Dashboard rattle

Babysaint

hi, im currently driving a 08 legacy and my dashboard rattles.. did some research got pple post abt removing the whole dashboard and fix d problem.

problem is, i dunno how to do it

any bros or sis out here got any workshop to recommend? i really love me car but the sound is driving me nuts

an example of how they fix it: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/...me-9-87104.html

↡ Advertisement

You can try to DIY yourself first but identifying where is the source of the rattle? IS it cause by glove box? Or under the steering wheel etc?

Such things do happen and it can be just due to a lose screw.

Just like a dripping tap in the dead of the night.

It's annoying.

Best is to remove everything from the dashboard and glove compartment first. To try to elminate the source.

It could be loose coins or pens in the holders or glove compartment.

If there is a afterrmarket HU, then most likely the sound system wiring.

Or a loose wire from the IU cable.

Sometimes stuffing some high density rubber foam between two surfaces, e.g. The side of the dashboard in contact with body frame, etc.

If all else fail...then proceed to dismemtal the dashboard piece by piece.

Good luck....I hate the rattling sound in my car too.

Did you change suspension and lower your car ?

It could be a harsh ride that causes stuff to rattle in the car...

If its so, you might wanna try this as a cure....it works for me. Just spray between dashboard parts.

car2.jpg

hi, im currently driving a 08 legacy and my dashboard rattles.. did some research got pple post abt removing the whole dashboard and fix d problem.

any bros or sis out here got any workshop to recommend? i really love me car but the sound is driving me nuts

an example of how they fix it: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/...me-9-87104.html

Why don't you go back to Motor Image and have a check?

Is you car still under warranty?

Hi Ghostrider,

Where did you get the OWS Body Flex Gel from..?

My ride been ratling for quite sometime already & its been driving me nuts.. ha..ha..ha

TIA.

Did you change suspension and lower your car ?

It could be a harsh ride that causes stuff to rattle in the car...

If its so, you might wanna try this as a cure....it works for me. Just spray between dashboard parts.

May I ask where you bought this product? I've not noticed it before at Autobacs.

Edited by Hotnyh

Is this effective?

I used to have this problem when I was on coils.

After changing back to stock suspension, all the rattling went away. [laugh]

Must check mine for recent strange noises in cabin when driving along uneven roads.

Must check mine for recent strange noises in cabin when driving along uneven roads.

Bro...Myvi main noise issues got a few....sun visor clip, pillar A or B panel...shaky glovebox cover or maybe the so called air bag cover abover the glovebox. I managed to settled all one by one after coming 2 years.

Even loose door rubber seals caused sound when on uneven road. <_<

Bro...Myvi main noise issues got a few....sun visor clip, pillar A or B panel...shaky glovebox cover or maybe the so called air bag cover abover the glovebox. I managed to settled all one by one after coming 2 years.

Even loose door rubber seals caused sound when on uneven road. <_<

So many likely sources for the one issue? Mine already 2 years old car? Busy-busy.

Rattles and squeaks are common even for well built contis. It does not help that Singapore roads are very badly paved.

??? even my friends from America are impress by our road condition, maybe cause Singapore small thus easy to manage

Edited by D3badge

My Lancer EX also rattle.. not sure whether other Lancer EX owners have this same problem?

My is on the right hand side of the dashboard.. where the ERP and reverse meter display is..

when back to C&C, they say cant replicate the noise so no action...

↡ Advertisement