• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
68 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 03 October 2011 - 03:45 PM

Civic6228
  • Premium member
    Civic6228
    Supercharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hello all,

Just checking with all the drivers in MCF .... Anyone uses AVIVA for their car insurance ? I am checking around as my renewal is due soon. The quote that I received from AVIVA is 20% lower than the quote I received from Chartis.

Any comments ? Anyone can to share their experience for Aviva ?

Thanks a million.

Cheers

Posted 03 October 2011 - 03:55 PM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Make sure your car is 100% stock.

When langa, please call IMMEDIATELY (not within 24 hours).

They will despatch their surveyor to look for you. Don't need to send to w/s for reporting (this is the only plus point). Save the hassle.

They are more concerned whether your car is stock or not stock. Tyre size and rim confirm sure check.

Yes, changing rims is considered mods.

Posted 03 October 2011 - 03:57 PM

Matchy
  • Matchy
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Hello all,

Just checking with all the drivers in MCF .... Anyone uses AVIVA for their car insurance ? I am checking around as my renewal is due soon. The quote that I received from AVIVA is 20% lower than the quote I received from Chartis.

Thanks a million.

Cheers

i guess most stock car will use aviva...only those mod car will avoid as they have a policy to void policy upon accidents if insured car is mod without informing

Posted 03 October 2011 - 04:27 PM

Mllcg
  • Premium member
    Mllcg
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

i guess most stock car will use aviva...only those mod car will avoid as they have a policy to void policy upon accidents if insured car is mod without informing

hi.

u are here too? biggrin.gif

Posted 03 October 2011 - 04:42 PM

Vega
  • Vega
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

some other insurance coy is following aviva foot step. A*A is one.

Posted 03 October 2011 - 04:50 PM

Tarquin
  • Premium member
    Tarquin
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

some other insurance coy is following aviva foot step. A*A is one.

A*A as in X in the middle?? ohmy.gif

I'm on that coy now...never see the fine print about mod getting voided insurance???

Posted 03 October 2011 - 04:51 PM

Elfenstar
  • Premium member
    Elfenstar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Hello all,

Thanks a million.

Cheers

I am. So far so good lah. I have emails confirming that my upsize of wheels is fine, although should there be an accident, they'll only replace with OEM steel wheels.

What you have to beware of is not to modify, so no eibach springs, coilovers, aftermarket air filters, etc. Cosmetic they are fine. Also reporting procedure is per what Kanga stated.

"I drift not because it is a quicker way around a corner, but it is the most exciting way"
- Keiichi Tsuchiya

Posted 03 October 2011 - 05:08 PM

Ahyoo2002
  • Ahyoo2002
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

How about other things such as battery? Car HU?

Posted 03 October 2011 - 05:13 PM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

How about other things such as battery? Car HU?

If your car catch fire, maybe they will look into these. biggrin.gif

Mine got langa from behind, so they take peektures of my stock tyres and steel rims and tyre specs on driver's door panel besides those damages.

Pckwpckw
  • Pckwpckw
    Banned

Hello all,

Thanks a million.

Cheers

i find that aviva a lot of hidden cost. Chartis is a bit expensive but value for money

Vega
  • Vega
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

A*A as in X in the middle?? ohmy.gif

I'm on that coy now...never see the fine print about mod getting voided insurance???

there is a question: any modification Yes/No? once you tick yes, they will ask ton of questions and most like reject.
if you tick No, make sure you dont get into an accident if you mod your ride.

good luck.

Posted 03 October 2011 - 05:17 PM

Civic6228
  • Premium member
    Civic6228
    Supercharged
    Author Image

I appreciate all the inputs. I shall likely stay with Chartis, Aviva has quoted 20% cheaper which is very tempting. But if there are hidden "terms and conditions", I would rather pay the extra.

In most cases, I guess 90% of drivers do not bother to read the "fine print" in the insurance policy.

Posted 03 October 2011 - 05:27 PM

Tarquin
  • Premium member
    Tarquin
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

I appreciate all the inputs. I shall likely stay with Chartis, Aviva has quoted 20% cheaper which is very tempting. But if there are hidden "terms and conditions", I would rather pay the extra.

In most cases, I guess 90% of drivers do not bother to read the "fine print" in the insurance policy.

Guilty as charged laugh.gif laugh.gif

Posted 03 October 2011 - 08:11 PM

Z_Dash
  • Z_Dash
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Have heard enough to avoid aviva unless car gonna be stock.
Heard even aftermarket replacement parts from workshop would also consider "mod" so long its not from the manufacturer......anyone can verify this?

Posted 03 October 2011 - 08:12 PM

Ghostami
  • Ghostami
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Base on my previous experience with them, send them the list of mods you have to confirm approve by them or not.

Posted 03 October 2011 - 11:20 PM

Matchy
  • Matchy
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

hi.

u are here too? biggrin.gif

u know me?

smile.gif

Posted 03 October 2011 - 11:39 PM

Booboon
  • Booboon
    6th Gear
    Author Image

change wiper blade consider mod?
Nick Foo, 37
IT Trainer
Sometimes I quite Eng.

Posted 03 October 2011 - 11:44 PM

Mllcg
  • Premium member
    Mllcg
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

u know me?

smile.gif

from HWZ. lol

Posted 03 October 2011 - 11:46 PM

Jonjees
  • Jonjees
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Hello all,

Thanks a million.

Cheers

aviva is really the worst insurance to be taking up.
just too fussy....too much hassle when trying to make a proper claim.

Posted 03 October 2011 - 11:51 PM

Dafansu
  • Premium member
    Dafansu
    Supercharged
    Author Image

too many nonsense from them recently, pay a bit more for the better one

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: Aviva, Insurance

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users