International School in JB

Kelpie

Hi there,

Anyone or friends actually put their children in JB International Schools? Can share some tips here? There are few like Ara, Utama and Austin, which offers the British education system.

Thank you very much.

Regards,

↡ Advertisement

Have to check with MOE the degree is recognized or not?

Most likely they wont be recognized here lor . They will rather recognized those 3 world degree from India, Philippines. You can see so many FTs from India/Philippines with IT degree can work here in Singapore , well paid like 10K a month. Maybe we can send our children to India instead. <_<

Most likely they wont be recognized here lor . They will rather recognized those 3 world degree from India, Philippines. You can see so many FTs from India/Philippines with IT degree can work here in Singapore , well paid like 10K a month. Maybe we can send our children to India instead. <_<

TS is talking about international school following british education system, and here you are talking about foreign degree programmes... [rolleyes] Totally two different things.

Of course it's better to check with MOE first, as the rules have changed recently - but I think the environment is more liberalised now, as in, more freedom and more choice.

It depends on the programme offered by the international school, e.g. secondary education leading to IGCSE or IB is likely to be recognised by local universities here. After all, independent schools here are also offering IB.

Haha..how I wish my kids are now studying degree courses [laugh] . Thats the problem of having kids at a later age [:(] .

As for the FT, not relevant here lah -_- .

Regards,

TS is talking about international school following british education system, and here you are talking about foreign degree programmes... [rolleyes] Totally two different things.

Of course it's better to check with MOE first, as the rules have changed recently - but I think the environment is more liberalised now, as in, more freedom and more choice.

It depends on the programme offered by the international school, e.g. secondary education leading to IGCSE or IB is likely to be recognised by local universities here. After all, independent schools here are also offering IB.

So long following IGCSE, should have no issue. After all, best is to later send them to go overseas Ang Mo universities then go back to Singapore to work. Machiam treated like Foreign Talent later [scholar].

Trying to find out whether anyone have recommendation on any International Schools in JB.

Regards,

ICGSE and IB this 2 is International Worldwide recognize one

so if a school offer it..no issue liao

go where apply using IB is no issue

There are about 5~6 reputable Internationals School in JB. School fees are pretty close, for primary school, it is usually around S$7K a year minus deposit and registration fees, which could be a couple of thousand $S.

More concern about the student mix and the educational standard in such schools as I can't find statistics to compare. Some claimed to produce students that scored many As in ICGSE but I can't be sure.

Regards,

↡ Advertisement