C200 Kompressor (W204)

Polkadots

Hi Guys,

I am new to Conti rides. Have stucked with Jap rides for years.

Recently the market situation forced me to liquidate my investments and fortunately I am not too late to pull out and made a little profits. Now, I have loved the look of the new C-class the first time I saw it and shopped around before deciding to get a 2nd-hand 2+ years old C200 Kompressor Avantgarde. It looked to be in great condition, well-maintained and has low mileage ( < 15k km/year) but i can never know what type of thrashing it has taken over the last 2+ years. So I decided to send it in for STA inspection. Should be receiving the results soon.

Meanwhile, I have some questions below I hope someone will be able to help:

1) Exactly how exhaustive are these STA inspections? Do they look into all aspect of the car's health eg. encoutered accident before, swam in the flooded basement parking of Orchard road, badly thrashed? Any hints?

2) I was considering getting a new C180 with the 1.6ltr engine but felt that the 1.6ltr will be stressed more than the 1.8ltr engine. Hence, I settled for the C200 (it is also cheaper). I have already committed to the C200 in a hurry, I must say, due to the rising COE. Have i made a stupid decision? Be frank, but also be mindful that the price diff between the new C180 and the C200 is like $50K - $55k.

Thanks guys.

Edited by Polkadots
↡ Advertisement

Hi Guys,

I am new to Conti rides. Have stucked with Jap rides for years.

Recently the market situation forced me to liquidate my investments and fortunately I am not too late to pull out and made a little profits. Now, I have loved the look of the new C-class the first time I saw it and shopped around before deciding to get a 2nd-hand 2+ years old C200 Kompressor Avantgarde. It looked to be in great condition, well-maintained and has low mileage ( < 15k km/year) but i can never know what type of thrashing it has taken over the last 2+ years. So I decided to send it in for STA inspection. Should be receiving the results soon.

Meanwhile, I have some questions below I hope someone will be able to help:

1) Exactly how exhaustive are these STA inspections? Do they look into all aspect of the car's health eg. encoutered accident before, swam in the flooded basement parking of Orchard road, badly thrashed? Any hints?

2) I was considering getting a new C180 with the 1.6ltr engine but felt that the 1.6ltr will be stressed more than the 1.8ltr engine. Hence, I settled for the C200 (it is also cheaper). I have already committed to the C200 in a hurry, I must say, due to the rising COE. Have i made a stupid decision? Be frank, but also be mindful that the price diff between the new C180 and the C200 is like $50K - $55k.

Thanks guys.

I was also considering the 1.6 new c180 and 2nd hand too. But considering full loan, after all the discounts throw in by c&c, seems like mthly installment between the new c and 2nd hand is about the same. Not forgetting new c comes with higher coe. I had not seems any 2nd hand c. Just got the price idea from sgcarmart.

Was wondering did I miss anything? Is the price at sgcarmart accurate or will dealers normally throw in additional discount when u visit them? I would prefer to get the 2nd hand if can save in mthly. But if it's about the same as the new car. Then buying new seems make more sense.

Can help to advise if the price shown in sgcarmart is the actual selling price? Sorry for asking stupid question as i had not bought a 2nd hand car before.

Hi guys,

Just did a engine oil change on my c180 w204 kompressor model and noticed the engine oil stated was 7 litre, is the engine oil capacity so big ? Drive a w211 before but cant recall using so much engine engine oil.

Hi guys,

Just did a engine oil change on my c180 w204 kompressor model and noticed the engine oil stated was 7 litre, is the engine oil capacity so big ? Drive a w211 before but cant recall using so much engine engine oil.

Perhaps they did a flush? According to this site, the EO capacity of the W204 C200K is 5.5 litres.

http://oil-change.info/mercedes-benz-c-class-w204-s204-c204-2007-2014-engine-oil-capacity/

Hope that helps.

↡ Advertisement