Alfas and Saabs beyond 150k mileage

Juzzme

Looking to get a 05/06 Alfa 147 2.0 Selespeed or Saab 93. Both depreciation ard 7+k if i hold for 3-4 yrs. Trying to get a sense of how these will hold up in terms of reliability over that period. I know in europe cars clock much higher mileage, but i'm looking at a local context (availability of parts/ mechs).

Anyone can share experience?

↡ Advertisement

i drove an eg which has about 180 000 km before and the driving experience was like it was new

lol maybe not new but yeah its ok for parts i think u will have to check with the alfa community

however even new cars out of the factory will have problems....so for car that is driven on the road previously would be better and engine parts are being used and in motion

if u r looking at reliability, and choosing between these 2 cars, personally will go with the saab.

saab parts would be harder to find in my opinion....i dun see many saabs on the road...although the vehicle is rare

alfas would be more common and certain parts can be shared

anyway the fiat group owns alfa romeo likewise with all the other italian makes

but yeah there can be very high end alfa romeos likewise for ferraris and maseratis

Edited by Ithunk

I currently owned a 6 year 130000km 9-5.

Really nice car to drive. Was also considering the 159 but don't really like selespeed.

Maintenance around 1-3k per year.

IMHO, it's reasonable considering depreciation has already been borned by previous owners.

Never had a problem with parts b4.

However given that it's an old car, be prepared to drop by workshop around at least once every 3-4 months minor repairs here and there.

Owned the car for 1.5 years.

Total repairs and general servicing excluding mods spent around 4.5k for the last 18 months.

↡ Advertisement