Good workshop in jb

Remixes

Used to go Hawk Tayar but I find they are getting many inexperienced mechanics and also very hard selling, No longer going to them anymore!

Now I always go for Hup Heng Tyres & Trading, their mechanics are more experienced and the prices reasonble, most important is no hard selling at all. It is very prominent, they have alots of rims displayed outside, just around the corner of shell station.

No. 69, Jalan Badik 1, Taman Sri Tebrau, Johor Bahru, 80050, Johor Bahru, Johor, 80050, Malaysia +60 7-331 3577

Edited by Alphas
  • Praise 1

Just went over the JB to do normal servicing. Brought my own engine oil, oil filter, oil drain plug gasket, air filter and spark plugs. Labour at 25RM. Was at a neighbourhood tyre shop. No complains. Went to Hawk Tayar many times before, just trying something different this time.

For normal servicing, I believe any workshops can do. Unless your ride is those rare ones in JB. I've yet to come across 10RM labour yet for servicing.

Neutral Newbie

Looking to bring my own spark plugs, ignition coil, plug cable, rocker cover gasket and plug seal into JB to change. Any idea what's the going rate for labour now? 

Read around that Hawk Tayar is very popular but is it still a good choice now?

• Praise 1

i hv tried Hawk tayar twice last yr. both times satisfied with their service n price. they will not ask u to change things that u dont need to. 

Which outlet u went to?

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Which outlet u went to?

the branch nearest when coming in by CIQ. the junction aft pelangi mall. but only thing is their engine oil is quite expensive. so wat i normally do is bring my own oil. other things though not the cheapest in jb, i still trust them not to carrot-head me.

• Praise 1

the branch nearest when coming in by CIQ. the junction aft pelangi mall. but only thing is their engine oil is quite expensive. so wat i normally do is bring my own oil. other things though not the cheapest in jb, i still trust them not to carrot-head me.

Do u hv their address bro?

I need to replace my front suspension lower arm bushings.

My front tyres are scrubbing against the fenders on hard cornering :a-confused:

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

Do u hv their address bro?

http://hawktayar.com.my/contact.php

i usually either go the one at jln perisai. or if going with family, i will go at sutera mall. put the car there n can go shopping n makan.

I need to replace my front suspension lower arm bushings.

My front tyres are scrubbing against the fenders on hard cornering :a-confused:

if hawk tayar don hv, u can try jen auto. recommended by my colleague. he has been going there. jus changed his engine mounting there last sat. spore shop quoted 400+, there only RM700

i usually either go the one at jln perisai. or if going with family, i will go at sutera mall. put the car there n can go shopping n makan.

if hawk tayar don hv, u can try jen auto. recommended by my colleague. he has been going there. jus changed his engine mounting there last sat. spore shop quoted 400+, there only RM700

Thx bro [:)]

• Praise 1

Any clue what HT's charges are like if I bring my own oil?

Turbocharged

Any clue what HT's charges are like if I bring my own oil?

change of oil charge is 25rm if i remember correctly. oil filter is abt 20rm.

• Praise 1

this hawktayar workshop . . . . :a-bang:  . . . . .

last week, I arrived from KL in my fren's volvo, so went there for just tyre balancing and alignment.....

after spending both $ and whopping 2 hours there, the car's condition worsened and wobbling like crazy!!!

ask why; and they replied with crazy answers of this broke & that wear & tear...... bla bla bla.....

pissed off, we drove to further jalan serembang and try our last chance on a workshop there before heading ciq

viola! less than 10min with again 1/4 the price from the above - car feels smooth and travel straight.....

ask why.... the boss said the alignment was way way misaligned and tyres are way way inbalancing (sticked with rows of weights!!!) 

crazy workmenships!

so be warned on the abovementioned workshop !!!

Neutral Newbie

Like many Singaporeans, i decided to stretch my dollar by going to JB to repair my 10 year old car. So, i started googling, came across some great reviews on this place called Jet Cheng Auto Service. Paid the workshop a visit. The guy, was friendly and seem honest so i did my repairs. Later, i found out that he used inferior parts and the problem can be. I decided to get the parts from Singapore, and asked for his quote, in the end his quote was as high as doing the job in Singapore. Was surprised. But i concluded, that since he told me that all his clients ate Singapore cars, he probably felt he cut increase the price as high as possible. I found another JB workshop, that is half his price. Bottom line, do you homework and dont trust what is written in the internet. This guy told me he got sone friends to write good reviews of his workshop. So, do ypur homrwork.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2