Why do people commit suicide?

Cook1234

What u say is something that is more on philosophical/religioius type of view. I am not saying its wrong but usually ppl who are contemplating suicide will not be able to relate to such moralistic thinking. They already in deep despair or depression, life is like a prison of suffering to them. Everyday they live is a waking nightmare.

A more sympathetic approach to encourage them that life is worth living and help them look on the brighter would be more helpful than just preaching to them.

Precisely.

I despise preachers who try to force their 'moralistic' views and even worse, their religion on you, making an already bad thing worse.

Turbocharged

i think some of you should 留点口德

many of the suicides are due to depression or certain extent of mental illness

those in serious conditions tend to hear voices telling them to end their life

sad cases, so we should not make fun of it

If you want to commit suicide and leave your family and loved ones heart broken, so be it. Its your choice.

But if you want to commit suicide.. and bring your kid along with you.. den to me you are a murderer. A selfish murderer.

What u say is something that is more on philosophical/religioius type of view. I am not saying its wrong but usually ppl who are contemplating suicide will not be able to relate to such moralistic thinking. They already in deep despair or depression, life is like a prison of suffering to them. Everyday they live is a waking nightmare.

A more sympathetic approach to encourage them that life is worth living and help them look on the brighter would be more helpful than just preaching to them.

care to explain what is sympathetic approach??

I always think you need lots of courage to commit suicide, dont think it is so easy to step out that first step. But i believe those people who commit suicide usually either they have no hope or they might did it impulse.

often we hear of news of people jumping or drowning to their deaths.

y do people do it?

i think mostly is either because of broken heart or broken wallet, ie either love or money problems.

does anyone have any different views?

Because they want to die.

if something becomes too meanless. one will chose to leave it. Guess when living get meaningless. There will be ppl who believe they can leave this life and move on to another new life.

care to explain what is sympathetic approach??

I'll give anwers like the polar bear.....Bavarian... :D

A sympathetic approach is when one does not use the word...SINKIE or term(s) associated to it when offering an approach to the issue here! [laugh]

• Praise 1

sometimes at that point of time, you just decide to end it all..some can say that it is escaping reality, not willing to face it...but there are a lot of reasons why one would commit suicide (heartbroken / debts / anger / sickness etc.)

It is always good to have true friends who can be by your side listening to your problems all even just being physically there. It speaks a lot and comforts.

Committing suicide takes courage .... and is definitely not the way out of problems..

Edited by Iwant
  • Praise 1

Taking ones own life under any circumstances is morally and spiritually wrong.

Taking ones own life owing to frustration or disappointment only causes greater suffering.

Suicide is a cowardly way to end ones problems of life.

A person cannot commit suicide if his mind is pure and tranquil.

If one leaves this world with a confused and frustrated mind, it is most unlikely that he would be born again in a better condition.

Suicide is an unwholesome or unskilful act since it is encouraged by a mind filled with greed, hatred and delusion.

Those who commit suicide have not learnt how to face their problems, how to face the facts of life, and how to use their mind in a proper manner.

Such people have not been able to understand the nature of life and worldly conditions.

I totally don't agree with your statement and You don't really understand why some people wanted or did it. Did you ever try to understand why people want to commit suicide ?

I was in that position 14 years ago and somehow can understand why some took the path.