Uni Orientation games too lewd?

Ahtong

Hypersonic

you have 2 sons right? they can make up your losses [laugh] [laugh]

[laugh] [laugh] That's a good idea but nothing beats self experience [sly]

But now rules changing. Next time may have to do girls on top instead :yeah-im-not-drunk:

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Couldn't find any thread on this (in case I missed it) so I am starting one.

What do you think of the saga? Originally, I thought no big deal lah, let the Uni students do what they want to do. After all, aren't they all adults and the guys would have served NS already? Nobody forced anybody what.

But my views completely changed when I saw this video.

The activities look to be very dangerous. Somebody could get very seriously hurt.

I think the authorities have no choice but to step in.

Your search capability needs retuning. This was discussed wayyyyyy back in 2011!

This is the kind of threads I recommend merging as you see the bigger pic of trend

Nothing has changed

Will not warn you but you could sound me out if in doubt in future

Thank you for your cooperation

The younger generation now are very arrogant and selfish and they always want to do it their way. Only can talk big but low EQ.

You are exactly right.

They get this from their parents.

:D

• Praise 3

Your search capability needs retuning. This was discussed wayyyyyy back in 2011!

This is the kind of threads I recommend merging as you see the bigger pic of trend

Nothing has changed

Will not warn you but you could sound me out if in doubt in future

Thank you for your cooperation

Thanks for alerting.

Yes, I agree with you that such threads should be merged, thanks.

What struck me - the last post on this topic was 2011.  We have reached 2016.  I imagine all this has been ongoing but somehow no pictures/videos surfaced the past 5 years until now.  Intriguing. 

• Praise 1

Thanks for alerting.

Yes, I agree with you that such threads should be merged, thanks.

What struck me - the last post on this topic was 2011. We have reached 2016. I imagine all this has been ongoing but somehow no pictures/videos surfaced the past 5 years until now. Intriguing.

Worrying I must say

Parents would b worried and concerned. This is overboard !

(edited)

The dunking one i guess i can still accept if its not done too fast (volunteers only).

There's some mention of some "pretend ejaculation" and some "rape simulation" games. I mean that's really off if it's true.

I can't imagine a girl having to do that.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

The dunking one i guess i can still accept if its not done too fast (volunteers only).

There's some mention of some "pretend ejaculation" and some "rape simulation" games. I mean that's really off if it's true.

I can't imagine a girl having to do that.

Came to this page while searching for suspension lol.

Rape simulation? There's pseudo incest threw in to make it a potent brew, for those who have to go through it as part of forfeiture:

Guy: pretends to kick down door - meimei kor kor come already!

Gal: pretends to resist - kor kor meimei don't want!

Seriously if this is freshman OG, I wonder what happens at and after freshman bash.. this needs to be fixed

• Praise 1

Came to this page while searching for suspension lol.

Rape simulation? There's pseudo incest threw in to make it a potent brew, for those who have to go through it as part of forfeiture:

Guy: pretends to kick down door - meimei kor kor come already!

Gal: pretends to resist - kor kor meimei don't want!

Seriously if this is freshman OG, I wonder what happens at and after freshman bash.. this needs to be fixed

Haha this kor kor meimei bit is quite funny 

Call me conservative, but this is outrageous imho.

We need the education system and the society to install the right values, to uphold morals and respect people. 

I see the young generation (and i hope this represents the minority) here trying to show that they are one up and more open-minded than the predecessors and parents, and they even come out and criticise the public who chided them.

These people - if left unchecked - will easily be desensitised and will lead to degradation in social morals and will likely not think twice about raping people.

There is apparently also a vocal student group that has come out to say that they are disappointed, etc. This group is apparently linked to Yale-NUS and could be high profile and become future leaders. Yale apparently has strong support of LGBT, and there might be political pressure from US to let them have their way.

I hope the authorities would come in and clamp down hard on such social ills - nip them in the bud before it takes root.

• Praise 8

Turbocharged

In the first place, all boils down to individual choice. Willing organiser and willing freshie. If they think it's degrading and humiliating, then just refuse to do it. If enough people are unwilling to go along with the games, then it will stop naturally. But the fact that it's going on for years show that there are many willing parties involved.

All this talk by some freshie about how they feel pressured is total rubbish. Sad product of our education system and social engineering that programs students to be subservient and blindly obedient to authority figures.

• Praise 7

Supersonic
(edited)

Young people at that age wants to be socially accepted.

They will do things and participate in events they are not comfortable with, bcuz of peer pressure.

They do not know how to say NO.

And the others know how to take advantage of that.

If you're a parent with daughters, make sure you teach them how to say no and walk away.

Edited by Kb27
  • Praise 5

Young people at that age wants to be socially accepted.

They will do things and participate in events they are not comfortable with, bcuz of peer pressure.

They do not know how to say NO.

And the others know how to take advantage of that.

If you're a parent with daughters, makre sure you teach them how to say no and walk away.

Obscene! Girls get dunked with legs grabbed and spread-eagle aka kah kwee kwee. It has gone too far.

• Praise 5

Couldn't find any thread on this (in case I missed it) so I am starting one.

What do you think of the saga? Originally, I thought no big deal lah, let the Uni students do what they want to do. After all, aren't they all adults and the guys would have served NS already? Nobody forced anybody what.

But my views completely changed when I saw this video.

The activities look to be very dangerous. Somebody could get very seriously hurt.

I think the authorities have no choice but to step in.

First time I saw videos of these orientation games, and I'm shocked. I agree that the dunking activity is dangerous, anyone can get seriously injured, like hurt the spine or something. Maybe I'm old school but I don't see meaning in these activities.

If the main objective of these uni orientation games is to make friends, and they do so through mindless or sexualized games, it's worrying.

I attended 2 or 3 orientation camps in NUS in the late nineties, the activities were nothing like these, I remember there were lots of team problem-solving activities for team bonding, we had to work as a team to strategize etc.

Parents whose kids took part in these activities as freshmen may be heartbroken. Really need to teach the kids to say No and walk away when forced to do mindless and senseless things. Not easy to do that in an university orientation camp when everyone is trying to fit in but a person must have the courage to stand up for himself/herself.

• Praise 9

Supersonic

Allegedly connected to Yale-NUS...

No wonder responses so light-touch. Opinions i hear on air... say like no say. Waste airtime.

• Praise 9

Turbocharged

Reminds me of army. Some go crazy when they are given their 3 stripes or choco bars. 

Even some of my own course mates go drunk with power when they are no longer trainees and were suddenly handed the reins.

• Praise 4

So now we have it.

The mindset and quality of NUS undergrads who organise and participate in these activities leaves much to be desired.

Very lame indeed.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2