Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
287 replies to this topic | 120 praises

Posted 18 September 2011 - 04:46 PM

Lucaswh
  • Lucaswh
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi asking for my dad.

For the Non-S Cooper, how is the maintenance like?

Fuel consumption, insurance and regular servicing cost (AD versus outside workshops) ?

If getting used, anything to look out for?

Thanks!

1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 18 September 2011 - 07:32 PM

ER-3682
  • Premium member
    ER-3682
    Turbocharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi asking for my dad.

Fuel consumption, insurance and regular servicing cost (AD versus outside workshops) ?

Thanks!

This is a "Lifestyle" car,insurance & servicing costs will be higher than a "Bread & butter" car.

Fairlady.

Posted 28 November 2011 - 11:29 PM

Newkidontheblock
  • Premium member
    Newkidontheblock
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Hi asking for my dad.

Thanks!

Bro I drive a cooper.
The maintenance of the car is really quite ok and I don't think it's that expensive.
Maintainence at the agent will be expensive. Servicing outside can be quite affordable.
Fuel consumption is good. Depends how u drive. Above 11km/l is easily achievable.

Posted 25 April 2012 - 05:28 PM

Vhtfhwlego
  • Premium member
    Vhtfhwlego
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Hi, any recommendations for workshop?

I need a quick fix as this bella had been traded in and I will only drive it till July.
The brake warning light is on and I need a quick fix.

Any recommendation on the workshop that can change brakes pad & reset the system?
24th Aug 2006, we lost a planet!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 11:49 AM

Mrbms
  • Mrbms
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

any1 gt any clue what happen to minisg.com? close shop or change name eh?

Posted 06 June 2012 - 12:14 PM

Newkidontheblock
  • Premium member
    Newkidontheblock
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

any1 gt any clue what happen to minisg.com? close shop or change name eh?

Changed name to www.bmwmini-sg.com

Posted 06 June 2012 - 12:44 PM

Mrbms
  • Mrbms
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Changed name to www.bmwmini-sg.com

thank q very much!

btw... how come so many pre-owed countryman on sgcarmart uh?? lousy huh blink.gif

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:15 AM

Toysoldier29
  • Toysoldier29
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

anyone knows the recent $12,000 promotion on new MINIs?

What does it entails ah? Fine print???

Posted 01 July 2012 - 02:36 PM

LustyFrailer
  • LustyFrailer
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

The $12000 discount on the models still ends up with a 140k car price on the basic cooper. Which is STEEP! Anyways.. there are rumours on the new 2013 hardtop with 4 doors coming out?? anyone knows the details on it??

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:48 AM

2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Any idea what is the difference between Mini ONE and Mini Copper? unsure.gif
Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
Life is very fragile. Nobody knows what's gonna happen next.

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:33 AM

Ferrari_enzo
one has smaller engine cooper is bigger?

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:43 AM

Renesis84
  • Renesis84
    1st Gear
    Author Image

If you are talking about 2010 models onwards, both are 1.6L but the ONE is tuned for lower BHP output at 95 BHP and Cooper is tuned higher at 122 BHP. Before that, the ONE was using a 1.4L engine.

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:45 AM

2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

If you are talking about 2010 models onwards, both are 1.6L but the ONE is tuned for lower BHP output at 95 BHP and Cooper is tuned higher at 122 BHP. Before that, the ONE was using a 1.4L engine.

What about those model between 2007-2009? Can i say that MINI one price is cheaper than MINI copper? unsure.gif

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:57 AM

Darryn
  • Premium member
    Darryn
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

If you have to ask, then you don't need to even be thinking about a Cooper - just buy whichever one is the prettiest colour.
Behold the tortoise! He only makes progress when he sticks his neck out.
All that's required for evil to triumph is that good men do nothing

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:05 PM

Spaxe
  • Spaxe
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Yes definitely. At least 15-17K cheaper brand new back when I got my cooper in end 2010. Besides engine, other things like chrome boot lid, chrome grills, 16" rims, controls on steering come as standard on cooper but no the one.

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:38 PM

2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Yes definitely. At least 15-17K cheaper brand new back when I got my cooper in end 2010. Besides engine, other things like chrome boot lid, chrome grills, 16" rims, controls on steering come as standard on cooper but no the one.

I see. Cause in the used car market saw MINI one and MINI cooper, wondering how come there are two names?! Lol, now i know why liao. tongue.gif

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:01 PM

Renesis84
  • Renesis84
    1st Gear
    Author Image

What about those model between 2007-2009? Can i say that MINI one price is cheaper than MINI copper? unsure.gif

As mentioned, those before 2010 Mini ONE are 1.4L. Mini Cooper is 1.6L all along.

Mini ONE

Mini ONE is definitely cheaper than Cooper of similar year make.

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:24 PM

ShepherdPie
  • ShepherdPie
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Actually cooper not a bad buy now.. there's 3 yrs free warranty and servicing and big disc off the list price.

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:33 PM

Zaxx
  • Zaxx
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Actually cooper not a bad buy now.. there's 3 yrs free warranty and servicing and big disc off the list price.

This is because the 3rd generation model is coming with new engine and design next year. I suppose they ll have to clear stocks soon.

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:43 PM

ShepherdPie
  • ShepherdPie
    5th Gear
    Author Image

but how many ppl can differentiate btw a mini cooper and mini one. (exterior wise) and (interior wise) what is the diff btw new engine and old engine if your maintenance cost is fixed and you hardly can speed in sg.

Seriously, with the high COE , fixed hiring cost is quite impt. dun be fool by pml and c&c with their low low pricing now.. ha haha :P

in any case, jap is really not worth it now given that yen is so high.

Edited by ShepherdPie, 11 October 2012 - 02:45 PM.

Back to Conti Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

MINI Cooper D 5-Door

MINI Cooper D 5-Door  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Jan75  |  Clutched

Lovely diesel mini

Cars like the cooper d really show that its a shame that singapore does not embrace diesel cars more. Its quality car with good looks and a top notch interior, coupled with excellent driving capabilities. Engine is nice and powerful, never fe... » Read More

MINI Cooper S 5-Door

MINI Cooper S 5-Door  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by VinW  |  Clutched

The hot hatch for family men

Having been known for their iconic three-door Cooper S, my interests were peaked when this five-door version was released. I was itching to find out whether the fun factor was still as high, with practicality added into the mix. So, I headed... » Read More

Related New Cars search on sgCarMart.com : MINI Cooper 2014, MINI Cooper

Quick Reply

Tags: mini, cooper, queries

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users