• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
131 replies to this topic | 375 praises

Posted 15 September 2011 - 08:22 AM

Ysc3
  • Premium member
    Ysc3
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

anyone opted out of the plan ? why ? or anyone bought the enhanced plan which is supposed to pay more and longer than the $400/mth for 5 years when you "qualify" for the payout.

meeting an insurance agent later on who wants to "talk" to me about the enhanced version of eldershield ... just turned 40 this year and they so fast catch up with me liow ??

Posted 15 September 2011 - 09:00 AM

Xmaz3
  • Premium member
    Xmaz3
    1st Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I received it before i turned 40 too and i thought s--t i am already an elder now. Anyway i opt for it since it goes through the CPF which we may never get to touch it.

Posted 15 September 2011 - 09:19 AM

Soya
  • Soya
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

damn sad.....in sgp, 40 yrs old oredi kena labelled as 'elder' by the gahmen. wun be surprised if some young 20+ scholar that came out wif this policy. dry.gif

Posted 15 September 2011 - 09:22 AM

Donut
  • Premium member
    Donut
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

anyone opted out of the plan ? why ? or anyone bought the enhanced plan which is supposed to pay more and longer than the $400/mth for 5 years when you "qualify" for the payout.

meeting an insurance agent later on who wants to "talk" to me about the enhanced version of eldershield ... just turned 40 this year and they so fast catch up with me liow ??

there is one enhanced plan, that pays you $1000 for LIFETIME. I forgot which insurance company.... i suspect its either Auntie Lucy or GE. I find this is better than the basic plan
This is my country, this is my life. This is my people.

Posted 15 September 2011 - 09:34 AM

Hensony
  • Premium member
    Hensony
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

I opt out. I'm reserving my CPF funds to redeem my flat and pay for my medical insurance.

Posted 15 September 2011 - 09:36 AM

Gearoil
  • Gearoil
    Banned

All these Shields ...plans...forced down the throat of Sinkie peasants is but ONE BIG CON job by the MiWs..

They want those who are less sick and not chronically ill to pay for those sick and poor ones via insurance companies willing to foot the bills of these sickly....

It's all but a pyramid scheme...get a insurance company willing to take this job and the MIWs get those who are largely NOT SICK to pay for those SICK!

Get it? laugh.gif

Posted 15 September 2011 - 10:26 AM

Thedream
  • Thedream
    5th Gear
    Author Image

All these Shields ...plans...forced down the throat of Sinkie peasants is but ONE BIG CON job by the MiWs..

They want those who are less sick and not chronically ill to pay for those sick and poor ones via insurance companies willing to foot the bills of these sickly....

It's all but a pyramid scheme...get a insurance company willing to take this job and the MIWs get those who are largely NOT SICK to pay for those SICK!

Get it? laugh.gif

not forced down the throat. It's optional.

Posted 15 September 2011 - 10:27 AM

Thedream
  • Thedream
    5th Gear
    Author Image

damn sad.....in sgp, 40 yrs old oredi kena labelled as 'elder' by the gahmen. wun be surprised if some young 20+ scholar that came out wif this policy. dry.gif

no lah, 40 is when you need to save for your elder years. If elder already, you will need to use money, not save money biggrin.gif

Posted 15 September 2011 - 10:30 AM

Gearoil
  • Gearoil
    Banned

not forced down the throat. It's optional.

Anything put out by the MIWs is NOT optional to the Sinkie..

They will 'follow' cos they can't think otherwise! laugh.gif laugh.gif

Posted 15 September 2011 - 10:35 AM

Gearoil
  • Gearoil
    Banned

no lah, 40 is when you need to save for your elder years. If elder already, you will need to use money, not save money biggrin.gif

Sinkie peasant got money to save from 40 onwards one meh? laugh.gif

As far as I can recall...they were told that they got to work till they die...get 2nd or even 3rd class medical treatment ( see the queue at Poly clinics...that I am told cos I don't go to Poly cilincis laugh.gif )...

