car at the destination, and called the SC... The SA who spoke to me, said that I could either bring my vehicle in the next day to reset the OIL LEVEL SENSOR... or he could walk me through it over the phone.

Steps:

1) Place car to Park mode with handbrake engage (for safety)

2) Turn ignition key to 3/4 until engine light and Code82 appears.

3) Click on the "Menu" button once... you will see a "3 Set"

4) Click one more time... you will see a "Reset"

(Something like this... pictures taken from google image; but is akin to actual situation...)

attachicon.gifCode82(a).jpg

5) Press and hold the reset button to reset oil sensor to 100

I have no qualms abt the whole process, i'm just puzzled as to the purpose of the Code82, since Engine Oil was changed at 10,000. This happened to me as i'm about 14,700KMs. (I thought the technicians should've reset the oil level sensor during tthe 10,000KM svc)

So it kinda freaked me out when I googled this before I called the SC; cos I had thought that there is a Engine Oil Leak.

+++

But after this incident, I can't help but ponder if the Oil Level Sensor is actually not a sensor at all, and there is no real purpose to it, since the SA claimed that this is no big issue, and you can just reset it on your own.

I have the voice recording for the call; in case anything happens. zzz

I recv the code yesterday at the 14k plus mark, guy keep a lookout when you reach this point will call service