How much to rent this: street legal F1 wannabe?

KARTer

or just buy the wallpaper, or toy model?? [:(]

http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/bac-mon...iven-2011-09-07

First drive: the BAC Mono

The new single-seater British hypercar takes to the streets for the very first time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCfIXLcmYUI&noredirect=1

It would be easy to dismiss the single-seat BAC Mono as another garage-build special, another

post-79015-1317344486_thumb.jpg

post-79015-1317344796_thumb.jpg

post-79015-1317344820_thumb.jpg

post-79015-1317344842_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

no windscreen so (unless things have changed recently) cant be used on roads in singapore

if you want a single seater fun - just import one - they are dirt cheap.

you can get a nice Dallara F3 car for 25k or a FJ car for as little as 5k (1k to import)

for track time you can join me at private track day (just me in an F3 car) at PG track, S$250/hour (whole track) from Feb 2012

....once you go single seat - you will never think of a road car again as anything more than a massive compromise

Century sprint 2.8 secs....that's fast....and dangerously [:p] [:p].....fun. Eyes abit stuck "stamp" cos tot number plate spelt BACON 1.....but, dun tink look too cool with one hand holding a brolly and e other hand occasionally wiping face frm the sprays or splashes of water/murky water frm passing vehicles like buses + trucks....can b v tiring but...wat a beauty still....I meant e ride, of cos.

Safe ride

Cheers

• Praise 1

Century sprint 2.8 secs....that's fast....and dangerously [:p] [:p].....fun. Eyes abit stuck "stamp" cos tot number plate spelt BACON 1.....but, dun tink look too cool with one hand holding a brolly and e other hand occasionally wiping face frm the sprays or splashes of water/murky water frm passing vehicles like buses + trucks....can b v tiring but...wat a beauty still....I meant e ride, of cos.

Safe ride

Cheers

2.8 sec in an open car, the driver will feel like its 1.4 (half of 2.8)..... his head will be thrown backward (if there's no headrest to restrain it) and end up his eyes looking striaght into the sky....

last week my kart (with new more powerful engine) gave me 4 sec sprint and that's what happened.... later i learned to dart my head forward and downward before kicking the accelerator down (like a race bike rider)

no windscreen so (unless things have changed recently) cant be used on roads in singapore

if you want a single seater fun - just import one - they are dirt cheap.

you can get a nice Dallara F3 car for 25k or a FJ car for as little as 5k (1k to import)

for track time you can join me at private track day (just me in an F3 car) at PG track, S$250/hour (whole track) from Feb 2012

....once you go single seat - you will never think of a road car again as anything more than a massive compromise

i am interested!!

i heard even a seasoned tintop racer will still have to adjust to single seater with quite a few familiarisation sessions on the track.............. the agility, acceleration, braking force, grips, G-force etc are all a few levels up.....? even the sitting/driving positions are vastly different

i tried the caterham last year, and took a good 15mins to adjust myself to the car.... but after that car n driver became one...

Only the British can come out with cars like this, which include the Atom, Cataram etc.

Anyway, Silverstone offers single seat experience at an affordable price. For those interested to experience it.

Single Seat Experience at Silverstone

i may have a chance to spend few days in UK next year..... will check out if I can try the experience...

meanwhile my weekly fix of karting will be the 'next best thing'....

↡ Advertisement