Mini Cooper queries

Lucaswh

im the opposite. wife prefers small lifestyle car while i need an executive car.

Germans are too big for supermini lifestyle cars. the closest to it will be the Smart ForTwo/ForFour ... otherwise, the BMW i3 is pretty cool too... with range extender, the car probably runs about 2.5-3L/100km.

Japs ... there is the Subaru R1/R2. If only they build a Mazda 1

I am lucky that my profession do not require me to drive any preset notion or expected type of cars. Hehe.

Mini go-kart handling has not been matched by any car I have driven or test driven.

That to me is a cliche i gladly repeat each time someone ask why a mini when it is so impractical and expensive.

↡ Advertisement

I am lucky that my profession do not require me to drive any preset notion or expected type of cars. Hehe.

Mini go-kart handling has not been matched by any car I have driven or test driven.

That to me is a cliche i gladly repeat each time someone ask why a mini when it is so impractical and expensive.

i guess you are right. There is no alternative comparison at the moment to the mini. Its not only the drive, but the image of the brand. That's why nobody dared venture into that territory. 

but adding countryman dilutes the image of the brand.

Just like what Cayenne did to Porsche 

or Bentayga did to Bentley

or F Pace to Jaguar

Can any bro recommend a WS for MINI servicing?

Less than 18 months left, was quoted close to $2000 for servicing, including:

- change water pump

- change brake pad

- change brake disc

Labour was listed as $400.

Thanks and a good day to all!

Can any bro recommend a WS for MINI servicing?

Less than 18 months left, was quoted close to $2000 for servicing, including:

- change water pump

- change brake pad

- change brake disc

Labour was listed as $400.

Thanks and a good day to all!

That is too expensive

I changed my water pump, engine mounting at 60kkm

You can check with Edward from Maintenance Concept at 87771011

His workshop is at Kaki Bukit

That is too expensive

I changed my water pump, engine mounting at 60kkm

You can check with Edward from Maintenance Concept at 87771011

His workshop is at Kaki Bukit

Thank you bro, will give Edward a buzz later

Neutral Newbie

Have been driving the F56 Cooper D for almost 6 months now, getting good mileage out of it. Averaging 800KM from 40L. However, I have to say the 3-cylinder diesel rattles quite a bit.

Edited by Ab0m
  • Praise 1

Hi.. Bought an old mini cooper with 2+ years left for my wife and would like to send to the workshop to do a quick check and replace any parts that need to be replaced. Besides Espace, J4C and BVO, anywhere else with good honest service that doesn't charge an arm and leg? Appreciate any feedback.

Hi.. Bought an old mini cooper with 2+ years left for my wife and would like to send to the workshop to do a quick check and replace any parts that need to be replaced. Besides Espace, J4C and BVO, anywhere else with good honest service that doesn't charge an arm and leg? Appreciate any feedback.

Codewerx

Neutral Newbie

Any recommendations for the following upgrades to F56 Coopers (besides going back to MH):

- change interior bulbs to LED

- Front speaker upgrades

Any recommendations for the following upgrades to F56 Coopers (besides going back to MH):

- change interior bulbs to LED

- Front speaker upgrades

Go to MH & buy LED interior bulb.  DIY.  I had changed all mine to LED.

For front speaker, forget it.  Unless u r willing fork out the $$ to change to Harman

Neutral Newbie

Go to MH & buy LED interior bulb.  DIY.  I had changed all mine to LED.

For front speaker, forget it.  Unless u r willing fork out the $$ to change to Harman

I'm looking for after market ones if there are such things available.

- MH dont have LED upgrades for F56 yet

- Harmon Kardon is a factory fitted option at $3600, no retro fit.

I saw some posts on Gladen plug and play for BMW which supposedly work on F56 but I'm not sure of any WS who are skilled in installation.

It will be cool to be able to retrofit the HUD as well. 

I'm looking for after market ones if there are such things available.

- MH dont have LED upgrades for F56 yet

- Harmon Kardon is a factory fitted option at $3600, no retro fit.

I saw some posts on Gladen plug and play for BMW which supposedly work on F56 but I'm not sure of any WS who are skilled in installation.

It will be cool to be able to retrofit the HUD as well.

For interior LED, R56 & F56 is the same. Check out Realoem.

Retrofit audio I m not sure

Have been driving the F56 Cooper D for almost 6 months now, getting good mileage out of it. Averaging 800KM from 40L. However, I have to say the 3-cylinder diesel rattles quite a bit.

test drove the D last week since wife wanted to change her cooper (non s) to cooper D. power is good but just worry about the smoothest of the engine in long run.

was told that mini one will be equip with led headlight and drl from jul onwards with a top up of $1k.

any bro here driving mini one (1.2t) who can give advise on the car day to day driving feel?

I am looking for a 9 year old cooper, if anyone is upgrading and intend to sell your car,  please PM me. thanks. 

Saw the latest red mini cooper s cabrio last weekend... drool....

Makes me itch to get back to topless mini fun.

Anyone has feedback or opinion on this generation of the mini cabrio? How is the fit and finish as well as the ride quality?

BlazingRedMetallic.png

↡ Advertisement