Motor Universe Enterprise - Liar

Rubberstamp

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.ph...769&DL=1163

This is my relative's car.

He just sold it a few weeks back.

I had dinner with family yesterday and he told me his mileage was 63k km.

And not what is advertised.

Buyers beware of them!

Edited by Rubberstamp
↡ Advertisement

Many many second hand cars are specially prep to make it look solid and low mileage.

It's open secret.

Buy from direct owner....buyer don't trust the owner honestly.

But buy from second hand car dealers....buyer love to be pampered, lied, and sweet talk.

People like the sweet talk and ignorance is bliss buying experiences.

That is why second hand car delearship can survive.

It's true, OPEN secret. Not only the mentioned dealers did this I supposed.

Low mileage is the gimmicks, buyers buying used cars will want the mileage to be low!

Even you know they adjusting the mileage, who will want to pursuit the matter, time & evidence?

Just move on bro, this is sweet lies........

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.ph...769&DL=1163

This is my relative's car.

He just sold it a few weeks back.

I had dinner with family yesterday and he told me his mileage was 63k km.

And not what is advertised.

Buyers beware of them!

Actually dealers pick their cars selectively when it comes to adjusting mileage. Most of the time if it's a car that has been serviced with the agent, the dealer is unlikely to try to tamper with it. On the other hand if it's a PI car, chances of adjusting mileage will be higher as the records are not so easily available. That said while the dealer might be dishonest, if it's a rare car and if nothing is wrong mechanically, then i guess one has to accept the fact that the car is a high mileage one.

Many many second hand cars are specially prep to make it look solid and low mileage.

It's open secret.

Buy from direct owner....buyer don't trust the owner honestly.

But buy from second hand car dealers....buyer love to be pampered, lied, and sweet talk.

People like the sweet talk and ignorance is bliss buying experiences.

That is why second hand car delearship can survive.

Just clink on the link .... and the mileage is not indicated .... I am confused now .... so did the car dealer adjust the mileage or not ?

But this is a common practice among car dealers in Singapore and there is currently no law protecting the comsumer ... I personally consider adjusting the mileage for a resale car as "cheating" ....

Just clink on the link .... and the mileage is not indicated .... I am confused now .... so did the car dealer adjust the mileage or not ?

But this is a common practice among car dealers in Singapore and there is currently no law protecting the comsumer ... I personally consider adjusting the mileage for a resale car as "cheating" ....

it IS cheating.

consumer rights in sg certainly has a lonngg way to go.

i've nv trusted used car salesman after getting my first car from them. to me they're a bunch of con men. :angry:

Just say it this way. Presumed that I am selling my high mileage car away . If I can't find a direct buyer, I will sell it to car dealers. And when they see my car is high mileage, they will have "something" to say before offering you the best price.

Alternatively, I just pay $50- $80 and adjust the mileage on my own ( assume that my car did not service in ad ) , and selling my car to car dealer, they did another adjustment......this means double "cheating "...... but who knows?????

So I think buying an used car is just luck. You test out the car, you like the ride, you buy it, as simple as that. Of course I'm not encouraging meter adjusting and I am also not a car dealer, but frankly, all this mileage adjustment is not longer new, it had been "practising" for decades...................IMHO

Just get the same work shop that does the interior cleaning, engine washing and outside polishing to prep your car the next time you want to sell car.

There is but hard to accuse. Remember that had read a topic in here, a lady "caught" a dealer doing this, and the dealer agree to pay her $2000 compensate, and I think they settled privately. Case closed!

why there is no law against tampering?

There is but hard to accuse. Remember that had read a topic in here, a lady "caught" a dealer doing this, and the dealer agree to pay her $2000 compensate, and I think they settled privately. Case closed!

hmmm, maybe all sellers should start taking photo of their mileage. If dealer temper it, can easily blackmail them a few $K :D

Neutral Newbie

lol..this dealer..gotten a used 323 from them back den in 2008...upon viewing the car, i can see that the car has been modified. while they are trying to sweet talk to my dad, i mentioned that the car has been modified with lowering springs, and CAI filter. the salesman insist that the car is in pure stock condition.

until during the test drive, i prove it to the salesman and den he kept quiet after that. [rifle]

lol..this dealer..gotten a used 323 from them back den in 2008...upon viewing the car, i can see that the car has been modified. while they are trying to sweet talk to my dad, i mentioned that the car has been modified with lowering springs, and CAI filter. the salesman insist that the car is in pure stock condition.

until during the test drive, i prove it to the salesman and den he kept quiet after that. [rifle]

[laugh] good what got freebies....buy eg ek even more... [laugh]

Edited by Ithunk
↡ Advertisement