Prepare for non-employment once they hit the BIG 4-0 ( really ironic...told to work till they die and yet can't find ppl to employ them)...

and the worst....

CAN"T GET THEIR OLD AGE MONEY BACK WHEN THEY NEED IT IN THEIR OLD AGE! laugh.gif

Posted 15 September 2011 - 10:38 AM

Thedream
  • Thedream
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Anything put out by the MIWs is NOT optional to the Sinkie..

They will 'follow' cos they can't think otherwise! laugh.gif laugh.gif

i guess you're in the 30% of cynics.

So it's optional but not optional?

Posted 15 September 2011 - 10:43 AM

Gearoil
  • Gearoil
    Banned

i guess you're in the 30% of cynics.

So it's optional but not optional?

I don't need to 'follow'...

So why would I need to even know what they put out as optional or not! laugh.gif laugh.gif

Posted 15 September 2011 - 11:23 AM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

This is not about saving money, but spending money to buy insurance.

Why 40?

'Cos chances still lower, so can collect more premiums from us before risks get too high.

Posted 15 September 2011 - 11:34 AM

Zanter
  • Zanter
    6th Gear
    Author Image

I don't need to 'follow'...

So why would I need to even know what they put out as optional or not! laugh.gif laugh.gif

Its optional so why u KPKB? If people are concerned then they buy insurance. If not then no need to buy. Everything must be garment issue har? They must have put you in jail for a long time that why made you a bitter man laugh.gif

Posted 15 September 2011 - 12:20 PM

Toapayohkid
  • Toapayohkid
    5th Gear
    Author Image

ts? so what did agent spin? the problem with eldershield is that it covers only certain body functions like cannot use hand or leg or one side and need help. but if it works for stroke, then ok liao as stroke like getting common in our lifestyle
The AT-AT, the best SUV for Hoth!

Posted 15 September 2011 - 01:44 PM

Thedream
  • Thedream
    5th Gear
    Author Image

This is not about saving money, but spending money to buy insurance.

Why 40?

'Cos chances still lower, so can collect more premiums from us before risks get too high.

not sure what you're suggesting. So should it be 60? or 30?

once again, this is optional. You can get your own insurance or not at all.

Posted 16 September 2011 - 01:02 AM

Gearoil
  • Gearoil
    Banned

Its optional so why u KPKB? If people are concerned then they buy insurance. If not then no need to buy. Everything must be garment issue har? They must have put you in jail for a long time that why made you a bitter man laugh.gif

you still don't get it or pretending not to.

The very reason why you are facing this sort of issue is all driven by crooked doctors, crooked insurance who play along with a crooked system.

You like being crooked is lt?

Or you're a crook too in carhot with all these?

Posted 16 September 2011 - 03:02 AM

Porche
  • Premium member
    Porche
    Supercharged
    Author Image

another way to suck u dry

Posted 16 September 2011 - 07:03 AM

Zappy
  • Premium member
    Zappy
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Eldershield is just another insurance, just like insurance too, we buy, cause life's is unpredictable, no one will appreciate if nothing happen, but if so unluckily it happen. Those who have bought will be relieve that we did, at least, there's another 60 or 72 months of payouts to rely on, maybe payout not that much, but at least "No fish, prawn also good"

more detail about eldershield can be found at: http://www.moh.gov.s...ing.aspx?id=310

The info in above webby, also stated: As an ElderShield policyholder, you will be able to claim benefits at any age for the rest of your life once you have paid the premiums. Simply put, for someone who becomes severely disabled at age 70 or 80, or even at age 90 and beyond, he will still get the $300 monthly cash payout up to 60 months or $400 monthly cash payout up to 72 months under the ElderShield300 and ElderShield400 schemes respectively.

In life, nothing is certain and predictable, always good if one can plan ahead, reduce burdening others especially at times when one most need it. $$$$$ of course biggrin.gif

Posted 16 September 2011 - 07:47 AM

SimonTan
  • SimonTan
    Banned

Aia also send me the extended lifetime payout plan.
Haiz.

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: Members, 40yrs, above and 1 more...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users