Class 3A can't get international driving licence?

Hensony

Hi bros

I was told that if a Singaporean driver holds a Class 3A licence, he can't get an international driving licence from AA. Is it true?

Is the international driving licence the only form of licence recognised in Australia for foreign drivers?

Please enlighten me.

Thanks

↡ Advertisement

Nope, you can drive with your Sg license in Aus indefinitely, its only if you migrate to Aus then will you be required to convert to Aus license. No need for international license to drive in Aus.

Many years back in Batam, I was told a Batam Driving Licence required, as they want to protect local taxi drivers income. The roads are also built so that U-turn route is required for many destinations on the island. Taxi drivers likely most happy people with the road authority there.

Yes, indeed. It's another myth buster. All along I have this mistaken notion that an international driving licence is needed in Australia.

3A confirm can get... even if u r P plate....

international driving licence will help if you are renting cars overseas... experienced it in canada, coz our license doesnt have expiry date (in canada, 5 years renewal), though u do not realli need it, just save hassle...

basically, it helps when the country u go does not have english as 1st language, it just explains the kind of current license u have in your home country... with the translated info...

there is no such thing as a "international license"...it is just a piece of paper issue by an organization which is suppose to be credible that have translation of your license in singapore in alot of foriegn language...that's all...there is no reason any country to forbid you to drive as long as you have a valid singapore license...they only issue is when they can't understand english....you may have some problem...so that piece of paper maybe helpful...

3A confirm can get... even if u r P plate....

international driving licence will help if you are renting cars overseas... experienced it in canada, coz our license doesnt have expiry date (in canada, 5 years renewal), though u do not realli need it, just save hassle...

basically, it helps when the country u go does not have english as 1st language, it just explains the kind of current license u have in your home country... with the translated info...

I kena the same thing when renting car in OZ in May. The staff at one Hertz branch office don't recognise our driving license because it has no expiry date. But funny thing is, i went to another branch and rented the car with no questions asked..

I kena the same thing when renting car in OZ in May. The staff at one Hertz branch office don't recognise our driving license because it has no expiry date. But funny thing is, i went to another branch and rented the car with no questions asked..

other countries got expiry date?

Side-trek a bit.

Am asking on behalf of a colleague.

Is driving licence from China directly usable in Singapore, or is there a conversion process?

Which means, 3a license can allow them to drive in any country? Is that so?

I heard from some that 3a doesnt allow you to drive out of sg.

So i was thinking if i happen to drive to jb, once i reach custom, i'll have to swap driver. It's abit retarded huh [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

Edited by Rviolet

Which means, 3a license can allow them to drive in any country? Is that so?

I heard from some that 3a doesnt allow you to drive out of sg.

Most countries have their own version of 3A license so definitely can drive with 3A.

Is this a "spam" post?

ONLINE STORE :

====( http://goo.gl/ZtBUK )=====

The website wholesale for many kinds of fashion shoes, like the nike,jordan,prada,, also including the jeans,shirts,bags,hat and the decorations. All the products are free shipping, and the the price is competitive, and also can accept the paypal payment.,after the payment, can ship within short time.

free shipping

competitive price

any size available

accept the paypal

jordan shoes $32

nike shox $32

Christan Audigier bikini $23

Ed Hardy Bikini $23

Smful short_t-shirt_woman $15

ed hardy short_tank_woman $16

Sandal $32

christian louboutin $80