Eldershield and Careshield issues

Ysc3

I opted out cos my own insurance policy covers disability so I feel no need to duplicate, my 2 cents.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

I opted out cos my own insurance policy covers disability so I feel no need to duplicate, my 2 cents.

Can share more?

Is that why the claim ratio is so low? People already have adequate coverage and just claim their private insurance first?

Can share more?

Is that why the claim ratio is so low? People already have adequate coverage and just claim their private insurance first?

Becoz most of the elders would have died before they meet the 3 disabilities criteria to make a claim.
  • Praise 2

Saw this on Facebook and I'm surprised this isn't being seen as a big deal.

Think we are destined to keep drinking the same ol Kool aid. 2002 till now and there can still be a claim of not enough data.

Huat ah....

post-167240-0-05892500-1517825223_thumb.jpg

• Praise 2

BTW, they claim that insurers will give rebate ... any elderly fellows here can share how much rebate they got? 10%?

Or 90%?

Becoz most of the elders would have died before they meet the 3 disabilities criteria to make a claim. ðð

not dead also half dead

how much help is another few hundred bucks a month?

not dead also half dead

ð

A dollar here, a dollar there.

Sifu, must remember that not everyone is like you and has 700k cash to tide them thru. These few hundred a month could mean the difference between eating sufficiently and starving.

• Praise 2

A dollar here, a dollar there.

Sifu, must remember that not everyone is like you and has 700k cash to tide them thru. These few hundred a month could mean the difference between eating sufficiently and starving.

yes sir... ok eat sufficiently for 5 years then starve

yes sir... ok eat sufficiently for 5 years then starve

ð

You won't understand la.

Can eat 5 years eat 5 years. Can eat 1 day, eat 1 day. When it is time to starve then worry lor.

Better than. Starving for the same 5 years.

• Praise 2

You won't understand la.

Can eat 5 years eat 5 years. Can eat 1 day, eat 1 day. When it is time to starve then worry lor.

Better than. Starving for the same 5 years.

yes sir... guess you won’t be opting out if you have the choice when the time comes

yes sir... guess you wonât be opting out if you have the choice when the time comes

ð

Got choice then say la.

Probably the same kind of choice one gets when they are being robbed in a dark alley.

Money or your life.

Got choice then say la.

Probably the same kind of choice one gets when they are being robbed in a dark alley.

Money or your life.

then you are not making any sense

since you have praising the scheme to the sky

Can share more?

I can’t really share more other than my own theory of why pay for something I’m already covered with. But of course this theory can also backfire if touch wood l, I get disabled n can only claim one side whereas if u buy both, I think u can claim both sides.

As for the claim ratio, I’ve no idea why it is low.

• Praise 5

not dead also half dead

ð

Sometimes it also up to how 'compassionate' the doctor is when he help the elders fill in the claim form. Some will check box the criteria when patient exaggerate his pain threshold when demonstrating his mobility.

then you are not making any sense

since you have praising the scheme to the sky

ð

I didn't praise the scheme at all. I merely said a few hundred bucks a month is not insignificant.

Whether an insurance scheme is good or not has way more factors than the payout such as premiums paid and risks covered. In the current situation, the scheme is clearly a rip off with the loss ratio being so damn low.

Edited by Kusje

I didn't praise the scheme at all. I merely said a few hundred bucks a month is not insignificant.

Whether an insurance scheme is good or not has way more factors than the payout such as premiums paid and risks covered. In the current situation, the scheme is clearly a rip off with the loss ratio being so damn low.

I agreed on the part few hundred here.. few hundred there. No much considering the cost of living but given a choice many would prefer to receive the few hundred than brave the rain to collect cupboard or sell tissue.

I know of few couple old folks really depending of the government 200per month (silver scheme something like that) to tied over the whole month expenditure. Many of us here don't give a damn given we pump one full tank coming to 100. There are people are there still need that hundred so to put some meal on the table.

Edited by Kopites