Horrible Tuning Experience With OBD-Tuning Pte Ltd!

Dermocyma

http://www2.vagsg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58482

Hi All,

I recently had a very bad experience with OBD-Tuning Pte Ltd. I tried calling many local tuners about my new 2nd car, a Volvo S40 2.0i and all said they can't tune the car. Then I found Dave Naidu from OBD-Tuning Pte Ltd. He claimed that he can get me 18HP and 20NM more, so I agreed and hired him for a custom tune. He did an extremely fast job (in about an hour) and told me that I will need to drive the car hard for 200km before the ECU will adapt to the new tune. I did exactly as instructed (and more) but I could feel no difference whatsover! I have had a bmw tuned before and 20nm torque is VERY obvious. This one, nothing! It feels bone stock! I complained to him and he said he will contact his UK counterpart to check! After a few days of not hearing from him, I texted him and he told me that his counter part said that there is nothing wrong with the map they wrote! WTH? I knew something is wrong because I hired him to do the custom tune....why now UK is involved? Now, I decided to dig deeper and look what I found:

I requested for my original map and his customed map to be emailed to me. He procrastinated and said that he will need to retrieve it from his UK server (from his counter part). I "poked" him on this because I remember he told me he keeps all files in his computer as backup. After a few hours he emailed me the 2 files nicely named with my car's registration number and some professional tuning terms. He warned me that I will not be able to open these files without the right tools as they are encrypted. With the blessing from God, my tuner friend managed to open it. But he could not match it with a Volvo tuning driver after trying for an hour. So he decided to seek help from his principal company and his principal company matched it with a BMW driver! Dave Naidu emailed me BMW maps!!! Those are not my maps!

Also, coincidentally, after sharing this around, a friend of mine told me she had contacted Dave Naidu to tune her newly collected Audi A4 2.0TFSI. Dave said he can do it via OBD and that he can do it in 1.5hrs at her place. I have actually done much reading up after my own incident and it is known that the new Audis have anti-tune protcols loaded into their cars. To tune them, you can't go through OBD port and you will need to remove the ECU and open it up to write the new map into the ECU's board directly...how come the whole world need to remove ECU but only Dave Naidu from OBD-Tuning Pte Ltd can do it via OBD? Got magic?

Finally, after sharing this in BMW-SG forum, a fellow member also shared his bad experiences with Dave Naidu. Please be careful all!!!

Turbocharged

I remember seeing this company in the latest AA magazine.. got some sort of discount in Nov/Dec period.. maybe victims can complain to AA about this?

I remember seeing this company in the latest AA magazine.. got some sort of discount in Nov/Dec period.. maybe victims can complain to AA about this?

realistically when it comes to reconstitution, there is nothing legal that obliges AA to compensate the victims. On another note, that scum really sullies the rep of freelance tuners. honestly trust is everything for freelance tuners because they don't have access to dynamometers and they can't verify with solid evidence that your car has been genuinely boosted.

realistically when it comes to reconstitution, there is nothing legal that obliges AA to compensate the victims. On another note, that scum really sullies the rep of freelance tuners. honestly trust is everything for freelance tuners because they don't have access to dynamometers and they can't verify with solid evidence that your car has been genuinely boosted.

That's why do a dyno before and after you get the ECU remapped or tuned. It's the logical thing to do.

Turbocharged

well.. at least AA can take them out from their future advertisements.. it tarnish their reputations too..

yes, should go for dyno after tuning.. otherwise how would one know? for me, i'd like to know in exact how much improvement is achieved (or not).. not some butt feel..

well.. at least AA can take them out from their future advertisements.. it tarnish their reputations too..

yes, should go for dyno after tuning.. otherwise how would one know? for me, i'd like to know in exact how much improvement is achieved (or not).. not some butt feel..

you would be surprised. some people use butt feel dyno testing. :D