Mini Cooper queries

Lucaswh

I think the website is dead. Cannot access. Some error messages like "bandwidth exceeded"

Anyone has the same issue?

It is normal. It will be reset in a new mth. What do you want to know?

As mentioned, those before 2010 Mini ONE are 1.4L. Mini Cooper is 1.6L all along.

Mini ONE

Mini ONE is definitely cheaper than Cooper of similar year make.

Now 2.0L available..... Cooper S (2014). Edited by Johny_walker

Saw F55 Mini Cooper 5 Door on my way to work.

Checked mini webpage and it says $153,300.

Mini One 5 door at $130,300

Quite steep.

I test drove the Mini Cooper D yesterday. So much fun! 

Did it right after testing the BMW116d - enjoyed it, definitely the more 'practical' choice. 

(those two are my leading choices for a new car right now.)

Could use some help...

Which of these two would you pick and Why?

Any other similar model I must look at? 

Kind of surprised to see very less discussions around the Mini, or forums for that.

New to car ownership in Singapore, so can anybody guide me here?

Thanks!

I test drove the Mini Cooper D yesterday. So much fun! 

Did it right after testing the BMW116d - enjoyed it, definitely the more 'practical' choice. 

(those two are my leading choices for a new car right now.)

Could use some help...

Which of these two would you pick and Why?

Any other similar model I must look at? 

Kind of surprised to see very less discussions around the Mini, or forums for that.

New to car ownership in Singapore, so can anybody guide me here?

Thanks!

For price vs features, definitely Mini Cooper D.

How is the backseats like? Can squeeze in 3 passengers at least bro?

How about the noise lvl bro? Its a good buy though. 129k. How much did the SE offer you as a package?

Problem is Mini is voted number 1 in terms of unreliability ratings in Australia thats all.

Edited by Runforyourlife

For price vs features, definitely Mini Cooper D.

How is the backseats like? Can squeeze in 3 passengers at least bro?

How about the noise lvl bro? Its a good buy though. 129k. How much did the SE offer you as a package?

Problem is Mini is voted number 1 in terms of unreliability ratings in Australia thats all.

Backseats: In the 3-door version, 2 people in the back OK for drives within the city. The 5-door version can seat 3 properly. Not the most comfortable, but then you buy MINIs only for the driver's seat :-)

Noise level - no problem at all. (i was expecting some due to Diesel engine, but amazing how much they've improved over the years). The MINI is quirky in a nice way all around for sound - even the turn indicators sound retro. The audio system is same as BMW so sounds even better in the smaller Mini.

Price - not sure what you mean by 'package'?

The offer was 127,300 with 50% loan @ 2.68%, incl of 5 yrs warranty and regular maintenance. COE rebate @ 43k (1 guaranteed bid).

Unreliability - yeah, I've read the reviews, but so many seem to be for the older models. Their have been a number of changes now, so am hoping it's not an issue. Spoke today to a guy whose owned the Cooper D for over a year, and he said he's not had any issues. 

I think my mind is made up... need to decide if I should wait for a couple more COE bid rounds and see trend before buying. Not sure how to decide that though... any tips?

• Praise 1

43k 1 guarantee bid means the next one confirm will get without top ups?

Yea i'm looking at 5 door one D one. so yeap, the maintenance is a concern glad its all fixed. I'm trying not to visit the showroom so as not to be poisoned hah.

Always wanted to own a mini that's the problem.

• Praise 1

Main diff between the BMW & MINI is that former RWD, latter is FWD.  BMW is 8AT, MINI is 6AT.

How bout in terms of the electronics?  Are MINI(s) also laden with loads of sophisticated electronics like BMW?

So far, a friend with the MC, has clocked 60+k km with no issues (over 5yrs)....at least by her account.  She waits for engine oil change light to light up b4 changing EO.  Wont be surprised if she also believes it has 'lifelong' GB oil.  *sweat*

• Praise 2

Main diff between the BMW & MINI is that former RWD, latter is FWD.  BMW is 8AT, MINI is 6AT.

How bout in terms of the electronics?  Are MINI(s) also laden with loads of sophisticated electronics like BMW?

So far, a friend with the MC, has clocked 60+k km with no issues (over 5yrs)....at least by her account.  She waits for engine oil change light to light up b4 changing EO.  Wont be surprised if she also believes it has 'lifelong' GB oil.  *sweat*

8AT by ZF are known to be very good in terms of performance, but less likely to last the entire lifespan of the car in Singapore.

6AT by Aisin known to be very reliable but not as fast-shifting as the ZF 8 speed.

The previous generation Mini Cooper on the Prince engine have known issues that contributed to breakdowns... unresolved after many years and now abandoned and replaced by the all new 1.5-litre and 2.0 litre engines.

8AT by ZF are known to be very good in terms of performance, but less likely to last the entire lifespan of the car in Singapore.

6AT by Aisin known to be very reliable but not as fast-shifting as the ZF 8 speed.

The previous generation Mini Cooper on the Prince engine have known issues that contributed to breakdowns... unresolved after many years and now abandoned and replaced by the all new 1.5-litre and 2.0 litre engines.

But no news on reliability reports of 1.5 and 2 engines right?

But no news on reliability reports of 1.5 and 2 engines right?

Ya Lor. It's too new. I owned 2 cars with the Prince engines before and one had engine issues at Year 3, the other in less than a year. Both are probably dead now. So I Guess it's a gamble, unless the car comes with a tried and tested engine that has been refined over the generations to fit into today's model.

Ya Lor. It's too new. I owned 2 cars with the Prince engines before and one had engine issues at Year 3, the other in less than a year. Both are probably dead now. So I Guess it's a gamble, unless the car comes with a tried and tested engine that has been refined over the generations to fit into today's model.

Bro in terms of maintenance lei? How much per year? Since mini offer 5 years warranty lol.

Thanks for the info.  Like that Petrol or Diesel, I will take the Aisin 6AT   [thumbsup]

If the MINI Cooper was bought in 2011, will it be the Prince engine or the current 1.5 inline 3 TC?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1