Used BMW 320i or Lexus IS250?

20G

I would say, it really depends on yr rides, I used to owned this 2 cars back then, 3bmw lacked power when going upslope and merely cruising on highway, once you come to a red light, look right, you gonna to see another Merc or 5Bmw, you're gonna to change sooner than expected, besides those service call gonna to kill U faster than U dare think, and its really thristy, when you're on heavy-footed.

IS 250 was a tad better, power wif steady hand, Luxury class of Toyo, if you have big family, I would not recommend it coz it rear wheeled drive, hence the back is smaller & tight bump in the centre, however if you like your ride and careless on passenger, then U will enjoy for years to come.

In terms of both cars, both have their characteristics and temperament, but i forgo the German badge and took 'L' due to service and maintenance was much lighter on my wallet. Of the 2 cars, Get what is best on past driving experiences, like another brother mentioned, do consider the 325 too, less cramp and comfy too, but the ride will cost more . . . U decide !

Tis end Oct will be my 4th years riding my Lux and enjoying it.

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

what kind of stupid reply is this?????

he asking 320 and is250...

and you say..if you must choose between the two....u say 325???

just like you asking is KFC or Texas Fried chicken nicer....

and i say...if you must choose between the 2 i suggest buy iphone

u were waiting for this chance to shoot, weren't u? -_-

Edited by 20G

Depends on what is important to your friend...

Prestige...BMW 320i.

"value for money" Lexus I250.

For me I won't chose the E90 320 for 2 reason.

1) 3 series is small...dunno where all the space gone to.

2) inline 4 engine (which I think is the same as the previous generation 318is engine)

3) Boring interior.

I say "value for money" for I250 is becos...I think its also over priced. [:p]

I say...get the Mark X instead. [laugh][laugh]

Mark X's depre is close to the IS250's. might as well go for the more 'atas' one.. [laugh]

wonder why the IS250 is so over priced..

Dont sound right. U mean yr friend thinks the 320i got better oomp feeling ????

The horror stories abt its reliablity is true. I have 2 working collegUes driving the 320i...........tons of problems!!!! [laugh]

thanks for the input guys.

A4's depre is much higher than the 2 cars mentioned. no mercs, coz no matter how he looked at it, it juz doesn't hv the 'oomp' factor to him.

and so, as expected, E90 is higly recommended. wat are the usual things that we gotta look out for? does it breaks down as often as wat others claimed? :)

Dont sound right. U mean yr friend thinks the 320i got better oomp feeling ????

The horror stories abt its reliablity is true. I have 2 working collegUes driving the 320i...........tons of problems!!!! [laugh]

ya.. coz Merc's to him is uncle's car...

i think i better advise him to stay off 320i. dun think his weak heart can take all the nonsense if he were to go ahead and get the bimmer.. maybe can psycho him to get golf gti. [laugh]

Dep is about the same...maybe...but purchase price is hevlla diff...

From SG carmart...

Best spec Mark X is 157K vs basic spec IS250 195K....

Nevermind lah....38K park inside the bank feeling is damn shiok...to chose 38K and how lian...I chose 38K. Nevermind how lian...cos got many other people cars is nicer than the IS250. [:p]

Tis end Oct will be my 4th years riding my Lux and enjoying it.

I am into my 2nd year. No regrets. Servicing cost is cheap like hell compared to PML. Even my previous Audi cabriolet dont cost so much in terms of servicing and problems.

• Praise 1

WTF!! i tot it was bad, but this is incredible.. literally 'Mamamia!'.. hahahaha..

think i wld suggest to my fren to get the Lexus instead. he wld probably be a happier man if he drives the IS250..

Mamamia!!! Fark. hahaha. When I was shown the job sheet for my wife's 320 that time, I was like....gosh. The car was less than 5 years and 50k km on clock. Serviced deligently. Every PML visit is like more than $1k...faithfully pay....

Now go Borneo, got ice cream eat....aunty pang teh for u to lim. Bill come...all few hundreds. Full fluid change plus gearbox...affordable $495 NETT. all transparent costing. No problems whatsoever with car.... Happy man....

Even my own Audi was not as memorable as the Beemer....in terms of bills of course and repairs... :angry:

Dep is about the same...maybe...but purchase price is hevlla diff...

From SG carmart...

Best spec Mark X is 157K vs basic spec IS250 195K....

Nevermind lah....38K park inside the bank feeling is damn shiok...to chose 38K and how lian...I chose 38K. Nevermind how lian...cos got many other people cars is nicer than the IS250. [:p]

Different lah..might as well go buy Camry lah

Mamamia!!! Fark. hahaha. When I was shown the job sheet for my wife's 320 that time, I was like....gosh. The car was less than 5 years and 50k km on clock. Serviced deligently. Every PML visit is like more than $1k...faithfully pay....

Now go Borneo, got ice cream eat....aunty pang teh for u to lim. Bill come...all few hundreds. Full fluid change plus gearbox...affordable $495 NETT. all transparent costing. No problems whatsoever with car.... Happy man....

Even my own Audi was not as memorable as the Beemer....in terms of bills of course and repairs... :angry:

ya right, lexus service center wait room is indeed first class!!! [thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie

Got a second hand 3 years old 320i 5 months ago and went for the 30k servicing at PML. since then, enjoy every minutes on the road. no regrets of getting the car. as for people who claim problems with the car, don't think so

In term of power...BMW 320 is very weak compare to IS250...150hp vs 205hp....tq is 200 vs 250....

in term of space i think quite similar....

in term of fuel consumption...Is250 slightly better

in term of looks...i prefer IS250

i term of status...go for 320...but people will think that u r poor man trying to act rich....

i think Mark X ( the old version) is a better alternative if ur fren dun mind a toyota brand...power and space better than the above 2 options

the looks can be oustanding if install vertiga bodykit

post-73395-1317887146_thumb.jpg

Different lah..might as well go buy Camry lah

Diff lah bro...Mark X is a Jipunese Kah....

Camry is a SawadiKAH !! [laugh][laugh][laugh]

And confirm got ice cream to eat at the service centre...provided that you remember to bring yourself.

When i ask my friends who drive a 320 about high servicing cost, they feel that it is acceptable as the servicing interval is 15K which to some is like yearly mileage. To them is like service once a year compared to Jap make which need at least 2x a year(10k interval). So the cost of maintainence about the same, not much diff.

Neutral Newbie

Yes Leeke,

you're spot on. The thing about 320i is people saying " can't afford a bmw, get something else. 4 potter is a shame." Then comes the 318i....

Yes Leeke,

you're spot on. The thing about 320i is people saying " can't afford a bmw, get something else. 4 potter is a shame." Then comes the 318i....

yeah....this is wat i heard too...BMW famous for its inline 6 engine....a 4 potter really a shame...btw 318 and 320 not much different la....

the only big diff between 320 and 318 is the aircon vent at the back and 320 OMV higher of coz....

I still feel comfortable in my seats, as well as my family members in Lexus (Changed from IS and now GS); hopefully can earn enough and drive a LS in the future. If you go for comfort more than power but still demand respect for performance, than IS is a cool choice. If you chose to drive and dream to be a F1 driver, than chose 320.

Btw, I had drove 320 to KL before, and really in situation like traffic jams, expressway and long distance travelling, you will appreciate IS / Lexus more than BMW in terms of the comfort (the car seats).

Another thought is that there are many BMWs on the road, so unless you drive a 6 series, or M series and above, Lexus is seldom seen and is appreciated on the road for IS sporty look.