Town councils' electricity bills soar

Seaweed

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/town-councils--el...bills-soar.html

"""""Member of Parliament (MP) for the Bishan-Toa Payoh group representation constituency (GRC) Hri Kumar, who is also the area's town council chairman, said that the council's utility expenses shot up from $5.9 million in 2005 to $8.2 million in the previous financial year due to a rise in electricity tariffs.

The council's electricity bill accounts for around 22 per cent of residents' S&CC.

In his message entitled "A Very Nasty Shock" on the council's website"""""

I think his shock is a little slow leh....I think alot of us already karna shock until .... [sweatdrop] [sweatdrop] ...........haiz.....looks like he never bother to read his house PUB bill..

↡ Advertisement

Use some reasons to warm up, very soon, S&C charges will go up.

Nothing new from MIW's tactics.

Let's see if the 2 opp wards will increase their fees a not.

Erections over, we got another 5 years to repent for marking the wrong box.

i dunno if he has factored in the no of buildings and its coverage in 2005 vs 2008 but using absolute figure to analyse is very one sided and shld mean adjusting the conservancy fees soon. be prepared.

Where I reside, the Town Council(TC) did these:

1. void decks' lighting points were reduced during cyclical maintenance

2. light fittings @void decks changed to lower power rated type ie. slimmer light tube.

3. lamps for service roads' pole lights changed to those of a 'dimmer' type aka lower power rating type.

The net result is lower electricity bill paid by the TC. However, the negative effect is the presence of numerous dark spots at the void deck---a safety risk to residents, especially at late hours at night.

Dimly lit footpath adjacent to service roads are potentially safety hazards to residents/pedestrians.

Use some reasons to warm up, very soon, S&C charges will go up.

Nothing new from MIW's tactics.

Let's see if the 2 opp wards will increase their fees a not.

Erections over, we got another 5 years to repent for marking the wrong box.

I never vote for them wor

I never vote for them wor

I also never vote for them, but the 60% did that makes them still feel they can still sit in the ivory towers and do what they want.

Recently in the news they already mentioned about tapping into solar power and paying lesser for the electricity consumed. So let's see if my tc will raise charges a not.

Sometimes I can't understand. If they spruce up the surroundings like more street lights and pavement lights, are they using energy saving lights ?

I don't think so, still majority use the normal ones if you observe carefully.. MSCP is one example.

Save on installation costs but waste of usage costs...

Sometimes I can't understand. If they spruce up the surroundings like more street lights and pavement lights, are they using energy saving lights ?

I don't think so, still majority use the normal ones if you observe carefully.. MSCP is one example.

Save on installation costs but waste of usage costs...

Probably when they tendered out the maintenance contract, the contractor already specified to use certain blubs, so until the contract expires, i don't think anything will change. Energy saving blubs costs more.

So change to LED lights still suffer increased electrocity costs?

Get ready for increase in town council fees! No doubt....this is the first shot.....then will be manpower cost also up......then cleaning chemicals also up.....then say absorbed for one year already.....must pass to the citizens......the increase costs is to let the citizens know it's expensive....so that citizens can learn to save energy, keep the lift and area clean....etc...etc..IF got improvement will reduce the fees the next year.

Same pattern.....haiz.

↡ Advertisement