AUD foreign currency fixed deposit - which bank?

1fast1

Looks like weaken again..

Time to shore up for the australia holiday.

Anyone using UOB app to change?

SGD/AUD (SGDAUD=X)
CCY - CCY Delayed Price. Currency in AUD
Add to watchlist
1.00206+0.00010 (+0.01%)
As of 11:00PM BST. Market open.

↡ Advertisement

Anyone buying NZD also?

Is now a good price to load some?

I just put in NZD50000 at posb foreign currency fixed deposit. I got it at about 91 cents plus SINGAPORE for one NZD.

As per strategy, I apply for it to roll over monthly to get a reasonable interest rate and if the exchange rate goes in my favour I take it out. Once a month I review exchange rate. If it does not go in my favour, I let it roll over and hopefully the capital will increase to cover any loss.

NZD seems to fluctuate around the 90 cents to 1 SGD mark so I just wait lor.

Edited by Philipkee
  • Praise 1

I just put in NZD50000 at posb foreign currency fixed deposit. I got it at about 91 cents plus SINGAPORE for one NZD.

As per strategy, I apply for it to roll over monthly to get a reasonable interest rate and if the exchange rate goes in my favour I take it out. Once a month I review exchange rate. If it does not go in my favour, I let it roll over and hopefully the capital will increase to cover any loss.

NZD seems to fluctuate around the 90 cents to 1 SGD mark so I just wait lor.

Well, its a decent entry point, anything near 90cts

But the AUD with a more robust economy might be a better horse, in my opinion.

In any case, $50,000 really isnt going to move any needle

So i guess, its your pure cash portion.

Where is the other $500k sitting?

Share leh

Well, its a decent entry point, anything near 90cts

But the AUD with a more robust economy might be a better horse, in my opinion.

In any case, $50,000 really isnt going to move any needle

So i guess, its your pure cash portion.

Where is the other $500k sitting?

Share leh

Not like you so rich. But I did put another $50k in annuities and another $50k is some uob fund that pays m

e about 5% yearly (pro rated as i want monthly payou

ts).

Don't know why as I don't really believe in compound interest. I believe in early payouts which allows you to reach a certain sum that much faster that let's you re invest faster for more interest (is that compound interest by other means?).

I've been thinking of changing my hyundai accent to a Honda city and I know it makes no financial sense since my car is barely 1 1/2 years old. So now, my strategy is when I see I have enough money for a downpayment, I will give my investment advisor a call and quickly put the money in an investment. So I don't see that I have money and I get returns.

Not sure if this is good strategy for investment but then if I spent in on a car I think I would be worse off for now.

Not like you so rich. But I did put another $50k in annuities and another $50k is some uob fund that pays m

e about 5% yearly (pro rated as i want monthly payou

ts).

Don't know why as I don't really believe in compound interest. I believe in early payouts which allows you to reach a certain sum that much faster that let's you re invest faster for more interest (is that compound interest by other means?).

I've been thinking of changing my hyundai accent to a Honda city and I know it makes no financial sense since my car is barely 1 1/2 years old. So now, my strategy is when I see I have enough money for a downpayment, I will give my investment advisor a call and quickly put the money in an investment. So I don't see that I have money and I get returns.

Not sure if this is good strategy for investment but then if I spent in on a car I think I would be worse off for now.

Payouts are good too so not an issue

Car as you pointed out is just an expense.

Like a washing machine fridge aircon

Buy and write off

Just hope that your investment advisor is up to standard.

Payouts are good too so not an issue

Car as you pointed out is just an expense.

Like a washing machine fridge aircon

Buy and write off

Just hope that your investment advisor is up to standard.

• Praise 1

What's an investment advisor? The fellow at the bank who pushes you to buy an investment product when you just want to set up a fixed deposit?

Does he even know the fund manager's long term track record? Will he call you to inform you if key personnel managing the fund leaves for another firm?

I think he could be referring to his insurance agent also known as financial adviser in todays bullcrap world.

Anyone buying NZD also?

Is now a good price to load some?

Just for the record I just redeemed my NZD back to SGD. Based on calculations I earned about $650 in interest and forex from Sept to now.

I forfeited the Dec interest but I felt better to do so cos I dunno what is the future for NZD so cash out when I can.

Earnings not much. Slightly more than 1% gains in 3 months. But hey its Christmas and with a few hundred dollars i can buy some nice things for myself.

@Throttle2 I am the kiasu type. Got earn a reasonable amount I cash out. If NZD dives again might go back in again.

Edited by Philipkee

Just for the record I just redeemed my NZD back to SGD. Based on calculations I earned about $650 in interest and forex from Sept to now.

I forfeited the Dec interest but I felt better to do so cos I dunno what is the future for NZD so cash out when I can.

Earnings not much. Slightly more than 1% gains in 3 months. But hey its Christmas and with a few hundred dollars i can buy some nice things for myself.

@Throttle2 I am the kiasu type. Got earn a reasonable amount I cash out. If NZD dives again might go back in again.

Ok lah bro, any profit is better than a loss

Why so many Pigeons lol

Capella always got a lot of pigeons.

I also dont like it.

And they are very daring, will come very very close.

Easy to catch.

Edited by Throttle2
↡ Advertisement