How to calculate whether the used car is worth to buy?

Spartan

Used car dealers are like blood suckers. Back then, a camry 2.4 in Mar 2009 only cost $81k. Now if you filter and look at the car, how much does it cost for a same year car? Yes, they need to earn, but it is also them who jack up the new car price. If you can get a relatively new 2nd hand car at really lower price, will you go for a brand new car? Chances are yes, you will. But for those really plan their budget well, they will go for 2nd hand car. Afterall, there is no much different. It is only the price of secondhand is so near to new car that people rather look at new car than secondhand car. There should be a limit to how much a dealer can peg their cars to sell. Normally they tell you economy bad, tell you your car no value. Quoted you paper(COE) + PARF + Body. After they take over, they will tell customer Paper + PARF + Body + they need to earn. They need to earn about 15k to 20k a car. What I can suggest to fellow bro here is, take the PARF + COE + Body and see how much. Depending on the mileage, condition of the car and add about 5k to 8k to the dealer. That should be about right. 15k to 20k is hilarious.

frankly speaking, is there any dealer that add 5-8k that list in sgcarmart?

or all list at sgcarmart negotiable at least less 5-8k?

↡ Advertisement

Paper value + Body Value = Value of Used Car

Paper value - can check on LTA OneMotoring website when you dereg the car, what is the PARF Value + COE Rebate

Body Value - check with dealers or scrap yard

*Body value depends condition, mileage of used car etc, whether scrap or export. Value fluctuates according to demand from other countries

Edited by Alim

Paper value + Body Value = Value of Used Car

Paper value - can check on LTA OneMotoring website when you dereg the car, what is the PARF Value + COE Rebate

Body Value - check with dealers or scrap yard

*Body value depends condition, mileage of used car etc, whether scrap or export. Value fluctuates according to demand from other countries

yes

certain models are in high demand in other countries

Used car dealers are like blood suckers. Back then, a camry 2.4 in Mar 2009 only cost $81k. Now if you filter and look at the car, how much does it cost for a same year car? Yes, they need to earn, but it is also them who jack up the new car price. If you can get a relatively new 2nd hand car at really lower price, will you go for a brand new car? Chances are yes, you will. But for those really plan their budget well, they will go for 2nd hand car. Afterall, there is no much different. It is only the price of secondhand is so near to new car that people rather look at new car than secondhand car. There should be a limit to how much a dealer can peg their cars to sell. Normally they tell you economy bad, tell you your car no value. Quoted you paper(COE) + PARF + Body. After they take over, they will tell customer Paper + PARF + Body + they need to earn. They need to earn about 15k to 20k a car. What I can suggest to fellow bro here is, take the PARF + COE + Body and see how much. Depending on the mileage, condition of the car and add about 5k to 8k to the dealer. That should be about right. 15k to 20k is hilarious.

$20k markup for high-end car is the norm. Jap/Korean makes generally lower.

Well, car dealers are running a business and they are sales people after all, see ghost, talk ghost language. [:p]

Anyway, they have to pay rental, salesman salary, commission, floor stock facilities, cost of making over the used cars etc. If they can sell higher when COE is high, why won't they do it?

Car market is always up and down. Remember when COE was low, used car dealers literally eat grass. Now they are making hay while the sun shines.

Well, I would say your post is very helpful for all those who are looking for a used vehicle. I would also like to add that irrespective of one

$20k markup for high-end car is the norm. Jap/Korean makes generally lower.

Well, car dealers are running a business and they are sales people after all, see ghost, talk ghost language. [:p]

Anyway, they have to pay rental, salesman salary, commission, floor stock facilities, cost of making over the used cars etc. If they can sell higher when COE is high, why won't they do it?

Car market is always up and down. Remember when COE was low, used car dealers literally eat grass. Now they are making hay while the sun shines.

during low COE,they do parallel import and alot of them roll in big money with the toyota wish model back then long before BM decides to bring in recent time.

eat grass are only those small number of fly by night one,majority still rake in profits in the green.

Neutral Newbie

As a general rule...it's not worth it to buy a used car nowadays. Just get a new one and save yourself all the hassle of all those dirty dealers.

[grin]

Here are some tips which would certainly help you to figure out, which car is worth to buy and which is not

Turbocharged

As a general rule...it's not worth it to buy a used car nowadays. Just get a new one and save yourself all the hassle of all those dirty dealers.

[grin]

Spoken like a true richie rich.

Turbocharged

Well, I would say your post is very helpful for all those who are looking for a used vehicle. I would also like to add that irrespective of one

Neutral Newbie

it all depends on your patience and willingness to understand. I just spent a long time on sites classified ads. This is enough to understand what was frank scams, which is clearly overrated. So what should be the price of used cars. More information, more experience. But this way you get better yourself. Just for information or for an example

http://claz.org/classifieds/vehicles/cars

http://losangeles.daype.com/autos/cars-and-trucks

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/hub?Log=0

Neutral Newbie

Please be careful of this company:

Ultra Speed in woodlands industrial Blk 180.

They are dishonest and overcharge customers. They take in cars at very low prices and sell them at very high prices. Be careful.

I was cheated almost $10k. When I called him and ask him why, he was still rude.

OT a bit... Can any bros here show how to calculate your own car price shld I wanna sell by myself?  any advise is v much appreciated

buy new, still got chance to sell due to lose not so much money due to paper value

buy second had... prepare to drive all the way.... unless you want to cough out blood

second hand car price (those low paper value ones) is marked up at new COE car prices...

when time to sell, sure bang balls unless you drive all the way

Might not, my 2nd car ride purchased in end 2014 is now selling above its previous depreciation by 2K. Still pple buy from me direct.

no need to make it so complex la.

Easy:

1. check price

2. check $$ in bank account

3. If 2 > 1, buy. Else go back to step 1 with another car.

Got money. Checked

Feels like a good deal. Checked

Buy

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1