Mini Cooper queries

Lucaswh

Supersonic

Haha. I guess the One is the 'poor man''s Mini. Coming from a underpowered Mazda 3, my experience with the One is it's already a pocket rocket, the Cooper S definitely has a lot more to offer :)

wah liddat u better go test drive more TC cars bro. u sure wetz.....

↡ Advertisement

wah liddat u better go test drive more TC cars bro. u sure wetz.....

Hahaha....I safe driver, brake more than floor. I also think the more I try TC cars, the thinner my wallet will be :D

Hahaha....I safe driver, brake more than floor. I also think the more I try TC cars, the thinner my wallet will be :D

Braking <> Safe Driver.

With MCS, i feel safer as i could steer clear myself from crawling traffic most of the time.

For R56 with sunroof, it is quite quiet below 100km/h. Despite stock tire is RFT, the ride is not bumpy at all going through bumps.

Supersonic

thinner = lighter. can go faster. [drivingcar][thumbsup][thumbsup]

Braking <> Safe Driver.

With MCS, i feel safer as i could steer clear myself from crawling traffic most of the time.

For R56 with sunroof, it is quite quiet below 100km/h. Despite stock tire is RFT, the ride is not bumpy at all going through bumps.

Well true about braking (I don't mean anyhow brake bro) but flooring often does make a more dangerous driver, isn't it? :D

Yes bro, I guess the all 2014 Minis are more refined than previous models, though I never drive an older model before.

thinner = lighter. can go faster. [drivingcar][thumbsup][thumbsup]

Weird science. I like :D

Yes bro, I guess the all 2014 Minis are more refined than previous models, though I never drive an older model before.

I've read some review say that because the new 2014 MINI rides better, less rattles and more ergonomic, it is no longer the mini people love.

Question, is the MINI One 1.2L turbo charged?

I've read some review say that because the new 2014 MINI rides better, less rattles and more ergonomic, it is no longer the mini people love.

Question, is the MINI One 1.2L turbo charged?

I also read similar comments. I guess some Mini fans will not like the 'commercialized' 2014 models. Coming from a everyday driver pov, making rides more refined means Mini loosing its niche market while it gains more commoner drivers.

Yes it's a turbo charged 1.2l. Based on what I remember from the Sales Consultant, it produces 102 horses.

I also read similar comments. I guess some Mini fans will not like the 'commercialized' 2014 models. Coming from a everyday driver pov, making rides more refined means Mini loosing its niche market while it gains more commoner drivers.

Yes it's a turbo charged 1.2l. Based on what I remember from the Sales Consultant, it produces 102 horses.

Thanks. So this would be the only cat A MINI in the range.

For me I welcome the changes, car does not need to rattles to have character.

Thanks. So this would be the only cat A MINI in the range.

For me I welcome the changes, car does not need to rattles to have character.

Yes. If Cat A COE falls (quite unlikely though haha), maybe price will be ard 120k [cool]

(edited)

Well true about braking (I don't mean anyhow brake bro) but flooring often does make a more dangerous driver, isn't it? :D

Weird science. I like :D

Flooring is to get out of tight situation. I don't floor unless necessary.

There are a few things i don't like about F56, like moving the window & door switch out of centre console, disappearance of giant speedo.

Yes. If Cat A COE falls (quite unlikely though haha), maybe price will be ard 120k [cool]

Eurokar don't really shift Mini price a lot unless COE shift a lot.

Edited by Davidtch

Flooring is to get out of tight situation. I don't floor unless necessary.

There are a few things i don't like about R56, like moving the window & door switch out of centre console, disappearance of giant speedo.

Eurokar don't really shift Mini price a lot unless COE shift a lot.

My Mazda3 floor also like no use now haha. Up lorry soon.

I see. So I think prices are more or less stable like prices of Apple products :)

Neutral Newbie

Went to Mini Habitat for a test drive of Mini Cooper. Was surprised to see the Mini One released 2 days ago. So decided to test drive the One instead of the Cooper.

It's the first time I drove a Mini and I was pleasantly surprised by the reasonably powerful 1.2l engine on the One. Pick up was fast and steering was moderate, not too heavy or light. I was expecting a noisy and bumpy ride but it was actually a decently smooth and quiet ride. I could also steer quite confidently at some bends. Overall I enjoyed the drive very much [thumbsup]

I got a brochure from the friendly and helpful Sales Consultant Jonathan Chen who served me. For bros and sis who are interested, the Mini One is priced around 123k.

Hi Bro, list price @ 123K before rebate?

(edited)

There are a few things i don't like about R56, like moving the window & door switch out of centre console, disappearance of giant speedo.

You mean F56?

Edited by Rm2s

Hi Bro, list price @ 123K before rebate?

Hi bro, I didn't ask the SC about that. It's the nett price on the price list in a card format.

F56 review not so good...bigger than ever but nothing really better than the predecessor and the 5-door really stretching the word Mini...

maybe die-hards will have a go at it...

My first car a Mini. Monthly maintenance to be carried out. Sold it after 2 years.

My current car is R56. I only sent it in for 1st service two mths ago. It was bought in Jan 14.

↡ Advertisement