Fallen tree and other objects

Zenithpool

this morning when listening to radio, seem like every corner on this island got road close due to fallen tree. Didn't count to exact but I think at least like 5-6 sites?

Anyone kana? middle of the night got heavy rain?

↡ Advertisement

I'm a very deep sleeper but was woken up by the heavy rain.... Am in d east... Expected floods this morning but was surprised to hear the radio reporting fallen trees instead... Hopefully they din hit anyone or any cars since it was in the middle of the night....

i guess early morning rain plus strong winds. encountered 1 on aye after alexandra rd. covered only half of lane 3. n the guys hv managed to clear most of the tree to the side. so not so bad jam.

this morning when listening to radio, seem like every corner on this island got road close due to fallen tree. Didn't count to exact but I think at least like 5-6 sites?

Yes. That was quite a heavy downpour around 4-6am yesterday, spreading throughout the entire country including strong winds.

how come it doesnt rain and blow strong winds during F1??? I would love to see how F1 ppl react to this kind of situation.

(edited)

Large tree falls and blocks the road along Jurong West Ave 4

Posted on 19 June 2016 9 views 0 comments

treemain.jpg

Two lanes of the road were blocked after a huge tree fell at Jurong West early this morning (June 19). 

Stompers Anonymous and Melvin sent in photos of the incident, which occurred at around 2.30am.

Anonymous said, "Luckily no tragedies happened."

Melvin said: 

"Cars were forced to make a turn back on the same road. 

"Police and SCDF arrived shortly and there was heavy sawing involved.

"As of this morning, the fallen tree has been almost cleared with just a car lane blocked up to clear up the remaining tree."

tree3.jpgtree.jpg

Edited by 2BDriver

anyway, fallen trees block road, call who ah? 999 or lta?

If you are still in doubt ? Kindly call LHL    :a-SOS:

Thank you! Police officers work tirelessly in heavy rain to keep us safe
Posted on 24 June 2016 | 8 views
  • police-main.jpg?itok=uc30lsk2
  • 20160624_1466726257_image-7c4c.jpg?itok=
  • 20160624_1466726257_image-91b5.jpg?itok=
  • 20160624_1466726257_image-f8e1.jpg?itok=
  • police-main.jpg?itok=dC-1xPxE
  • 20160624_1466726257_image-7c4c.jpg?itok=
  • 20160624_1466726257_image-91b5.jpg?itok=
  • 20160624_1466726257_image-f8e1.jpg?itok=

Stomper Audilay was heartened when he saw a group of police officers working to carry branches from a fallen tree to the side of the road this morning (June 24).

He was impressed at how tirelessly the officers were working in the heavy rain just to keep our roads safe.

The Stomper said:

"Thanks for the hard work, officers. Keep it up!"

• Praise 5

Turbocharged

the empress dowager already dead almost 1 year..and the planting trees idea was from her..so can remove all the trees already? its causing lots of inconvenience!

I guess everyone of us appreciate that we need trees. To understand the difference, just poop one to any of JB new development open car park.

However, we should look at and understand why these trees are falling. Most are caused by man made.

↡ Advertisement