How To Tell If Aftermarket Rim Is Original Or Replica?

Aeromania

i always tot rims with

Made in Japan engraved is org Japan???

Pls correct me if I'm wrong

yes Print Made in Japan is produced in Japan otherwise you can always bring this issue to Japan embassy tell them they imitate JAPAN

they sure take legal action against them

If you buy a product from SHOP ask to issue invoice state clearly

Yup it's same as electrical appliances like tv, DVD etc

I been in that line for 10 yrs

Made in Japan is what we looking at

There r Japan design, designed in Japan blah blah blah

Worst case

Japan designed on the carton boxes!!!

Imagine the boxes r designed in Japan

Lol

Looks quite real even with the logo cos still searching for that mij

Lol

Photo dun show entire picture

Jus guessing

Normally Rex will use real rims for weight ba

Lol

the rim is original prodrive rim market by bridgestone (can see the brand) can not see MIJ but still original.

the rim center cap and nuts/ metal valve and cap are not prodrive original.

i always wonder is the country of production the important and does it justify the quality from Production Nation ?

Look at Apple products are almost produced in CHINA and sport wear etc.

I am sure the world premium brand product has the Stringent QC process to make sure the product met their STD .

some are very particular so they just simply focus on Country of Origin and ended up buying not what his Original plan.

So be little more sensible when choosing a Product the need high quailty of standard.

Actually the pirates these days can also print from japan instead of japan design?

I think tough for chiong rims to have made in Japan marking when shipping out, cos if kena customs inspection at port of origin, then they jialat.

I think tough for chiong rims to have made in Japan marking when shipping out, cos if kena customs inspection at port of origin, then they jialat.

they are few ways to overcome that,

1- just print A Word (Japan)  IS ALL up to seller or Consumers to interpret it 

2- print some Japanese words on the box and stick stick on the wheel.

3- anyone can share here?

basically you pay what you get ,

and always ask for Official Invoice to state clearly the Items you purchased (may be can request the country of origin)

just MHO

they are few ways to overcome that,

1- just print A Word (Japan) IS ALL up to seller or Consumers to interpret it

2- print some Japanese words on the box and stick stick on the wheel.

3- anyone can share here?

basically you pay what you get ,

and always ask for Official Invoice to state clearly the Items you purchased (may be can request the country of origin)

just MHO

That's true and the "Japan" imprint is a common technique for them to rim makers to fool consumers.

That's true and the "Japan" imprint is a common technique for them to rim makers to fool consumers.

to my understanding .

Responsible wheel makers originally had no intention to Fool customers, initially hey just Imprint one word (country like Japan / German etc) is to tell consumers this product is developed and sold my the Company located in that Country (not place of manufacturer).

but soon after some wheels maker start to imprint and allow importer and retailer to play with the 1 word.

if we look back products like Car and their Original parts in the old days also just print 1 single word like Germany / Italy etc .

and today is still Happened to some cars like BMW or Mercedes they do import their car not from Germany like South Africa and which I have never see they Imprint the  make in South Africa on any part of the car or PArts (correct me If I am Wrong).

I product I really respect is tires manufacturers never give up to Imprint the country produced for the pass 30 years

I am amused the some consumers turn away the tires that produced outside their Original Country like Japan / German / France.

To me make it easy and Sure always ask for Official Invoice to show retailer integrity , I will support retailers that offer Official Invoice without requesting (even the products are produced in China instead of France for Michelin tires). some of the tires that are designed and formulated for curtained market which produced near the market to Save time of transportation and may perform better than those produced in their Home Plant.

Just MHO

I would definitely not enter this workshop 'Perfect Werkz' at Synergy. Dishonest and terrible workshop. SOLD me replica tyres and rims, use replica or 2nd hand parts for repairs and charged me for original parts pricing. Told me that they have limited edition etc but after sending it to my other friend workshop then I was told the parts was not the original one. They will do unnecessary repairs and keep the original parts and replacing it with replica parts or 2nd hand parts.   :pissed-off:

• Praise 1

I would definitely not enter this workshop 'Perfect Werkz' at Synergy. Dishonest and terrible workshop. SOLD me replica tyres and rims, use replica or 2nd hand parts for repairs and charged me for original parts pricing. Told me that they have limited edition etc but after sending it to my other friend workshop then I was told the parts was not the original one. They will do unnecessary repairs and keep the original parts and replacing it with replica parts or 2nd hand parts.   :pissed-off:

My Dear fren

can elaborate more about your encountered ?

Pricing or competition  are always the Culprit.

Thanks in advance if you can share .

i had my car sent in to check on the EPC light. They told me my ABS pump need to be changed. i was told it cost $5500 and would be dangerous if i didnt change it. so i agreed to change it. My rim and tyres are also time to change so i told them to change it as well which they said they will change to original set for me. Few days after the repairs, i checked with some of my friend workshop and found out that i could have saved the $5500 and change the ABS sensor instead of the ABS Pump. He then did a check for me and told me about the disgusting tricks that workshop had done. Well, of cause they denied and try to cover things up. Its not about the money issue, just dont like the dirty tricks.

↡ Advertisement