Difference between buying from AD and parallel importer

Ssbcc

Can the bros with experience tell me the difference between buying a car from an authorised dealer versus parallel importer?

Aside from the price difference is there anything to be aware of?

Thanks.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Can the bros with experience tell me the difference between buying a car from an authorised dealer versus parallel importer?

Thanks.

1. Reliability of the PI

2. Service centre PI offers for free services and warranty

Again it depends on the car you buy. When you buy a 250k car, you should not mind spending the difference to get the car from AD to have complete peace of mind!

1) PI car insurance higher.

2) Spare parts harder to get if you buy a PI car model that current AD does not carry.

3) If you buy a PI conti, you will given second class treatment by AD if your car is adopted by the AD.

1. Reliability of the PI

2. Service centre PI offers for free services and warranty

Again it depends on the car you buy. When you buy a 250k car, you should not mind spending the difference to get the car from AD to have complete better peace of mind!

i think it is more likely to be the case of "better" than "complete"....

Neutral Newbie

PI cars although cheaper, but omv lower, it all work back to square one, u buy high u sell high , u buy low u sell low. & after service also one issue, heard bf wrkshop close dwn? no warrenty/ free servicing dont noe who to find,

better get AD for peace of mind, it all depend on individual , i encounted Bad experience fr PI before. also if u buying above 100k car, better buy AD

• Praise 1

1) PI car insurance higher.

2) Spare parts harder to get if you buy a PI car model that current AD does not carry.

3) If you buy a PI conti, you will given second class treatment by AD if your car is adopted by the AD.

1) No higher car insurance higher from PI.

Insurance is based on driver who owns the car. No difference lah

2 & 3) Some PI extend 5-7yrs warranty. for Conti car, servicing sure much cheaper than AD.

For parts it depends, AD also needs to wait

• Praise 1

Thanks.

if you rich, go for AD but if you consider worth the value then go for PI.

Must go for PI that is reliable. There a a few good ones.. help you save and reliable. The difference can be great.

Like with $40k difference, you can use this amt to be adopted by AD for servicing. but most of the time, will go to the list of PI recommended workshop cos they are cheaper and can be reliable too

Thanks.

1) One thing to note, AD may have the bulk orders/ available stock so you may get the car earlier then PI. (not all cases, it depends on the colour/ model/ etc)

2) Some car PI carries but no AD.

I experienced with good PI, helped me with COE bidding at good times with updated news and dont need to top up. AD likes to use excuse, like when car comes then bid and then ask you to top up.

Some AD good, guarantee COE.. so just be careful with those details.

All depends on who your salesperson... heng suay or depends who you liaise

Duh...Who dunno depends on driver occupation, experience etc.

What I am saying is that you try same brand, same car category (eg. PI allion & AD altis), same driver, get a quote and you will see the difference in premium.

Thanks.

For PI cars they are not localized version.

This means the menus and indicators might be in japanese if you had bought a PI Jap car.

Also OMV might be different too. For some PI cars their omvs can actually be higher.

Warranty for PI cars will be from a workshop.

So if you have an issue, it will depend on the workshop to fix it.

The workshops usually will not have the same backing, inventory and expertise as AD.

For AD cars they will troubleshoot accordingly and if it is a tricky issue, they will even loan a car to you.

My advise is this.... if you are buying an expensive car, go the AD route.

If it is just any bread and butter car with lots of parts readily available, PI is better.

It depends on the PI.

I've owned 2 PI cars (non B&B) in the last 10 years, maintaining the car will require a workshop that knows the car well. Parts is not a problem if you know which stockists to get.

Nope PI does not support recalls.

PI cars although cheaper, but omv lower, it all work back to square one, u buy high u sell high , u buy low u sell low. & after service also one issue, heard bf wrkshop close dwn? no warrenty/ free servicing dont noe who to find,

better get AD for peace of mind, it all depend on individual , i encounted Bad experience fr PI before. also if u buying above 100k car, better buy AD

Actually its wrong..BMW PI omv is higher than PML and you still save about 30-50k depending on the models.

And lots and lots of workshop in Sin Ming can service a BMW better than PML!! go read horror stories abt PML! haha

• Praise 2

2 & 3) Some PI extend 5-7yrs warranty. for Conti car, servicing sure much cheaper than AD.

For parts it depends, AD also needs to wait

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have you ever bought anything from a PI? 5-7 yr warranty? It doesn't mean s--t even if it's 50-70 years - WHEN A CLAIM ARISES, THEY WILL NEVER HONOR IT. This is the hard truth. NEVER NEVER NEVER BUY FROM A PI. Save yourself the headache. It isn't worth it.

• Praise 1

Actually its wrong..BMW PI omv is higher than PML and you still save about 30-50k depending on the models.

And lots and lots of workshop in Sin Ming can service a BMW better than PML!! go read horror stories abt PML! haha

However if one day you LL have to go to PML to service that recurring issue, be prepared to pay some clandestine registration fee that cost a bomb. I know that thats true for mercs w.r.t. C&C.

↡ Advertisement