Australia: Migration Agencies For Australia

Tonicwater

hm.., why need agency?

1 go to the city you like or at least any city at australia.

2 find job. once get job, as the time goes by(know the environment well, which house to rent/ buy, which city is preferred, etc), apply the

citizenship or maybe the permanent resident status.

3 once you get your steady, bring one by one or once all of your family member.

that all i can imagine of :)

Think every country so easy to migrate like Singapore ? Just go there and look for job and fight with locals ?

First, in Australia, if you don't have a PR / Citizenship, no one will give you a job. Unless (a) Working holiday visa, means you are not allowed to apply PR for some time (b) You migrate by becoming business owner

Expensive but salary is 3 times more AFTER tax. For the same amount of money, you get a big house on a big piece of land that is yours FOREVER.

Housing prices not cheap anymore over there. MUCH CHEAPER than SG pte property, but if you compare HDB with theirs, size for size, I won't say it's much cheaper if you want good location and near City centre.

This is so for Melbourne and Sydney. Not sure about the rest.

Definitely I'm not here to pour cold water on anyone's dreams. Or here to discourage people, just to support ruling party agenda. But I have been doing some homework [sly]

If I could go there, I'd probably go for a small apartment 2-3 bedrooms and not so near city centre, up to 45 mins by their MRT. Their MRT is much less crowded than ours but of course more expensive. Can also consider cycling to work. There has cyclist-friendly roads and weather (provided one can endure a bit of wind chill, I sure can)

Cars are just soo tempting there.. hee hee.. but not the cheapest among 'Ang Moh' countries by any measure.

Just don't think you can buy a house for s$500k in a decent neighbourhood within 30 min drive from city centre. ain't gonna happen. of course, if can work and live in some further out suburb, lagi best.

I assume city centre as it may be easier to find jobs there. But no point searching for job until successfully got PR visa...

Turbocharged

Sgpreans go other countries become 2nd class. stay in SG also 2nd class. screwed [:p]

When the number hit 6.9, might even drop to 3rd class. .. [laugh]

Sgpreans go other countries become 2nd class. stay in SG also 2nd class. screwed [:p]

Ordinary 'heartlander' Singaporeans are not even treated 2nd class in their own country (except once every 4-5 yrs)

Rich and influential local elites 1st class, Caucasian expats 2nd class...... My own perception anyway.

Does people like OZ as it was English speaking, good economical & healthcare system, not too far from Singapore so can come back often, easier for people to visit too), & climate are more similar? Winter are cool, but summer can be warmer (Sub tropic I think).

Those living or wanting to move to OZ, can share? The woemen also tend to be on the plump side, though not a issue if you are already married.

Ordinary 'heartlander' Singaporeans are not even treated 2nd class in their own country (except once every 4-5 yrs)

Rich and influential local elites 1st class, Caucasian expats 2nd class...... My own perception anyway.

should be 1st class gahment, 2nd class foreigners, 3rd class citizens :wacko:

Does people like OZ as it was English speaking, good economical & healthcare system, not too far from Singapore so can come back often, easier for people to visit too), & climate are more similar? Winter are cool, but summer can be warmer (Sub tropic I think).

Those living or wanting to move to OZ, can share? The woemen also tend to be on the plump side, though not a issue if you are already married.

You overlooked one factor, most people who migrated down under had studied here, same applies to those who migrated to UK or US. Let's say I had gone to Europe to study, chances are I would have migrated there as well. Then, we go deeper to why did we choose these places? That's probably where your answer lies. I suspect an Anglophone area is one of the main criteria.

It depends.. if they are female, its 2nd class, Male is 3rd class.

Hi bros and sisters..

My wife and I are trying to migrate there. We have started a blog on general topics and are halfway through the series on migration. Currently at the stage where she has completed IELTS, skills assessment and has submitted EOI. now keeping our fingers crossed and waiting for the invite.

We don't have information on migration agents though, as my wife is our "agent". DIY application.

Check out our overview article Here.

Turbocharged
(edited)

Hi bros and sisters..

My wife and I are trying to migrate there. We have started a blog on general topics and are halfway through the series on migration. Currently at the stage where she has completed IELTS, skills assessment and has submitted EOI. now keeping our fingers crossed and waiting for the invite.

We don't have information on migration agents though, as my wife is our "agent". DIY application.

bro..thanks for taking the effort to share.

That's really good work.....

BTW, can I ask....why did you choose Aust over NZ? Any pro and cons?

Edited by Icedbs

Turbocharged

Hi bros and sisters..

Your guide really sheds some light on the migration process and paperwork. How about jobs there? You have to apply on your own and secure employment beforehand or...?

I guess it's easier to uproot before having kids, which will definitely put more pressure on the whole thing.

Turbocharged

bro..thanks for taking the effort to share.

That's really good work.....

BTW, can I ask....why did you choose Aust over NZ? Any pro and cons?

I'm quite interested to know too, regarding NZ over Oz. I've spent some time in both, and felt that NZ generally more relaxed and easy-going towards foreigners/migrants, especially in sub-urban areas. Maybe because it's less urbanised and less crowded. Whereas in Oz I've come across some "red-necks", and theses are educated ones too!

Supersonic

Hi bros and sisters..

thks for sharing.

juz curious, hv u lived overseas for any extended period of time b4? (1-2 wks holiday no counted hor).

Turbocharged

Why pinoy and prc come here we kpkb but somehow we feel dat we are entitled to migrate to other people's country?

Turbocharged

thks for sharing.

juz curious, hv u lived overseas for any extended period of time b4? (1-2 wks holiday no counted hor).

When thinking of migrating, need to consider that there are pros and cons about every country. But the pros and the cons affect different levels of society, e.g. if you're middle class in singapore, you're still affected by the crush of overpopulation, poorer living conditions due to high cost of living, etc. whereas in a larger developed nation, middle class is already relatively comfy with house, car, etc. depending where you choose to live/work.

Then of course there's the question of safety, relative lack of nearby facilities (esp in large countries' suburbs). But this is something to adjust to, and it helps not to compare this vs. that.

As an example, I have asked malaysian colleagues who grew up there in malaysia (not city area), and really, they did not think that they lack anything or miss anything during their days there.

Why pinoy and prc come here we kpkb but somehow we feel dat we are entitled to migrate to other people's country?

Simple. Because migrating to AU is not free for fall. There's a strict procedure and not just anyone can apply (e.g. skills in demand). Singapore on the other hand has opened the flood gate to everyone. Seriously if said PRC and Pinoy are selected on a strict criteria, I dont see any problem with it.

Another thing is, I find most migrants here in Australia generally try to integrate with the local and most of them tend to adapt to the evironment rather than try to change the environment to suit themselves.

Its just poor management from the government's point of view in controlling the quality of migrant into Singapore IMHO.

↡ Advertisement